EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA Precision Reporting a Different Card Model?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
mrkwhlr2
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 584
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Precision Reporting a Different Card Model? 2016/02/16 15:37:02 (permalink)
Once you receive your money, the "right" thing to do is to ship the card back to homie with a little "surprise" attached to it. That way your conscience would be clear....just saying...

Corsair Obsidian 800D |  EVGA Z490 Dark | EVGA 2080 ti  Hydro Copper | i9 10900K w/EK Supreme HF H20 block | 2x500gb Samsung 980 PRO M.2 Gen 4.0 | 2x8gb G.Skill Trident Z Royal DDR4 4000 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 T2  | r.i.p JH......

Arteom
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Precision Reporting a Different Card Model? 2016/02/16 15:50:14 (permalink)
mrkwhlr2
Once you receive your money, the "right" thing to do is to ship the card back to homie with a little "surprise" attached to it. That way your conscience would be clear....just saying...

The issue is I don't have his address, they closed off that information right after the closed the case. I really don't want to contact him for it, but I mean, I could always send him a 970 SSC sticker right? 

I just feel like it was a really selfish move when PayPal said, 'please accept his return and give him a refund' he obviously didn't want too and appealed, he lost even more with that appeal. If he really wants the card back he has my phone, address, email, etc... he can always come pick it up. 
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Precision Reporting a Different Card Model? 2016/02/16 16:50:19 (permalink)
Arteom
mrkwhlr2

The issue is I don't have his address, they closed off that information right after the closed the case. I really don't want to contact him for it, but I mean, I could always send him a 970 SSC sticker right? 

I just feel like it was a really selfish move when PayPal said, 'please accept his return and give him a refund' he obviously didn't want too and appealed, he lost even more with that appeal. If he really wants the card back he has my phone, address, email, etc... he can always come pick it up. 

The seller is a con artist, and all the "positive" ratings are the ones he has given himself. Why do you think he put in his description to "not give any bad ratings, but to contact him directly", but then when you did, he says "nothing I can do"? This is all a setup. It's all after the fact, but I feel everybody learned something here.
I'm sorry for the hard time you had through Ebay. I understand you were trying to save, but sometimes paying a little extra for "the real deal" from a retail (e.g. Amazon, Best Buy, New Egg) is well worth it, and you know you're buying a new card, from a "legit" seller, so it should work right off the bat.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/02/16 17:09:18

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile