EVGA

EVGA India Warranty - Queries

Author
PrinceJR
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/09/07 10:57:43 (permalink)
Hi!  I'm Prince from India wishing to buy EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC version through  Amazon (Indian Amazon with .in) that's listed here,

goo.gl/E9AeV9

Regarding that I wrote to the seller ("PcBucket") asking about the EVGA warranty claim procedures because India doesn't have any service centres. 

He replied that EVGA has been setting up of service centres for the past two years and that they've already set up around 15 service centres in India. I just want to know if that's true because I tried Googling about this and nothing related I found. I'm including a screenshot that includes my question and PcBucket's reply mail here as well.

Looking to hear from you! 

Thank you!
post edited by PrinceJR - 2016/09/07 11:02:38

Attached Image(s)

3 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2033
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA India Warranty - Queries 2016/09/07 11:45:53 (permalink)
    Hi PrinceJR,

Welcome to the Forums!

I can confirm that we do not have any local service centers in India at this time.  If warranty is needed then it is recommended to go through the place of purchase, if purchased locally, or to work with our Taiwan office for assistance with warranty.

supportTW@evga.com

PrinceJR
    Hi!  I'm Prince from India wishing to buy EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC version through  Amazon (Indian Amazon with .in) that's listed here,

goo.gl/E9AeV9

Regarding that I wrote to the seller ("PcBucket") asking about the EVGA warranty claim procedures because India doesn't have any service centres. 

He replied that EVGA has been setting up of service centres for the past two years and that they've already set up around 15 service centres in India. I just want to know if that's true because I tried Googling about this and nothing related I found. I'm including a screenshot that includes my question and PcBucket's reply mail here as well.

Looking to hear from you! 

Thank you!

PrinceJR
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EVGA India Warranty - Queries 2016/09/07 18:36:12 (permalink)
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    Hi PrinceJR,

Welcome to the Forums!

I can confirm that we do not have any local service centers in India at this time.  If warranty is needed then it is recommended to go through the place of purchase, if purchased locally, or to work with our Taiwan office for assistance with warranty.

Darn! So the seller has lied to me about that EVGA has service centres in India! This is bad.

I'm confused now. Should I go ahead and purchase it or no? I'm highly interested in EVGA GTX 1060 SC version though and this is the only place where I see the product being sold in India. 
    Griefmaker
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: EVGA India Warranty - Queries 2016/09/28 02:09:58 (permalink)
    I purchased my 1060 new from Amazon USA and I Am from New Zealand after only 3 days I had to RMA it back to Taiwan. It cost me $54nz to send it back track&trace but hopefully when I get notification of their receiving it (they have had it for 60 hours so far) and get it back it will still work out cheaper than if I had purchased it locally.

So to the op just add what it would take to ship it to Taiwan from India if something goes wrong then only you can decide if it worth the price.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile