EVGA

EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Shelledfade
  • Total Posts : 90
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/03 23:24:53 (permalink)
Just found another bug. When using OBS (open broadcast software) and the Nvidia NVENC setting for video encoding, it resets the memory overclock on the card back to its default clock every single time. The moment I turn OBS off it uses the overclock again. Only does it with Nvidia NVENC, the overclock works with x264 setting.
coolasmoo
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/04 08:14:13 (permalink)
Logitech LCD wont Display on restart of PC even though Precision is working and running in tray.

Have to manually start Precision X and it works fine,
micas
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 103
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/04 12:17:02 (permalink)
I don't see a 5.2.3 bug thread, so I'll just post this here.

sahafiec6. voltage readings don't seem to be accurate
7. OSD will not display in Battlefield 4 and Elder Scrolls Online

#6 is a huge deal, and if the "seem" part is true, it needs to be fixed ASAP.  #7 is an issue with the OSD being buggy with certain games.  It's fine in BF4 for me, and can be enabled by removing it from the precision server list of apps.

I'm using the skyn3t bios on my GPUs, so I won't comment on some of the other issues I've seen with 5.2.3 other than I can't set the max GPU voltage monitor range beyond 2.000. I'm not using a voltage that high, but thought I'd point that out.  I am able to change the max range of other metrics, such as the frame rate though.

And just a bit of commentary;  I've preferred Precision over AB for ages, but the current Precision really does need to get fixed up quickly, with all the bugs ironed out and the features/UI/etc. improved dramatically.  I know if you could snap your fingers to make it happen, you would.  I'm also a dev, and know it takes time to address issues with beta software, especially since you don't want to break anything in the process.  The new Precision should have been labeled as 'beta' and not an official release because expectations are different for released software.  You do yourself no favors by appearing to be shoveling manure in an effort offer Precision as a value-add for Evga GPUs.  The first release debacle should have shown that EVGA needs to get this right, and the state of Precision currently is not helping EVGA's reputation in the enthusiast community.

Sometimes only 1 guy can do the coding work for a project and adding more resources actually slows down development.  I've been there.  I've also worked 10+ hours a day for months at a time to get important projects completed.  Get the hamster on the wheel, and get it done.  There's so much promise in Precision, and if you get it right, you'll get the deserved rewards for it.
ganzosrevenge
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/04 15:16:54 (permalink)
micas
I don't see a 5.2.3 bug thread, so I'll just post this here.

sahafiec6. voltage readings don't seem to be accurate
7. OSD will not display in Battlefield 4 and Elder Scrolls Online

#6 is a huge deal, and if the "seem" part is true, it needs to be fixed ASAP.  #7 is an issue with the OSD being buggy with certain games.  It's fine in BF4 for me, and can be enabled by removing it from the precision server list of apps.

I'm using the skyn3t bios on my GPUs, so I won't comment on some of the other issues I've seen with 5.2.3 other than I can't set the max GPU voltage monitor range beyond 2.000. I'm not using a voltage that high, but thought I'd point that out.  I am able to change the max range of other metrics, such as the frame rate though.

And just a bit of commentary;  I've preferred Precision over AB for ages, but the current Precision really does need to get fixed up quickly, with all the bugs ironed out and the features/UI/etc. improved dramatically.  I know if you could snap your fingers to make it happen, you would.  I'm also a dev, and know it takes time to address issues with beta software, especially since you don't want to break anything in the process.  The new Precision should have been labeled as 'beta' and not an official release because expectations are different for released software.  You do yourself no favors by appearing to be shoveling manure in an effort offer Precision as a value-add for Evga GPUs.  The first release debacle should have shown that EVGA needs to get this right, and the state of Precision currently is not helping EVGA's reputation in the enthusiast community.

Sometimes only 1 guy can do the coding work for a project and adding more resources actually slows down development.  I've been there.  I've also worked 10+ hours a day for months at a time to get important projects completed.  Get the hamster on the wheel, and get it done.  There's so much promise in Precision, and if you get it right, you'll get the deserved rewards for it.

I think this is the best way I've seen it summed up.  I'm not sure if it's because of the whole "rivatuner" issue that PrecisionX has had to be overhauled, but to call it "ready" with a minimum possible amount of bugs is absurd in the state it's in.  One of the reasons I prefer PX over AB is that it's easier to use (at least to me) and understand.  What has bothered me with regards to AB, beyond the "arial black" issue, is that in 5.2.3, the fan curve that I set for my 780 Ti Classy seems to be ignored for "aggressive" as a default.  The curve I use has the same top-end as aggressive, but the fans are 10% higher in rpm speed at lower temps (because fan-noise doesn't annoy me in the least being a native laptop guy, and I like lower temps).  This isn't 5.2.0, which was the first overhaul of PX16, but this is 5.2.3, with 3 patches (after release, not 3 patches to KNOWING beta testers).  Thankfully my GPU doesn't go above 68 Deg C while gaming, and has never gone beyond 71 while benchmarking on the "forced aggressive" profile.

Even though the software is "free for registered EVGA owners", I like to look at PX in much the same way as I look at Corsair-Link software.  It can be used by hardcore tweakers for the ultimate performance pushes / power efficiency monitorings (PX / CL),  but it's also a great product for the average user who wants a rough idea of his / her current performance, and provides an easy-to-grasp (at the surface level) means of pushing his / her card for best gaming / benchmarking result. However, for 780 Ti users, it's really the only option that exists (because MSi Afterburner does not play nicely with 780 Ti's unless the 780 Ti is made by MSi itself; the maker of AB doesn't regard the 780 Ti as a "reference / official" card, and as such it won't play nicely).  For this owner-set, PX remains the best - albeit crippled - choice, and as of right now the only thing it's really useful for is monitoring stock clocks / temps.  I cannot push my voltages / power targets and have them stick when I hit apply - PX has a mind of its own.  This is after reinstalling the stock EVGA BIOS (both normal and LN2) into their respective slots, and then reinstalling the 344.11 driver. 

The GUI is gorgeous, but the gears and switches need a lot of work.  If it means pulling PX off the site for a few weeks, or putting up a disclaimer that the program is in beta, do so.  I'd rather know that i'm in for issues using beta software, than to download something on the premise of it being "gold" and finding out it's only alpha.

DESKTOP: CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 350D | ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE | Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2400 11-13-13-31 RAM | EVGA GTX 1080 CLASSIFIED - 8GB GDDR5X RAM (2,560 Cores / 256-Bit) Driver: 368.81| 256GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Seasonic SS-1050 XP3 | Dell UP2414Q 4K IPS Monitor| Swiftech H220-x Liquid Loop | Win10 Build 14901

LAPTOP: Sager NP8265-S | Intel Core i7-4800mq @ 2.7GHz | 32GB DDR3-1600 11-11-11-28 RAM | nVidia GTX 780m - 4GB GDDR5 RAM (1,536 Cores / 256-bit) Driver: 368.81 | 1TB 850 Pro SSD | BLURAY ROM | 95% Adobe 1080p MATTE SCREEN | Win10PRO x64 Build 14901
JacobKlein
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 131
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/05 04:22:21 (permalink)
coolasmoo
Logitech LCD wont Display on restart of PC even though Precision is working and running in tray.

Have to manually start Precision X and it works fine,

I believe I'm noticing the same issue. Precision X is not auto-starting its display on my Logitech G15 :(
elisest
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/05 09:47:39 (permalink)
5.2.3 issue......My Inno3D 6GB GTX 780 can now overvolt but every time PC is restarted the voltage slider seems to find its own value instead of the 1.212mv from my profile save. The slider voltage is always higher 1.233, 1.243 etc  ??????
dtadrunk
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/05 21:02:35 (permalink)
Having same issue with my Logitech G15 as others are having. I have just a blank lvd where the precision X info should be.
LCRava
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1059
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/09 10:21:59 (permalink)
K-Boost is not working with SLi turned on. If you enable it with SLi turned off, it immediately turns itself off as soon as you turn on SLi.

MY AFFILIATE CODE: X6EXZ64PSH  

"I don't always GAME in 4K, but when I do, I prefer 4 TITANS"

charlescrawley
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/09 11:39:36 (permalink)
dtadrunk
Having same issue with my Logitech G15 as others are having. I have just a blank lvd where the precision X info should be.

Same problem here... It starts the applet, but it's blank. Restarting EVGA PX16 makes no difference.

In earlier versions (not PX16, just PX), the config of the G15 app was obvious in PX. I cannot find it anywhere in the Settings menus, not under OSD or anywhere else.

Where should it be?

Edited to add:

Found it! Need to click on "Graph" at bottom left and then you can add and configure all options that are displayed in the OSD and G15 app. All working fine now. If you're having problems, try it!

Font size is under the OSD Settings in the main menus. Look for "Font size keyboard LCD". Works for me.

post edited by charlescrawley - 2014/10/09 11:45:40
dtadrunk
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/09 13:12:38 (permalink)
charlescrawley
dtadrunk

Same problem here... It starts the applet, but it's blank. Restarting EVGA PX16 makes no difference.

In earlier versions (not PX16, just PX), the config of the G15 app was obvious in PX. I cannot find it anywhere in the Settings menus, not under OSD or anywhere else.

Where should it be?

Edited to add:

Found it! Need to click on "Graph" at bottom left and then you can add and configure all options that are displayed in the OSD and G15 app. All working fine now. If you're having problems, try it!

Font size is under the OSD Settings in the main menus. Look for "Font size keyboard LCD". Works for me.

Perfect your suggestion works. One thing that doesn't seem to work is the Small font option.
newt182
  • Total Posts : 94
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/09 15:12:07 (permalink)
Windows Media Center always crashes while running Precision X.

Dxdiag - http://pastebin.com/dt2Vj1SK

Core i7-6700K. EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC BLACK GAMING 6GB. MSI Z170A GAMING M7. Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB. Corsair Hydro Series H100i. ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus. XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750W. Samsung 850 EVO 250GB.  Corsair Obsidian Series 750D. 
charlescrawley
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/09 15:35:17 (permalink)
dtadrunk
charlescrawley
dtadrunk

Where should it be?

Edited to add:

Perfect your suggestion works. One thing that doesn't seem to work is the Small font option.

Have a look at the attachment. The option is there. Are you not seeing that?

Attached Image(s)

SPOHNMAN
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/09 15:41:26 (permalink)
BobNoxious
WHY are you using us to BETA test your product?    No OSD in battlefield 4 and your software DELETED my Arial Bold Font when I uninstalled.   Seriously?   This crappy release process will seriously factor into my next vidcard buying decision. 

They are using us, because we are the ones using it.  What better way to test things but by using the community?  We can tell them what is wrong and we can ask them what we would like to see.
dtadrunk
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/09 17:07:27 (permalink)
charlescrawley
dtadrunk
charlescrawley
dtadrunk

Where should it be?

Edited to add:

Have a look at the attachment. The option is there. Are you not seeing that?

I have the option and like I said the small font option does not change the font size to small. the only options that work are the Medium and Large options.
playmaker729
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/10/15 09:29:55 (permalink)
I'm having trouble deleting precision.  When I try to uninstall it I get the message saying the feature is on a network that can't uninstall it and prompts me to find another folder??? So now it doesn't work nor can I install a new version again.  Any suggestions??? I'm lost.
furiousone
  • Total Posts : 88
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/11/01 11:33:07 (permalink)
Where do i find older version of precision? Not sure if i wont to stay with x16 with all these issues and regret uninstalling my old version now :(.

Case: COOLER MASTER Storm Scout
CPU: Intel i9 9900k
Heatsink/Fan: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO Black
MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO LGA1151
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB)
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060Ti XC GAMING, 08G-P5-3663-KL
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850G 850W GOLD 
SSD OS: Samsung 840 250GB (OS + Apps)
SSD Games: 1TB + 2TB Samsung 860 EVOs
Monitor: Asus VH238H Black 23" Full HD
playmaker729
Re: EVGA PrecisionX 16 5.2.2 bug report thread... 2014/11/05 10:34:40 (permalink)
     Please help - I went to upgrade to the newer version of Precision and during the install process an error message occurs saying the folder to install it in can't be found or something like that.  I tried to uninstall the older version and the same error message occurs which leaves me now without any working version of Precision.

The error message I get is as follows "feature is on a network that can't uninstall it and prompts me to find another folder"

I'd appreciate any help, thanks!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile