EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released

Page: << < ..111213 > Showing page 12 of 13
Author
HalloweenWeed
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4792
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 37
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/04 06:11:01 (permalink)
cipher_nemo

HalloweenWeedRead the OP at the beginning of this thread, and use that link instead. And if you have SATA III (6GB/s) be sure to update your firmware using that sticky.

Once I found this thread I had no problems. The problem is that EVGA has support pages out there (under their main site) that links to the BIOS update thread on the old forums with out-of-date content and links. They need to update their support pages. It has nothing to do with my ability to update my BIOS.

Agreed. Take notice please Jacob.

Main (gaming) rig: i7-3930K; Asus Rampage IV Extreme; H100 W/p-p Excaliburs, AS5; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB.
See my primary ModsRigs: Adam for the rest, and I have a second (wife's) rig Asus Rampage III Extreme & 960: Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.
austin0333
  • Total Posts : 47
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/06 10:43:06 (permalink)

My situation is correct. I flashed the MB (EVGA x58 SLI3) with rev 82. The first revision did not stick the first time. The clock speed of the cpu were incorrect showing @ 2.9 instead of @ 3.33ghz.

The duel bios could have been a factor, but after restoring the defaults, as what the tutorial says, it fixed the clock and other boot information to show correctly and the revision was permanent.
post edited by austin0333 - 2011/08/07 09:48:31

i5 2500k 3.30ghz || Cooler Master Hyper 212+ || Corsair Vengeance 8gb || EVGA P67 FTW /w ECP/EVGAUGE || Corsair AX850 || EVGA GTX 570 || Corsair 800D || NZXT Sentry 2 fan controller || WD Caviar Black 1TB || Sony x24 DVD/RW

ypsylon
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 527
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/06 23:17:11 (permalink)
All I want for X-mas... I mean BIOS83 is to get rid of double-pump permanently. And don't tell me it is not possible.

I had many motherboards over past decade (775 and 1366) but X58 EVGA SLI3 is just something silly. I have nothing against board when it works. But I have to physically turn PC off every day. I need to powered down everything that is connected to UPS. And UPS must be turned off too. It is too loud with fans working by default whenever there is power. Hell even forget about UPS for a moment. Don't tell me that use of surge protectors was outlawed around the world?!

Get rid of Double Pump.  Its killing my HDDs/arrays quietly...
Crusheddream
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1985
  • Ribbons : 12
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/07 03:04:59 (permalink)
Any update as to when we are getting a BIOS update?  Been a while now.  Just wondering dont really have anything to complain about :).  Just biding my time til X79.

zalbard
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 194
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/08 09:32:44 (permalink)
There are a few quite serious issues, I reported them a couple of times...
techmasterjoe
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 282
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/10 07:32:27 (permalink)
rev 82 killed the extra SATA on my E758-A1
rolled back to 64 and all works fine so i'm staying where i'm at tell the next ver

any chance Evga can add SSD catching to a bios update (i know it can be done)
rev64 to 82 i lost add on SATA and Lan's (no impact to intel Sata)
all 4 times i try same thing (i re-downloaded it all 4 just to make sure it was not a file problem)
links for some older rev are messed up

Home =dual gigabit fiber >ONT> Rig One > UniFi POE switch > 5X UniFi AP's
Rig #1 (ESXi pfSense, L3 Firewall, Deep Packet, VPN's, OwnCloud)
8700k at 5.0Ghz, 64GB AsRock Z370 itx, FD node 303 case 1x intel X740 Quad SFP+ 2 fiber & 2 RJ45, 6x10TB WD Red's (single disk redundant) 1TB samsung mSata for VM's

Rig #2
9900K OC'd to 5.1, 32GB OC'd to 4200,
EKWB single loop (360 XE + 120 SE rads)
AsRock Taichi Ultimate, EVGA 1000w G3, 1x 2080 ti XC2 ultra, EVGA DG-77 stickers removed 3d printed spacers add 4mm extra gap to front glass and printed pump mount.
HalloweenWeed
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/10 08:12:29 (permalink)
techmasterjoe

rev 82 killed the extra SATA on my E758-A1
rolled back to 64 and all works fine so i'm staying where i'm at tell the next ver

any chance Evga can add SSD catching to a bios update (i know it can be done)
rev64 to 82 i lost add on SATA and Lan's (no impact to intel Sata)
all 4 times i try same thing (i re-downloaded it all 4 just to make sure it was not a file problem)
links for some older rev are messed up

Set JMB362 & JMB363 (Jmicron SATA) to "enabled." Then set the proper one(s) to the proper mode, IDE or AHCI, whichever you used when you formatted your HDD.

Main (gaming) rig: i7-3930K; Asus Rampage IV Extreme; H100 W/p-p Excaliburs, AS5; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB.
See my primary ModsRigs: Adam for the rest, and I have a second (wife's) rig Asus Rampage III Extreme & 960: Eve.

Superman12507
  • Total Posts : 11
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/10 13:01:41 (permalink)
Ok so this may sound dumb, I sent Jacob an email regarding a bios upgrade or update, either/or... He asked if I have any suggestions, maybe people need to instead of just asking about the update maybe we need to make suggestions that maybe can assist Jacob in building an update. I mean I asked about the UEFI he said there were too many problems or hardware incompatibilty, but I am not genious in the bios department, one thing i notice alot is that during times of high end gaming my mouse does a mad studder/hesitation. Thats kind of annoying, especially when I am popping 16GB of Ram, Western Digital VelociRaptor 600GB 10000 RPM Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s, I have been operating on the X64 Version of Vista, I have Windows 7 now but unsure if I should run X86 or X64 so I have not installed it yet. Any ideas? I almost forgot, I am operating on an EVGA X58 SLI3 E767 with bios update 82 and I have shut off my SATA 3.0 running 2 EVGA DS Superclocked GeForce GTX 580 & Thermaltake Toughpower W0132RU 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS Certified
post edited by Superman12507 - 2011/08/10 13:10:01
loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10497
  • Ribbons : 65
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/10 13:13:24 (permalink)
Superman12507

Ok so this may sound dumb, I sent Jacob an email regarding a bios upgrade or update, either/or... He asked if I have any suggestions, maybe people need to instead of just asking about the update maybe we need to make suggestions that maybe can assist Jacob in building an update. I mean I asked about the UEFI he said there were too many problems or hardware incompatibilty, but I am not genious in the bios department, one thing i notice alot is that during times of high end gaming my mouse does a mad studder/hesitation. Thats kind of annoying, especially when I am popping 16GB of Ram, Western Digital VelociRaptor 600GB 10000 RPM Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s, I have been operating on the X64 Version of Vista, I have Windows 7 now but unsure if I should run X86 or X64 so I have not installed it yet. Any ideas?

The choice is simple. You have to run x64 if you want to have all your RAM. Otherwise you will only get 3.7GB or so of Memory out of your 16GB.
As far as the mouse thing, does all your RAM check out fine? Does it pass Memtest86+ when it is all in the system? Do you have it configured properly? If you are using XMP profile I would suggest you don't and put the timings in Manually as XMP is known to cause issues. Have you tried other mice?

As to the BIOS update, I hear people are still complaining about C states and other power saving features. Not sure what they are as I don't pay attention because I don't use them.

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM - 32GB Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 14-14-14-34
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
PSU - Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Heatkiller IV CPU Waterblock / Heatkiller V GPU Waterblock
Heatkiller V EBC Active Backplate / Two Heatkiller Rad 360 L
Six Noctua NF-A12x25 / Heatkiller D5 Pump
zalbard
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 194
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/11 03:40:49 (permalink)
loveha As to the BIOS update, I hear people are still complaining about C states and other power saving features. Not sure what they are as I don't pay attention because I don't use them.

The board doesn't undervolt vCore when idle as it should.
And enabling HPET and C6 makes DPC and ISR latencies jump up 10x.
roller11
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 995
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/13 14:45:03 (permalink)
Could we PLEASE get rid of hysteresis on the CPU fan  controller?  It serves no useful purpose, and it results in excessive irritating fan noise,  sluggish fan performance which makes that header useless.  If EVGA cranked down the hysteresis to zero, then EVGA would be the only mobo brand that has instantaneous fan control, and that would be a large competitive advantage.
All Abit mobos had zero hysteresis, but they're no longer around.  The fan controller on EVGA's Vid cards has zero hysteresis, but EVGA has locked users out of the critical desireable   0-29% range, possibly a bigger problem than hysteresis..... so we're left with nothing. 

HalloweenWeed
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/13 15:33:10 (permalink)
roller11

Could we PLEASE get rid of hysteresis on the CPU fan  controller?  It serves no useful purpose, and it results in excessive irritating fan noise,  sluggish fan performance which makes that header useless.  If EVGA cranked down the hysteresis to zero, then EVGA would be the only mobo brand that has instantaneous fan control, and that would be a large competitive advantage.
All Abit mobos had zero hysteresis, but they're no longer around.  The fan controller on EVGA's Vid cards has zero hysteresis, but EVGA has locked users out of the critical desireable   0-29% range, possibly a bigger problem than hysteresis..... so we're left with nothing. 

Do you know what "hysteresis" really is? I don't know what you are talking about, my fans work perfectly, and I use SmartFan.

roller11
SSC Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/13 16:18:39 (permalink)
Hysteresis is the difference in a profile ascending temp vs descending temp.  Ever notice that when you exit a game your CPU temp drops immediately, but the fan still revs high?  Fan speed eventually comes down, but there is no reason for the lag, fan should downrev instantly, like the fan control on my gtx480 (which is hysteresis = zero, check it out under the fan tab of after burner).
The important thing is that EVGAs BIOS engineers know all about hysteresis.

HalloweenWeed
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/13 20:47:34 (permalink)
roller11

Hysteresis is the difference in a profile ascending temp vs descending temp.  Ever notice that when you exit a game your CPU temp drops immediately, but the fan still revs high?  Fan speed eventually comes down, but there is no reason for the lag, fan should downrev instantly, like the fan control on my gtx480 (which is hysteresis = zero, check it out under the fan tab of after burner).
The important thing is that EVGAs BIOS engineers know all about hysteresis.

Yes, I see you do know what hysteresis is. But that's not the reason the fans delay before slowing.
The fan control is done by CPU package temp, not core temp. The package temp has a delay after the core temp changes. It's usually about 15C cooler than core temps, but when you go from 100% to idle the core temps drop 20C before the case temp drops 5C - thus a delay. The same delay in temperature transmission happens on CPU burn tests, the case lags behind, so the fans take longer to spin up. This is just the way it works, it is not a problem, and has NOTHING to do with causing undo noise (such as vibration from very quick voltage changes) in your fans, if this is the case it sounds like you have bad fans. DC fans do not have the frequency noise susceptibility like AC motors do.

You come on here complaining about some thing that is not bothering anybody else, then you neglect to explain your complaint - why it is that you are complaining. So far the only point you have come up with is a result of your lack of knowledge of the hardware. Perhaps if you could tell us your real problem, we could have a reasonable debate. I have to wonder at this point if you are just a troll.

roller11
SSC Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/14 14:13:58 (permalink)
HalloweenWeed 
then you neglect to explain your complaint - why it is that you are complaining.

Did you read a single word of my post?   Did you somehow miss my complaint about "excessive irritaing  fan noise"?  Or  "sluggish fan performance"?   What about losing the lower 29% of the fan's range on my gtx480?  Any of this sound familiar?

I don't know who you think you are, but you don't get to decide who can and cannot post to this forum.  You don't have the power of censorship, especially when it's a matter of somebody saying something you don't like.  You started out by spouting this "package temp" non-sense, that was Ok.  Then you started hurling insults, start a flame war (which violates the tos) for my "crime" of reporting a deficiency of the BIOS.   What are you going to do?  Ban me from this forum?  
If you were right, then the delay would be in both ascending and descending directions.  But it's easy to show that there is no delay *at all* in the ascending direction, and lots of delay in the descending direction.  "Package temp" myth dismissed.  BTW, MSI uses the same fan controller chip and they have almost no delay descending, more proof that it's a matter of programing.

Somebody needs to teach you some manners, son.

HalloweenWeed
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/14 19:04:54 (permalink)
roller11

HalloweenWeed 
then you neglect to explain your complaint - why it is that you are complaining.

Did you read a single word of my post?   Did you somehow miss my complaint about "excessive irritaing  fan noise"?  Or  "sluggish fan performance"?   What about losing the lower 29% of the fan's range on my gtx480?  Any of this sound familiar?

I don't know who you think you are, but you don't get to decide who can and cannot post to this forum.  You don't have the power of censorship, especially when it's a matter of somebody saying something you don't like.  You started out by spouting this "package temp" non-sense, that was Ok.  Then you started hurling insults, start a flame war (which violates the tos) for my "crime" of reporting a deficiency of the BIOS.   What are you going to do?  Ban me from this forum?  
If you were right, then the delay would be in both ascending and descending directions.  But it's easy to show that there is no delay *at all* in the ascending direction, and lots of delay in the descending direction.  "Package temp" myth dismissed.  BTW, MSI uses the same fan controller chip and they have almost no delay descending, more proof that it's a matter of programing.

Somebody needs to teach you some manners, son.

No, I don't pretend to dictate who posts and what they say. I am sorry if I have insulted you. Please accept my apology. It's just that the only way you could have fan noise is when it kicks up near 100%, and that's your call, you decide what fans to hook up to the mobo header, some fans are much louder than others, how can you blame that on EVGA? I am not trying to moderate this thread, I am just defending EVGA although I don't really consider EVGA to be the best mobo mfgr. You decide when the fan reaches 100% by your BIOS settings, why don't you just adjust it so the fan runs slower? You seem to blame it on "hysteresis" but you never make the link to why it is hysteresis causing your issue. I have told you why the fans have a delay, and it is up to you to acknowledge that or not, whatever. Now to avoid any more controversy, and avoid looking like a fool anymore (you know what they say), I will leave you alone. It is now up to others to answer your complaints, if they deem it worth the effort. If your goal was to come on here and say something without anyone challenging you, I'm srry I did not have the clairvoyance to guess that was your goal, go ahead now, I will not challenge you any more. Feel free to say whatever you want. GL to you.
post edited by HalloweenWeed - 2011/08/14 19:18:37

roller11
SSC Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/14 20:27:32 (permalink)
HalloweenWeed 
you decide what fans to hook up to the mobo header, some fans are much louder than others, how can you blame that on EVGA?

So your answer is "this is your fault because you choose to connect a fan to the fan header"???  That's your solution, if something is broken, don't use it???    EVGA is responsible for the design of the mobo fan header, and they choose to apply a lot of unnecessary hysteresis.   You obviously have NO IDEA what hysteresis is, but the designers certainly do and that's the only audience I wanted.  
why don't you just adjust it so the fan runs slower?

Because that doesn't eliminate the problem,  hysteresis!  
 You seem to blame it on "hysteresis" but you never make the link to why it is hysteresis causing your issue.

I made the link for anyone who knows what hysteresis is.
Here, maybe you can understand this:  when I come out of a game, I should have idle fan speed.    Instead, the fan RPM stays at the high level I had when I was in the game, and stays there for a period of time, well past the point where my CPU temp has gone below my low temp threshold.  The rpm drops very slowly and all the while, I'm subjected to excessive unnecessary fan noise even though the CPU is cool.

I have told you why the fans have a delay,

Oh yes, your "case temp" theory.
  Why on Earth would Intel put a thermal diode on every chip, then ignore it in favor of another temp probe that reports the heat spreader temp?  That amounts to Intel being more concerned with the heatsink temp than the temp of their silicon.  It would also result in very sluggish/unresponsive fan control, the exact opposite of what anybody would want.    That's plain crazy. 
 ... your goal was to come on here and say something without anyone challenging you

My goal was not to be insulted by someone with absolutely no technical knowledge.   All I wanted was  EVGA to read this and think about the fact that there is no benefit to hysteresis, only  the delay/lag/sluggish fan performance that  results.  I want them to think "Hmm....good question, why do we have hysteresis?"  All the fan controllers on all the Nvidia GPUs have zero hysteresis, that's why they have instantaneous response.   MSI mobos have close to zero hysteresis. Normally I use the PWM controller on my gtx480, but then I can't operate in the desireable sub-30% range.   

So there are two fixes:
Mod the GPU BIOS to allow control over the fan's entire range (0-100%) or,  Mod the mobo BIOS to eliminate hysteresis on the CPU header.  Or at least give us a slider so we can choose how much or little hysteresis to apply, as is the case with nvidia's GPUs which, by the way, defaults to zero hysteresis. 

post edited by roller11 - 2011/08/14 20:30:37
thecarlessdriven
  • Total Posts : 7
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/17 22:33:03 (permalink)
Hey, so Im doing a clean install on a new SSD drive tomorrow and i wanted to flash my EVGA X58 Micro SLi BIOS and just wanted to make sure the links on the first page here are still the most up to date for the USB flash method?

Thanks

Superman12507
  • Total Posts : 11
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/18 14:47:30 (permalink)
I do not know about most people in the forum, but I never intro's myself, my name is Alex and I am new to system building, its kind of just a hobby that I've taken on since I was diagnosed with an incurable brain stem tumor, I have been noticing since I joined the forum that a bios for my EVGA E767 SLI3 has not been developed since April, I like to be on top of things and I find it appalling however that 6 bios updates have been developed and released for the Z68/P67 board line. I feel almost as though EVGA has seen their way to shut the X58 bios development line, to prepare for the X79 which I find to be bias I mean if your gonna stop working on the bios line for the X58 then damn well stop selling the line, bad enough we are forced to only have bios updates rather than to have the bios converted out of the staging that we are currently forced to work with. Its a bios that has been killed its reached its END OF LIFE cycle and so you at EVGA just seem to add to it or take away from it, seemingly disrupting whatever is working well and making the bad worse, Normally I would not speak this way but I am fed up. I bought my son a MOBO from newegg the same board I have, I registered it, installed it, ran into some very distressing issues, asked for an RMA from EVGA, I sent them my board and they claim they never got it, BS.... Where is my tracking receipt, well I am not sure, however when I did the RMA they required me to upload a copy of my purchase receipt and I uploaded a copy of my shipping receipt but they CLAIM NOPE... BS.... So I... A father who has a brain tumor and am unable to work due to seizures, have to use my disability check to buy another board, for my son who is 23 and just arrived home from Afghanistan after being there for 4 years because I promised to build him a gaming machine. So EVGA has me a bit ticked, there is not much I can do obviously because they basically told me to eat it, but I think its messed up that we are forced to adhere to the specs of an EVGA board just to be left in the back ground and having machines that do NO operate at the levels that INTEL says our processors should operate at. I have run the BITS program from INTEL and it claims all kinds of errors with our forced bios of Release 82. But how about it EVGA why you all screwing with us?
HalloweenWeed
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/18 19:48:57 (permalink)
Superman I am by no means defending EVGA nor disputing what you said. But when I uploaded my receipt, converted from my Invoice e-mail, it said it was successfully updated, then an hour later it said it wasn't. So I did it again, same thing happened. I had to use the other format, jpg I think. I believe I was using pdf, and it was converting to a multi-page document, and I think their system was rejecting it for that reason - seems like a programming bug to me. FYI.
post edited by HalloweenWeed - 2011/08/18 20:16:31

thecarlessdriven
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/18 19:57:11 (permalink)
Are the BIOS up to date on the first page here?

HalloweenWeed
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/18 20:15:40 (permalink)
Yes, this is the latest EVGA X58 BIOS to-date, 82.

thecarlessdriven
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/18 20:18:28 (permalink)
Thank you!

le charentais
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/21 00:19:24 (permalink)
Hello . I am looking for the bios of a 741-bl-e761. I can not find it on the site download site evga?
cateno
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 979
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/21 11:36:52 (permalink)
hi
the bios for  E761 is the same E760
the  E761 is X58 classified wirh  ecp panel the E760 no
the E769 si the same just waterblock coverage the motherboard

Z690 classified start build

X299 DARK  7900X 7740x soon 7980X
X299 APEX
X299 rampage Extreme

E762 W3520@4.2  E679 2600k
E760 X980 
E761 I920
E770 I950
and SR2's  and SRX's
Z87 classified , MVIE built with 4770K
Z97 classified , ftw Z97 ,  MFVII  only wait for gigabyte LN2 
X99 series.... classified , FTW , RE5 , oc formula, profesional , X11 , soc force , msi gaming9ack

X79 classified, dark and RIVE, RIVBE,, xtreme11
and many classified a panel from EVGA  no just one sample

and other  DFI giga etc  

janz84
  • Total Posts : 5
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/22 08:53:13 (permalink)
Dummy overclock is unstable on this release. Downgraded back to SZ2Z and was able to get it back to normal.

BIOS: SZ2Z | Board: 132-BL-E758-TR | OS: Windows 7 x64 | Case: Antec 1200 | Power: SeaSonic X850 | Processor: i7 920 @ 3.2 ghz Memory: 12GB G-Skill @1.6ghz | Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB | PhysX: 8800GTX 768MB | Sound: Creative X-FI Titanium HD   HDD: Intel X25M 80GB (OS) WD 1TB (Data) | Display: Vizio 47" XVT473SV

ragingcain
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 207
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/23 19:26:41 (permalink)
Is there any reason why on 78/79/82 (not sure about 81?) why Turbo Mode, under CPU Features would be locked to Enabled.

Example:
http://img708.imageshack..../20110822205958562.jpg

Even with Bclk specified and not Auto, Turbo Performance is disabled, and all other settings are manually tuned as well.

E770 Classified 3 + i7 980x

My development website: BYTE Me Dev

[i7 4970K @ 4.7GHz]
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 1866 MHz]
[EVGA Geforce GTX 780 TI SuperClock SLI]
[Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark S]
[Crucial MX100 256GB]
[4x 1TB Seagate 7200.13 RAID-0]
[2x 1.5TB Seagate 5400 JBOD]
wanderlai
  • Total Posts : 32
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/23 22:37:17 (permalink)
This may be dumb but I've never updated the bios for my 759 Classified since I've had it. Should I? I'm a novice at this stuff but I just bought 2-580's and I know I need to OC my 920 DO to prevent a huge bottleneck. Safe suggestions?

EVGA 759 Classified, i7 920 DO, MSI 580 Lightning's SLI, Corsair 1000 HX, Megahalem w/ push/pull Kaze Jyuni fans and Shin Etsu tim, Antec 1200, Scyth fan controller, 3x WD 1TB HDD Caviar Blacks in Raid 5, Creative Titanium Fatality XFi, Logitech G15 and MX Revolution mouse, G.Skill 6gb DDR3, Sony dvd, W7 OS.
dejanh
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1553
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/24 10:19:38 (permalink)
Well, in preparation for the arrival of AMD Bulldozer/Intel LGA2011 systems I have finally parted with my E759 board   It's been a great ride for the last 3 years but for the next few months I'll be busy with (hopefully) some sub-zero benching on the GA-X58A-OC and look forward to what EVGA will have to offer for the upcoming Intel flavor...I sure hope that there will be some exquisite offerings.  By the way, why does EVGA not offer anything for AMD flavor?
loveha
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10497
  • Ribbons : 65
Re:EVGA X58 Motherboards - BIOS 82 Released 2011/08/24 10:33:24 (permalink)
dejanh

Well, in preparation for the arrival of AMD Bulldozer/Intel LGA2011 systems I have finally parted with my E759 board   It's been a great ride for the last 3 years but for the next few months I'll be busy with (hopefully) some sub-zero benching on the GA-X58A-OC and look forward to what EVGA will have to offer for the upcoming Intel flavor...I sure hope that there will be some exquisite offerings.  By the way, why does EVGA not offer anything for AMD flavor?

From my understanding it is because AMD at this moment does not have anything to compete with against Intel and EVGA only sells what they think will net them the most profit. Most people who are here on these forums want the best. Right now AMD is not the best. Or something to that effect. Maybe if Bulldozer is some actual competition for Intel we will see some EVGA AMD boards. Would be nice, but I don't have my hopes up.
They used to, but I believe that is when AMD and Intel were really close to each other in performance.
post edited by loveha - 2011/08/24 10:38:54

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Mobo - EVGA X570 FTW
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM - 32GB Trident Z Royal 3600MHz 14-14-14-34
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
PSU - Seasonic Prime TX-1000
Heatkiller IV CPU Waterblock / Heatkiller V GPU Waterblock
Heatkiller V EBC Active Backplate / Two Heatkiller Rad 360 L
Six Noctua NF-A12x25 / Heatkiller D5 Pump
Page: << < ..111213 > Showing page 12 of 13
Jump to: