Author
Geeengstaaa
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/08/05 21:09:03 (permalink)
Hi All,

Reporting a bug on a version 5.3.11.
When I customize Custom fan curve profile and push OK button at setting window - changes are applied and my GPU fans act according to changes.
Once I close program or reboot Windows - Custom fan curve resetting to it's default setting and I have to customize it once again.

To see the curve after program launch - I push Fun Curve button on main screen of the program or go to FAN settings and clicking Custom profile in drop down selector.

Pls advise,

EVGA GTX 970 FTW
Windows 10 pro x 64

Thanks,

2 Replies Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: EVGA PrecisionX - Custom fan curve profile is not saved at program exit 2016/08/05 22:57:10 (permalink)
    After you create a custom fan speed curve it should always remain, unless you click the predefined "Quiet" or "Aggressive" curves, then you lose your custom curve.

PrecisionX needs to be running for the fan speed curves to work..However, a fixed, manual fan speed will remain active even when PrecisionX is closed.

Fan speed curves (Custom or Predefined) should become active whether PrecisionX starts with OS, or is manually started.

If PrecisionX fan speed curves or settings don't stick or are otherwise problematic, then you should uninstall PrecisionX and delete the PrecisionX 16 folder located in the Program Files (x86)\EVGA folder (which does not get deleted during uninstall, and contains 'old' settings), restart your PC, install PrecisionX and begin again..OR..Close PrecisionX, delete all the .cfg files in the PrecisionX 16\Profiles folder, run PrecisionX, then close PrecisionX whereupon the .cfg files will be rebuilt with the default fan and most other settings, then run PrecisionX and begin again..The first way would be the best.

This is the way it's always worked as I recall, after v4.2.1..Maybe you're just not familiar with how it works, or maybe you do in fact have a problem with it..Just pointing some things out to you.
    post edited by bob16314 - 2016/08/05 23:03:04

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Geeengstaaa
    • Total Posts : 5
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA PrecisionX - Custom fan curve profile is not saved at program exit 2016/10/11 14:53:02 (permalink)
    So with version, that initially were reported, I experienced this problem few times when deleted config, etc.
    around 2-3 days configuration is according to user settings and then resets to default with no reasons.

With recent update that we got for PrecisionX - configuration is stable, didn`t see any resets anymore.

I assume problem is solved with update.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile