EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA Precision X Custom Skins

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 18 of 26
Author
falconcombo
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/22 09:10:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Sajin 2014/06/27 14:33:23
lovin em custom skins drerex , since i myself have a very strict sense of quality when it comes to custom themes and skins , you deffinitely are the best skin creator for evga precision x out there no doubt about it , keep up the great work , your best skin to date was the alienware skin even thou i hate alienware and dislike any kind of overdone branding/advertising on anything plus it wouldve been nice to have it in red also , but the skin in general is

awesome the rest of your skins not so good from a design perspective , most important thing is take your time on these skins nobodys rushing you , maybe make something less alienware oriented but the design orientation is excellent it has a nice balance of modern design plus minimalistic branding/advertising but as said could be even less without the alienware orientation , also maybe abit more alpha blending on buttons and better glow effects on the buttons, also whats this ive heard about animations , that would be epic if animations would be included
post edited by falconcombo - 2014/06/22 09:22:13
Drerex
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3892
  • Ribbons : 31
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/23 09:00:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Sajin 2014/06/27 14:33:21
Thanks
post edited by Drerex - 2014/06/27 05:11:09

falconcombo
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/27 03:52:28 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Sajin 2014/06/27 14:33:19
ok lets get this started then shall we , ill go through all of them one by one

Airframe>   the entire design just looks too bland and basic

Sabertooth > not much to say bout this one except for it being pretty much generic military lookin, great for the kids and also drerex branding isnt helping ,lols

ROG   >  again too much generic design here aka branding whoring all over the place in your face , sure its ROG , but do it in a subtle way , again layout could be improved, would deffinitely benefit from animations exspecially for the 4 bubbly sidebars and also again alpha shading missing left and right and again colours too bright

Steampunked  >  better , but not the best, theres deffinitely room for improvement  , colours are too bright , alpha shading missing on most of the elements , layout could be better , try not to go generic but unique , thats what steampunk is all about, perhaps even add some animations in

SOCOM>  the worst of all , hell even ROG was better than that , and thats saying alot , bland , bare bones gui design and again missing alpha shading on most elements and again colours are too bright

Alienware > not much to say bout that one except it needs as all of your skins do , more alpha shading on your gui elements, again less in your face branding , less alienware , the design layout is going in the right direction thou and abit less brightness on the colours they pop out too much, this goes as well for the rest, this could use some animations as well

btw dont be offended by my feedback , its exactly that , feedback , suggestions for releasing better skins in the future or even improving on the current ones , you see as ive said ive been around for a long time in the skin/theme customizing community

and used alot of skins/themes from all kinds of designers , hence why ive got the experience to leave you with such feedback , and ive seen my fair share of generic skins/themes with generic branding/advertising right in your face going borderline childish all over the place and frankly am sick of it you see, and unlike others sucking up i state my opinion , back in the days designers used to create unique pieces of art , this is how it should be not this generic trend thats been going on for far too long , hence why i try to do my best to help designers like you get away from that crap , keep up the great work i appreciate it 
post edited by falconcombo - 2014/06/27 04:07:40
Drerex
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/27 05:10:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Sajin 2014/06/27 14:33:17
falconcombo

Sabertooth > not much to say bout this one except for it being pretty much generic military lookin, great for the kids and also drerex branding isnt helping ,lols

ROG   >  again too much generic design here aka branding whoring all over the place in your face , sure its ROG , but do it in a subtle way , again layout could be improved, would deffinitely benefit from animations exspecially for the 4 bubbly sidebars and also again alpha shading missing left and right and again colours too bright 

Steampunked  >  better , but not the best, theres deffinitely room for improvement  , colours are too bright , alpha shading missing on most of the elements , layout could be better , try not to go generic but unique , thats what steampunk is all about, perhaps even add some animations in 

SOCOM>  the worst of all , hell even ROG was better than that , and thats saying alot , bland , bare bones gui design and again missing alpha shading on most elements and again colours are too bright 

Alienware > not much to say bout that one except it needs as all of your skins do , more alpha shading on your gui elements, again less in your face branding , less alienware , the design layout is going in the right direction thou and abit less brightness on the colours they pop out too much, this goes as well for the rest, this could use some animations as well

btw dont be offended by my feedback , its exactly that , feedback , suggestions for releasing better skins in the future or even improving on the current ones , you see as ive said ive been around for a long time in the skin/theme customizing community

and used alot of skins/themes from all kinds of designers , hence why ive got the experience to leave you with such feedback , and ive seen my fair share of generic skins/themes with generic branding/advertising right in your face going borderline childish all over the place and frankly am sick of it you see, and unlike others sucking up i state my opinion , back in the days designers used to create unique pieces of art , this is how it should be not this generic trend thats been going on for far too long , hence why i try to do my best to help designers like you get away from that crap , keep up the great work i appreciate it 

Thanks for the feedback falcon.  Glad that you got that off your chest.

Now I am calling you out!  Lets see what EPIC artwork looks like!
post edited by Drerex - 2014/06/27 06:09:08

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10337
  • Ribbons : 116
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/27 10:59:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby BioHazardSperm 2014/06/27 12:18:13
falconcombo

Hey, great!  I can't wait to see skins from such an expert as yourself...

BioHazardSperm
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 9988
  • Ribbons : 26
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/27 12:24:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Sajin 2014/06/27 14:33:13
bdary
falconcombo

SOCOM>  the worst of all , hell even ROG was better than that , and that's saying alot , bland , bare bones gui design and again missing alpha shading on most elements and again colors are too bright

Alienware > not much to say bout that one except it needs as all of your skins do , more alpha shading on your gui elements, again less in your face branding , less alienware , the design layout is going in the right direction thou and abit less brightness on the colors they pop out too much, this goes as well for the rest, this could use some animations as well

btw don't be offended by my feedback , its exactly that , feedback , suggestions for releasing better skins in the future or even improving on the current ones , you see as ive said ive been around for a long time in the skin/theme customizing community

and used alot of skins/themes from all kinds of designers , hence why ive got the experience to leave you with such feedback , and ive seen my fair share of generic skins/themes with generic branding/advertising right in your face going borderline childish all over the place and frankly am sick of it you see, and unlike others sucking up i state my opinion , back in the days designers used to create unique pieces of art , this is how it should be not this generic trend that's been going on for far too long , hence why i try to do my best to help designers like you get away from that crap , keep up the great work i appreciate it 

Hey, great!  I can't wait to see skins from such an expert as yourself...

I was thinking the same thing..cant wait to see his works,btw try using a basic spell checking program

I am  >>NOT< <   a  EVGA Forums Moderator or a EVGA.com  Employee.
I am only a  "Game Server Admin"
My posts and are my own and not EVGA's.

falconcombo
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/27 14:15:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Sajin 2014/06/27 14:33:10
Drerex

Thanks for the feedback falcon.  Glad that you got that off your chest.

Now I am calling you out!  Lets see what EPIC artwork looks like!

count this is a reply to your pm as well Drerex.

i wish , i dont have the talent , the best i can do is this , all i can do is help with feedback guys , i hope it gets taken into consideration , again this hasnt been meant to be negative at all its more an incentive to improve on your work as youre the only one around here that does quality skins for precision x, i love your work just needs abit more polish , jesus talk about people taking it the wrong way
post edited by falconcombo - 2014/06/27 14:21:05
BioHazardSperm
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 9988
  • Ribbons : 26
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/27 16:56:25 (permalink)
lol no it came across as condescending and completely negative,all you did was take shots at everything he has made with your opinion comparing it to ..well no one ....as no one else makes these as your telling him to do and  TBH any others i have seen since Precision was released are as detailed or as good as his .I read your post and personally was insulted for him ,that's how bad you came across

I am  >>NOT< <   a  EVGA Forums Moderator or a EVGA.com  Employee.
I am only a  "Game Server Admin"
My posts and are my own and not EVGA's.

Drerex
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/27 18:52:50 (permalink)
Thanks Bio! 

Bio is right.  It's one thing to give feedback but it is another thing to dig in.  It felt like you had a personal vendetta against me.  I create these skins on my personal time and love doing them as a hobby.  90 percent of the skins I do are from request.  One day I decided to learn a new program and started learning gimp.  That was only a couple years ago.  By trade, I don't even use photoshop or gimp.  I am not even a graphic designer in my normal day job.  I am a Sr. Systems Design Engineer.  I use software like AutoCAD, Inventor, and Solidworks.  So between work, taking care of my kids, starting a new business, and spending time with my family, I design Precision Skins.  Yeah I add Drerex Design to several of them because that is my signature.  That is just who I am.  I am proud of what I have learn in so little time.  Sorry, but that did get me upset.  I am over it now and will step down from my soapbox.

I need the motivational music going or something.  Haha!!

Dicehunter
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 187
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/27 19:02:29 (permalink)
Still using your skin that you made a few months ago Drerex, Still loving it :)

P.S what happened to your cool sig ???

=STEAM - Dicehunter = ORIGIN - Dicehunter=
bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/28 06:02:27 (permalink)
BioHazardSperm
lol no it came across as condescending and completely negative,all you did was take shots at everything he has made with your opinion comparing it to ..well no one ....as no one else makes these as your telling him to do and  TBH any others i have seen since Precision was released are as detailed or as good as his .I read your post and personally was insulted for him ,that's how bad you came across

+1.  I took it the same way.  Hence my sarcastic reply to that post...

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/28 06:04:10 (permalink)
I've loaded other members skins from time to time, but I keep coming back to Drerex's skins...

Drerex
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/30 06:19:20 (permalink)
Thanks guys.  Got more coming so keep an eye out.

Kedrex
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/06/30 17:44:35 (permalink)
Well, its sad that you cant use all of the precision x skins (by Drerex) all at once.

bdary
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/01 14:52:04 (permalink)
Drerex
Thanks guys.  Got more coming so keep an eye out.

I'll be keeping an eye out bud.  Especially after 5.0 gets released...

Dicehunter
Superclocked Member
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/11 07:10:17 (permalink)
Would it be possible to edit the Hydro Copper skin and somehow remove the lettering i.e "Hydro Copper", "EVGA" and "Precision X" for a clean black and red skin ?

post edited by Dicehunter - 2014/07/11 07:16:44

Drerex
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/11 10:09:03 (permalink)
I should be able to find the original work file.  If so, I will see what I can do.  

Dicehunter
Superclocked Member
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/11 10:26:25 (permalink)
Drerex
I should be able to find the original work file.  If so, I will see what I can do.  

You sir shall receive manly guy love !!!

Which consists of a manly high five !!! ^_^

msc-services
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/14 08:22:52 (permalink)
Drerex
Another skin to add to the mix.  This one is for the Sabertooth owners.  This was requested by billythekid2012.

Damn nice but a broken link to the download ....

Ptiwhisky
  • Total Posts : 52
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/16 12:25:52 (permalink)
Dicehunter
Would it be possible to edit the Hydro Copper skin and somehow remove the lettering i.e "Hydro Copper", "EVGA" and "Precision X" for a clean black and red skin ?

Ye please guys you did an awsome job can you make this skin more flashy red? (just changing the red) For my GTX 780 Hydro Copper!
Thanks a lot you rox!

vsg28
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 611
  • Ribbons : 17
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/16 12:56:15 (permalink)
New PX 15 doesn't support these skins yet :(
Ptiwhisky
  • Total Posts : 52
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/16 13:04:38 (permalink)
vsg28
New PX 15 doesn't support these skins yet :(

I'll stay on 4.2.1 this Is why i ask.

Drerex
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/16 14:17:52 (permalink)
There is a new skin other than the default with the new Precision X.  ;)

jacksonc.702
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/16 18:56:20 (permalink)
Any chance of getting this skin in a 780 Classified with all the green accents in orange? Thanks 

clone
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 426
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/21 13:08:43 (permalink)
sdmf74
Drerex
Yes, I have just tried it and it works.  You will see in the first image that I have Precision X running with no Emulator (Standard).  In the second image, I have the Emulator running showing GPUs 1, 2, 3, & 4.  In the third image, I hit the toggle just below the GPU ID's and now it shows GPUs 5, 6, 7, & 8.  As you can see, not having the emulator running like this before, GPUs 5, 6, 7, & 8 could use a little better alignment.

Is this one posted here for download yet? Sorry if I missed it

Is this one posted here for download yet? Sorry if I missed it

Thanks anyway, found it

Anybody got a link to this skin please.

Asus Rog Maximus XII Formula
10700K @ 4.8ghz 1.20v
16Gb 8Pack 3600hz
EVGA 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra
Watercooled
Phantek Evolv X
MonarchX
  • Total Posts : 56
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/21 19:27:11 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
New skin released "ACX"
http://www.evga.com/precision/#Skins

Is there a different download link for this skin? The provided link takes you to the dreaded Precision X build 15 / 5.0.1 that makes my BF4 run 3x slower.
clone
iCX Member
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/22 02:15:41 (permalink)
Sorted thanks to Drerex :)

10700K @ 4.8ghz 1.20v
16Gb 8Pack 3600hz
Watercooled
Phantek Evolv X
Speedrookie
  • Total Posts : 73
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/07/22 19:46:42 (permalink)
Love the Classified Skin! Goes well with my PC color scheme and goes well with my 780 Classified!

CPU: Intel® Core i7-6700K OC @4.6GHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC
RAM: 16GB G.Skill TridentZ @ 3600MHz CAS 16 
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 240GB
HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200 RPM SSHD
---------------------------------------------------
Headset: Astro A40
Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum RGB 
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red
grid21
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/08/08 08:51:17 (permalink)
I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find the download. When I go to  and click download, it comes up with all this crap about development of the software but NO WHERE does it tell me how to download the skins! Very annoyed and Need help please!
clone
iCX Member
Re:EVGA Precision X Custom Skins 2014/08/10 10:46:41 (permalink)
Drerex could you do a Asus rampage black edition version?

10700K @ 4.8ghz 1.20v
16Gb 8Pack 3600hz
Watercooled
Phantek Evolv X
Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 18 of 26
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile