EVGA

EVGA Hybrid cooler for GTX 1080 - A second problem!

Author
nalfylatino87
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/09/26 09:37:03 (permalink)
I didn't know where to post about an issue I am having with my GTX 1080. I bought one of the EVGA Hybrid Coolers for the GTX 1080 and have been pretty happy since the temps are quite low. 

The problem I am having is that I am experiencing strange fan fluctuations, as the gpu fan itself (not the fans on the rad) seems to rev up to 100% every time I set my resolution to 4K and play something which is a bit demanding. This happened with the FIFA 17 demo, and Elite Dangerous. The gpu itself stays at about 40c and suddenly the fan might rev up to two times quite loud and then it disappears. I don't know if I should be concerned about this, and whether I should take this up to EVGA. I am using a Palit card, with the EVGA Hybrid kit/gpu fan installed so this may not be playing nicely. 

One of the things I noticed is fluctuating fan rpm's on MSI afterburner. The readings are all over the place.

I just want someone to point  me in the right direction as I have already had to send a kit back due to excessive pump noise and bad temps. I do not want to keep sending stuff back!

1 Reply Related Threads

AHowes
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6681
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: EVGA Hybrid cooler for GTX 1080 - A second problem! 2016/09/26 10:10:43 (permalink)
    No idea.. though when I use evga's precision X software to monitor and overclock my 1080s I have it set to start up with Windows 10 and it never does. So I have to manually start the program after boot up and when it loads the fans take off hard for 2 secs and then the go back down to normal. This is with the fans normally at a dead stop as well.

So maybe it's something with the Nvidia drivers causing the fans to spike like that as I have never noticed it with older drivers though I've changed cards a lot and gone back and forth from custom to fe cards and back.

Also I normally use the slave bios which sets the fans to always on I step of off till it hits a certain load. So maybe it's something with the software conflicting with the custom fan curve I'm using.. who knows. I wasn't too concerned cause it only happends when I first launch the software and I'm going custom water cooling for them today anyways.

Also have you just set the fan to a custom curve or just set it to like 75 or whatever % and it holds that? Cause if it moves up and down from that then forsure there's an issue.

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
    Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
    G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
    EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
    34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
    Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile