EVGA

Helpful ReplyEVGA PRO SLI Bridge HB 2016 - Design - Opinion [CLOSED]

Author
Ytech
  • Total Posts : 40
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/07/12 13:15:28 (permalink)
** Moved the comment from the main thread for better opinion on the aesthetic aspect of the SLI Bridge.
In response to : http://forums.evga.com/EV...RIDGE-HB-m2500811.aspx

These bridge looks about double the size as the previous version bridge.
I find the design bulky and not very sleek. I do plan to purchase 2x GeForce 10 series cards in the near future mainly for a better VR experience. For that, the SLI Bridge is recommended.

I wanted to know from the aesthetic stand point if EVGA will re-design them?

Comparing to the previous design which reminded me of the DeLorean DMC-12, this new bridge design didn't do too well with it's first impression. It may seem very absurd to many, but looking at the shape and accent design, the new bridge appears like an object you would slap on for absorption purposes. In other words, I can't help myself of seeing them as feminine hygiene products like the Always Maxi Pads.

Maybe it doesn't look that bad up close in person, but can't say otherwise as none of the local stores carry this product. And all the videos and images I've seen didn't make it look any better.

I am not trying to insult anyone. I do like it when EVGA aesthetically redesign their products. They can turn out very nice, even if some people doesn't like gold accent.

I was hoping that EVGA would make their new SLI bridge look more cyberpunk, since it's a theme to appear in 2017. As a suggestion, something with clear view of the circuit board with pulsating tubes when data passes through could look great.

EDIT: Was hoping for detailed explanation behind the EVGA design of their new SLI Bridge. Sometimes, when it has a background story the perception of beauty arise. Seems this aesthetically design isn't for me.

Reference:
http://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=14&family=SLI+Bridge&chipset=HB+Bridge
http://www.evga.com/artic...vga-pro-sli-bridge-hb/
post edited by Ytech - 2019/09/09 12:34:55
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA PRO SLI Bridge HB - Design - Opinion 2016/07/12 15:07:38 (permalink)
Where do you get that it was double to size of the previous version? The v2 pro sli bridge is the exact same size.

I think, and could be mistaken, that you are attempting to compare a single sli finger bridge to a dual sli finger. This isn't possible, as the HB bridge is utilizing both fingers simultaneously. This would definitely make it twice as wide, but it would be very difficult to make it thinner while connecting to both sli fingers and maintaining the traces needed to run both fingers.
Ytech
Re: EVGA PRO SLI Bridge HB - Design - Opinion 2016/07/13 05:51:10 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Where do you get that it was double to size of the previous version? The v2 pro sli bridge is the exact same size.

I think, and could be mistaken, that you are attempting to compare a single sli finger bridge to a dual sli finger. This isn't possible, as the HB bridge is utilizing both fingers simultaneously. This would definitely make it twice as wide, but it would be very difficult to make it thinner while connecting to both sli fingers and maintaining the traces needed to run both fingers.

You may be right. Perhaps I'm used to seeing the plain flexible single SLI bridge. Comparing to the 4-way SLI Bridge for the 700 series (DeLorean), it does seem much larger. It could be the aesthetic design itself that makes it look that way.

I understand the need for the width, but it's the aesthetic design itself that I'm questioning. Even if they would design it in a C-shape, it might look odd (even if the nVidia model has this look) and would be larger in depth. Then I suppose that would create spacing issues in a PC case.

GamerTag: CrossNeon
Twitch: twitch.tv/phoproject
BuildSpecs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?buildid=34835

Internet Connection: 1.32Mbps/0.59Mbps 104ms

Namespro.ca - goo.gl/9eoyWw - Canadian owned domain service provider. CIRA certified registrar.
GTribe - PC Giveaway - goo.gl/LZPGRh : Preregister to be entered as they are announced. Many drawn this year. See you there!

boc3phus
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA PRO SLI Bridge HB - Design - Opinion 2016/07/15 07:03:31 (permalink)
They are bigger as they are not compatible with the EK water bridges. At least for EK's 1080 water bridges you are stuck using possibly the existing or LED bridges. Bummer.
RandyRick
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 446
Re: EVGA PRO SLI Bridge HB - Design - Opinion 2016/07/15 07:18:04 (permalink)
boc3phus
They are bigger as they are not compatible with the EK water bridges. At least for EK's 1080 water bridges you are stuck using possibly the existing or LED bridges. Bummer.

This is not correct. The Nvidia HB bridges are incompatible. NOT the EVGA HB bridges
DarthYodi
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 152
Re: EVGA PRO SLI Bridge HB - Design - Opinion 2016/07/15 07:24:47 (permalink)
RandyRick
boc3phus

This is not correct. The Nvidia HB bridges are incompatible. NOT the EVGA HB bridges

Yeah I wish this was known when they were released...skipped out on them when they were in stock because I thought they were not compatible. :(
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA PRO SLI Bridge HB - Design - Opinion 2016/07/15 08:40:27 (permalink)
boc3phus

The EVGA Bridge is 100% compatible with EK blocks. I am using one right now on my 980ti's, and will post pictures if needed. The Nvidia bridge with the sweeping design is not compatible.
Ytech
Re: EVGA PRO SLI Bridge HB - Design - Opinion 2016/07/15 10:51:32 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
boc3phus

The EVGA Bridge is 100% compatible with EK blocks. I am using one right now on my 980ti's, and will post pictures if needed. The Nvidia bridge with the sweeping design is not compatible.

Isn't boc3phus referring to the HB Bridge for the 10 series? Isn't it different than the bridge for the 9 series?

GamerTag: CrossNeon
Twitch: twitch.tv/phoproject
BuildSpecs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?buildid=34835

Internet Connection: 1.32Mbps/0.59Mbps 104ms

Namespro.ca - goo.gl/9eoyWw - Canadian owned domain service provider. CIRA certified registrar.
GTribe - PC Giveaway - goo.gl/LZPGRh : Preregister to be entered as they are announced. Many drawn this year. See you there!

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA PRO SLI Bridge HB - Design - Opinion 2016/07/15 11:07:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Ytech 2017/01/11 09:07:57
Ytech
Scarlet-Tech
boc3phus

Isn't boc3phus referring to the HB Bridge for the 10 series? Isn't it different than the bridge for the 9 series?

No. Nothing changed from the size of the evga bridges, ever, except they went from 1 finger to two. The overall width never once changed. People are assuming because Nvidia did this:

Original Nvidia led bridge:

New, obnoxiously sized bridge:

:that the evga bridge somehow changed. It did not.

Pro sli bridge 1:

Pro Sli bridge v2:

Pro Sli HB Bridge:

The only change in all of the size was the giant sweeping arrows from the Nvidia bridge. The Nvidia bridge is not compatible with ekwb.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile