Helpful ReplyEVGA X79 Dark

Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 31 of 56
Author
dustingg
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1647
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/09 12:44:45 (permalink)
And how do you know this?

ROG Z790-APEX : 13900KF (RTX4080)
EVGA Z370-FTW: 9900KF (RTX3080)
Associate Code: VOM7YYOWC5ADWTW
YouTube RigPics Twitter

CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2994
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/09 13:43:46 (permalink)
dustingg

And how do you know this?

I don't, it is the only logical thing though. They aren't just going to give out thousands of dollars of hardware for free. Next since there was a price drop they can't just offer to give it to everyone that owns the classified otherwise people that only paid $250 would be getting a $450+ mobo for $200 less which wouldn't be fair. So the last thing to do is offer step up for people that have purchased any x79 motherboard from evga since they were released. Step up works where you pay the difference + tax(i think)+ shipping
bigmyke
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 393
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/09 14:16:02 (permalink)
I've never used the step up program.  Don't you have to wait in line and it usually takes weeks if not months to get your products through step up.   There also better be cross shipping option as well. 
post edited by bigmyke - 2013/06/09 14:19:25
dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/09 14:58:07 (permalink)
This again is all hear say and speculation. We'll all see what evga has to offer once the dark is released.

YouTube RigPics Twitter

firerx
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3099
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/09 15:57:32 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

bigmyke

Thanks for Clarification! I"m so happppy.  Now more info on the RMA program for those who wish to exchange for their current x79 to a x79 dark motherboard

It will just be step up and they will just allow everyone to do it no matter when you purchased. It wont be free though, you will still have to pay the difference + tax + shipping both ways. At least that is how I figure they will do it. 

yeah , if I remember right, that was the way the 680i to 780i step up was handled.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme  
Intel Core i9 10900X 
Corsair Platinums 3000mhz 32gb 
 RTX 3090 FE 
TT 1200w PSU
Samsung 950 Pro M2 SSD 1tb
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1tb
Samsumg 840 Pro SSD, Seagate 1TB drive   
LG 34" Curved Monitor 3440 X 1440       

ViperBlackEdition
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 261
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/09 16:31:47 (permalink)
dustingg

This again is all hear say and speculation. We'll all see what evga has to offer once the dark is released.

We have someone giving a possible and even plausible path one might take with a step-up program and their getting questioned as if in the wrong.
Same thing was said about those saying the X79 Dark was clearly an E-ATX form factor board. One of my post for saying something I was told to be true (the X79 Dark is not the same size as the X79 Classified) was shot down as being untrue. Even with the overwhelming visual evidence to corroborate my statement.

I was even hit with a forum member quoting  EVGA_JacobF as if to tell me what was posted by me as false.  Another forum member posted  "How could the EVGA Product Manager be wrong?" . Another forum member posted this after another X79 Dark is an E-ATX board post "This is all just hear say and uber nerd speculation".  I am glad EVGA came back to correct the mistake. I guess next time for those of us on the forums that know a comment to be a mistake to just wait it out.

Off topic a bit... I'm still trying to figure out how I can give a link to something that was said to me over the phone or in person. Has this been invented yet? Could you post a link.
dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/09 16:38:03 (permalink)
Guess we'll see when it comes out

YouTube RigPics Twitter

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18937
  • Ribbons : 58
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/09 19:00:19 (permalink)

Sounds like a good way to handle it (step-up, but without the time limit)... providing you're the original owner, otherwise anyone who wants a Dark will just go buy a used Classy for cheap and then trade up.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

tonschk
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 179
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/10 01:58:22 (permalink)
ILikeBeans

tonschk

EVGA_JacobF

Its the same size as X79 Classified.

Wrong, the X79 Dark is the same size as the X79 FTW

Wrong, look at it again. There is no way to put another PCIe slot in the length of the FTW PCB for quad SLI

PC Power&Cooling 910W Silencer, I just LOVE this high quality and built to last PSU 
junsupernutz
  • Total Posts : 58
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/10 09:23:43 (permalink)
still no new of when it will be release ?
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/10 10:02:08 (permalink)
junsupernutz

still no new of when it will be release ?

No just sometime within the next month. Unless that has changed
AnnabellaRenee87
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 334
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/10 13:34:18 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF

Sorry for the confusion, actually it is EATX, not XL-ATX.

Since is same as X79 FTW (Not Classified)

Yay I don't have to buy a new case ^_^

EVGA X79 DARK Motherboard, Intel 4930K @4.4 Ghz
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB, GTX 1080Ti
Corsair AX1200, Corsair 800D Case.
maskedmenace
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 377
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/11 06:17:47 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

bigmyke

Thanks for Clarification! I"m so happppy.  Now more info on the RMA program for those who wish to exchange for their current x79 to a x79 dark motherboard

It will just be step up and they will just allow everyone to do it no matter when you purchased. It wont be free though, you will still have to pay the difference + tax + shipping both ways. At least that is how I figure they will do it. 

No offense but, you're missing those individuals that paid for 4/5 ARMA's only to find out they wasted their money, at 80$/per because EVGA knew the entire time that the motherboard was broken.

They even continue to sell, the broken product...So, they're still spreading this useless motherboard to more people that didn't inform themselves prior to purchasing.

If they had pulled the run and actually accounted for their mistakes, your point would hold water but, as is, some people on here have invested far beyond retail in getting their broken product to work because EVGA told them that the next one, might work...

Return of the Sith
Case-Labs STH10 Custom, Asus RIVE, Intel 3930k Oc'd 5.0ghz, Corsair Dominator 4x4 2133C9, 3x 780 Lightnings Tri-SLI, 2x Corsair AX1200i, 2x Intel Cherryville 240gb SSD's, 2x Caviar Black 1tb, 100% water ~ Heatkiller cooled.
dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/11 07:06:04 (permalink)
maskedmenace

CAxVIPER

bigmyke

No offense but, you're missing those individuals that paid for 4/5 ARMA's only to find out they wasted their money, at 80$/per because EVGA knew the entire time that the motherboard was broken.

They even continue to sell, the broken product...So, they're still spreading this useless motherboard to more people that didn't inform themselves prior to purchasing.

If they had pulled the run and actually accounted for their mistakes, your point would hold water but, as is, some people on here have invested far beyond retail in getting their broken product to work because EVGA told them that the next one, might work...

YUP!

I'm surprised no one has sued them for selling a broken product, continuing to sell a broken product.

YouTube RigPics Twitter

CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/11 07:59:16 (permalink)
maskedmenace

CAxVIPER

bigmyke

You had 30 days to return it, no one forced you to keep it nor did anyone force you to RMA it. So expecting to get a free motherboard because you elected not to return it is ridiculous. You should be happy that EVGA is even going to offer to try and remedy this whole situation. 
maskedmenace
iCX Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/11 08:13:01 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

maskedmenace

You had 30 days to return it, no one forced you to keep it nor did anyone force you to RMA it. So expecting to get a free motherboard because you elected not to return it is ridiculous. You should be happy that EVGA is even going to offer to try and remedy this whole situation. 

Again, EVGA told many customers that an RMA would solve their situation and did not, well beyond the 30 day window.

I had customers that used the motherboards for significantly longer than 30 days before deciding that they no longer wished to use a failed product.

You claim I had 30 days and yet, the RMA's and the faults of the situation, actually weren't mine as a business owner nor as an individual...

I paid retail, at launch, for every motherboard I had PLUS the RMA's...Were I to do the math, I paid roughly $500 per board.

Where's my refund for the broken product I paid for, while EVGA continually promised me that each RMA would fix my problem? Only, it never did?

I'm not disagreeing that the buyer shares a burden but, once again, this isn't the customer's burden.

Return of the Sith
Case-Labs STH10 Custom, Asus RIVE, Intel 3930k Oc'd 5.0ghz, Corsair Dominator 4x4 2133C9, 3x 780 Lightnings Tri-SLI, 2x Corsair AX1200i, 2x Intel Cherryville 240gb SSD's, 2x Caviar Black 1tb, 100% water ~ Heatkiller cooled.
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/11 08:22:07 (permalink)
maskedmenace

CAxVIPER

maskedmenace

Again, EVGA told many customers that an RMA would solve their situation and did not, well beyond the 30 day window.

I had customers that used the motherboards for significantly longer than 30 days before deciding that they no longer wished to use a failed product.

You claim I had 30 days and yet, the RMA's and the faults of the situation, actually weren't mine as a business owner nor as an individual...

I paid retail, at launch, for every motherboard I had PLUS the RMA's...Were I to do the math, I paid roughly $500 per board.

Where's my refund for the broken product I paid for, while EVGA continually promised me that each RMA would fix my problem? Only, it never did?

I'm not disagreeing that the buyer shares a burden but, once again, this isn't the customer's burden.

I'm confused why you guys complain but didn't do anything about it. If you were spending this much all you had to do was file with small claims($25 to file) and you could of have had all your money back. EVGA approves returns past 30 days also. I've seen it done with the z77 FTW.  Oh plus you could have had EVGA pay for RMA
maskedmenace
iCX Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/11 09:03:20 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

maskedmenace

I'm confused why you guys complain but didn't do anything about it. If you were spending this much all you had to do was file with small claims($25 to file) and you could of have had all your money back. EVGA approves returns past 30 days also. I've seen it done with the z77 FTW.  Oh plus you could have had EVGA pay for RMA

LOL.

Prior to dispensing legal advice, I'd suggest you contact your lawyer or at least do some solid research.

Filing a small claims case takes far more than $25 particularly considering where EVGA is located...In English, I'd never recoup the full amount that I spent. So, better luck next time.

EVGA hasn't paid for the ADVANCED RMA'S that many of us sought with the guarantee of a working product. You seem to completely ignore the fact that every RMA an individual made, was only accepted because EVGA promised a working product -- News flash, it never came.

Jacob, admitted the motherboard had hardware faults AFTER about 4-5 months of ownership...Yet, they still sold the product...Knowingly. That's a game-changer.

Your idea for making up the difference is actually a good one, I'll tally the ARMA's I made at my customer's request (Each time EVGA promised a working product) and I'll expect a check from EVGA for the difference + the new boards...Thanks for the idea!

Return of the Sith
CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/11 09:49:40 (permalink)
maskedmenace

CAxVIPER

maskedmenace

LOL.

Prior to dispensing legal advice, I'd suggest you contact your lawyer or at least do some solid research.

Filing a small claims case takes far more than $25 particularly considering where EVGA is located...In English, I'd never recoup the full amount that I spent. So, better luck next time.

EVGA hasn't paid for the ADVANCED RMA'S that many of us sought with the guarantee of a working product. You seem to completely ignore the fact that every RMA an individual made, was only accepted because EVGA promised a working product -- News flash, it never came.

Jacob, admitted the motherboard had hardware faults AFTER about 4-5 months of ownership...Yet, they still sold the product...Knowingly. That's a game-changer.

Your idea for making up the difference is actually a good one, I'll tally the ARMA's I made at my customer's request (Each time EVGA promised a working product) and I'll expect a check from EVGA for the difference + the new boards...Thanks for the idea!

Either ways it doesn't really matter. EVGA is going to offer what they are going to offer and that is what everyone will get. I accepted the $250 loss on my z77 ftw that took me 6 months to sell because no one wanted to deal with the issues. 
dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/11 11:15:59 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

maskedmenace

CAxVIPER

maskedmenace

LOL.

Either ways it doesn't really matter. EVGA is going to offer what they are going to offer and that is what everyone will get. I accepted the $250 loss on my z77 ftw that took me 6 months to sell because no one wanted to deal with the issues. 

I'm afraid to ask, but what issues did you run into with the Z77?

YouTube RigPics Twitter

CAxVIPER
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/11 12:06:05 (permalink)
dustingg

CAxVIPER

maskedmenace

CAxVIPER

maskedmenace

LOL.

Instability, multiplier would reset back to stock, couldn't boot with 4 dimms of ram, bios issues, touchy usb 3, and then just some terrible motherboard lay out. 
post edited by CAxVIPER - 2013/06/11 13:31:52
mpetts
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 245
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/11 13:25:46 (permalink)
I think the worst thing for me was not being able to play around with the board without wearing out the BIOS reset button. It was complete insanity. All of the issues listed above, I experienced and then some. Not working with RAID cards (which is common across all recent EVGA motherboards) was a complete deal-breaker for me. It was the worst experience I'd ever had with a motherboard.

And yes, I was one of the people who got a refund long after 30 days was past. All I had to do was be very specific about what my complaints were, polite and EVGA had NewEgg process a return. I think it was between 60 and 90 days after purchase. I did lose the Advanced RMA fee I'd paid when registering and original shipping (they paid for the return), but it was worth it to get rid of that possessed motherboard.
Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12859
  • Ribbons : 51
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/11 15:01:49 (permalink)
Can we possibly get an updated ETA, I was under the impression it was supposed to be early June. It's essentially mid June now. And can we get more details on the support/step up for X79 owners?

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

chump7431
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3143
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/11 15:21:01 (permalink)
Halo_003

Can we possibly get an updated ETA, I was under the impression it was supposed to be early June. It's essentially mid June now. And can we get more details on the support/step up for X79 owners?

If I remember correctly Jacob mentioned early July in one of his interviews at Computex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTNQBos9Mgc

Build log +1
EVGA X79 DARK, 2 EVGA 780 Classified's, I7 4930K, Custom EK H2O, 16G 2133 GSkill Ram, Corsair AX1200, 900DubsD, Logitech G700-19-35 
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102394
  • Ribbons : 85
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/12 00:59:57 (permalink)
Early July is still the most up to date info I have

chump7431

Halo_003

If I remember correctly Jacob mentioned early July in one of his interviews at Computex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTNQBos9Mgc

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

dustingg
FTW Member
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/12 07:22:39 (permalink)
CAxVIPER

dustingg

CAxVIPER

maskedmenace

CAxVIPER

maskedmenace

LOL.

Instability, multiplier would reset back to stock, couldn't boot with 4 dimms of ram, bios issues, touchy usb 3, and then just some terrible motherboard lay out. 

Yikes! Man I really hope the Dark makes up for this and works to its specs. I really need to ditch this X79 SLI. I need 40PCIE lanes and I need the x16 gen3 spacing like yesterday! Not to mention I need to add another SSD and I've already used up the 2 sata III ports.

YouTube RigPics Twitter

AnnabellaRenee87
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 334
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/12 07:40:33 (permalink)
Anyone know what speed memory this board will support? Getting my parts ready for this board.

EVGA X79 DARK Motherboard, Intel 4930K @4.4 Ghz
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB, GTX 1080Ti
Corsair AX1200, Corsair 800D Case.
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Ribbons : 26
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/12 08:41:57 (permalink)
Officially will be 2400MHz, but will be able to support beyond.

Memory trace layout was completely redesigned from the ground up, so high memory speeds are supported.

Drunjk
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/12 12:08:27 (permalink)
Will the release date be the same in UK? also any ideas on the price in british pounds? Can't wait for this board!
randman76
  • Total Posts : 72
Re:EVGA X79 Dark 2013/06/12 12:20:46 (permalink)
Jacob - Do you know if the ECP will be included with the X79 Dark? I think it would sweeten the deal especially for those who previously purchased the X79 boards....It  certainly was a selling point for me when it was originally included with the X58 Classified.

Randman76  

EVGA X79 Clasified 
Intel 3960X 
4 x Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB RAID 0
2 x EVGA 580 GTX SLI 
4 x Rip Jaws (1600mhz 9-9-9-24) (4GB Modules)
Asus Xonar Xense 7.1 Sound Card
Thermaltake PSU 1200W
Page: << < ..3132333435.. > >> Showing page 31 of 56
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile