EVGA

Evga Torq X10 Review

Author
icetorch
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2014/06/19 23:45:20 (permalink)
Post edited to remove image showing serial number.  OP, please contact webmaster@evga.com if you have any questions or concerns - Rob.

\
(Nice flexible braided cable that "holds its shape".)
Got my EVGA Torq X10 Mouse while I was at work and when I got home, couldn't help but open it up and taking some quick pictures to show. SO sorry for bad photo quality (from my iPhone 5)and quick review.

Initial impression
Build quality - The plastic is made of matte high quality plastic on top of a solid metal plate. Looking from the side, I really like how "sharp"/cut the side profile is. The wheel is rubberized and the the top is a nice solid plastic. The mouse feet are nice and smooth and feel like they would take a while to wear down. Edit: The plastic, in my experience so far, makes my hand sweat a bit and the sweat "marks/stains" the matte plastic but it does wash off. 

Functionality - The left and right mouse click feels nice and solid/positive. The rubberized wheel has a nice feel and has light positive clicks/bumps. The dpi adjustment buttons are light/positive (clicks) with some. The side buttons are easy to push (the distance you have to click them is small) but a slightly mushy/wiggles after it clicks. I didn't have problems accidentally hitting the dpi adjustment buttons but the side buttons I occasionally hit. It has a nice smooth glide.
- The height adjust is actually really useful. The height maxed out at about 4 turns.
- On the lowest height, it was a little awkward to use, I found myself using a claw grip between 0.25 - 4.0 turns. The claw grip felt more comfortable after 0.25 turns.
- I found I could use a fingertip grip with lowest setting and between 0.00 - 1.00 turns.
- I found that I could start using the fingertip grip between 2.50 - 4.00 turns.
- One thing to note is that these result are subject and that I have relatively small hands. My hand is roughly 17cm from the base to the tip of my middle finger and about 9.5 cm wide from the base of my pinky to the base of my thumb.

Size - The mouse feels like a nice size for my hand and for larger hands may feel smaller. For my hand, it feels like a medium sized mouse and this lets me switch between claw or palm. (If it was smaller, I'd be using a fingertip/claw grip). Edit: After googling online, my hand is slightly below avg but not too far off.

- The dpi button profiles aren't that bad. With no bars it feels like the dpi is between 600-800 dpi. Edit: Each bar increases the dpi. No bars is 800 dpi, 1 bar is 1600, 2 bars is 3200, 3 bars is 5000, and 4 bars is 8200.
- I'm not sure but I think each increase is about 200 dpi.
- With 1 bar it felt standard/normal.
- With 2 bars it felt like a nice speed boost while remain accurate.
- With 3 bars it felt a bit fast.
- With 4 bars it was difficult to control and I feel like I wouldn't go this high unless I was in a game where something like scope speed felt slow.
Note: Haven't done any real testing since I've only had an hour or two with it.

Weight - With no weights added it doesn't feel very light nor would I consider it "heavy". I would say it has a medium weight leaning towards a little lighter compared to some "heavy" mice. Adding the maximum amount of weights (12g) makes it feel a little heavier but their isn't anything significantly noticeable. (I think the difference will be felt more while playing games) The perfect weight for me was an additional 6g of weight to make it feel a little more stable/medium weighted. I'd say the weight system is slightly gimmicky except for the 6g weights, but I will have to test it further to really make a final judgement.

(The colors Yellow and red were too hard to capture with my phone but the led colors look really nice in person.) My favorite color is the blue.
You can adjust the colors with a button on the bottom

Gaming - Can't really say since I haven't really tested it much. 

Software - Can't say since I haven't looked at it yet. Edit: The software does have a lot of features, you can turn the mouse acceleration and angle snapping on or off. You can customize the buttons and dpi. There is also macroing integrated in the software. You can change the profile by pressing the button on the bottom of the mosue which changes the color of the LED.

Sensor Test - Can't really say. Slight acceleration maybe.

Overall - I really like this mouse. Although, I can't say it is the "best" mouse. However, I can that EVGA has a really solid entry. Especially, when considering this is their first mouse. When I consider this I'm slightly impressed.

Rating 4/5- I'd give it at least a solid 4/5 but I'd like to test it more.
If someone could give me a good testing methodology and review format for mice, it would help me if/when I want to make a serious review of this mouse.
Also not sure how to resize images.
post edited by evga_robb - 2014/07/23 11:57:57

4 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_JacobF
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 16946
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: Evga Torq X10 Review 2014/06/23 10:10:44 (permalink)
    Nice and very detailed 

icetorch
    • Total Posts : 6
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Evga Torq X10 Review 2014/06/23 15:24:38 (permalink)
    It cant be really an official review since when I reviewed it, I didn't get a chance to break ti in and game on it too much. I also didn't review the software. But now that I've had a couple days with it I like it. 

When I got it, I was really excited and felt that I needed to review some of it. At least the physical aspect. I felt that posting some pictures would help people decide on the mouse.
    IGantchev
    • Total Posts : 27
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Evga Torq X10 Review 2014/07/31 16:55:41 (permalink)
    I think it's a cool mouse overall but I have a huge design problem with the buttons.

The left button actuation point is too far in between clicking and release and the force required to press it is unusually high. There is this creeking right before you click because the cover is simply held by some small plastic snaps.  This drives me crazy.  You don't normally think of this because clicks are clicks on solid top mice.  The right mouse button seems better but the left one is used much more obviously.

Also, when I scroll and click the wheel, I find myself brushing over or clicking the speed change buttons.  Super annoying when in the middle of a game and your mouse speeds up all of a sudden.

Third, the side buttons on the other side (i.e. right side for right hand people), get randomly brushed and pushed by your fingers because they're just in the way.  Not a good feeling.
    post edited by IGantchev - 2014/07/31 17:31:55
    EVGA_JacobF
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 16946
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: Evga Torq X10 Review 2014/07/31 18:29:44 (permalink)
    Make sure that the cover is completely snapped down all the way, if not it could cause some inconsistency's with the button feel.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile