EVGA

EVGA Rebates and Warranty (Newegg vs EVGA)

Author
snmavronis
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 130
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2016/02/14 06:26:38 (permalink)
Hi I'm in the process of buying parts for a somewhat high end mITX build. Among the parts that have already been shipped to me are the following:

EVGA Supernova 650 G2 Power Supply
EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified Gaming ACX 2.0+

They are both still in their shrink wrapped boxes as shipped from Newegg waiting until I get the my remaining build parts in the coming week. Each of these have a $20 mail-in rebate that I have to send in separately with UPC codes, etc. If I mail them in before testing that everything works, then any warranty issues I deal directly with EVGA right? I wouldn't be able to return them to Newegg for exchange if I cut the UPC codes off the boxes. Or should I wait a week or so to make sure they work (which I'm sure they will) before mailing in the rebate forms? I already started the online process with the PSU and the next step was to mail in the signed form, etc.

2 Replies Related Threads

BrandonS
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 678
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: EVGA Rebates and Warranty (Newegg vs EVGA) 2016/02/14 06:29:08 (permalink)
    As far as I'm aware Newegg will not warranty something that had the UPC cut out, so yes we would be doing the RMA for you. 
    snmavronis
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 130
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: EVGA Rebates and Warranty (Newegg vs EVGA) 2016/02/14 06:34:39 (permalink)
    Thank you, that makes me feel more secure! I'll mail in the rebate forms (separate envelopes?) on Tuesday and register both products.

Like I said, it is my of opinion that EVGA is high quality so I don't expect any issues. My old PC that's being replaced still has an EVGA/Gateway 8800 GTX 768MB that's still running strong for the past 8 1/2 years! :)
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile