EVGA

Nvidia Free Gears Of War 4 scam

Author
brejwox
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/10/23 01:41:29 (permalink)
All of these online stores are promoting a free game with the purchase of the higher end EVGA cards till Oct 30th but EVGA changed the rules to only from being purchased from their own website. But yet on a dozen diffrent stores it says the opposite.
post edited by brejwox - 2016/10/23 14:13:04

9 Replies Related Threads

ErinW
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1149
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: EVGA Free Gears Of War 4 scam 2016/10/23 01:57:48 (permalink)
    The promotion has stated from the beginning that you must purchase the card from our store (for US and EU regions) to receive the code. For AU/NZ, you can purchase them from the stores listed for that region on the page here, and qualify for the code. 

The promotions advertised by some stores may be inaccurate. For the retailers that are participating, please see the Nvidia site here
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: EVGA Free Gears Of War 4 scam 2016/10/23 11:48:49 (permalink)

Reading comprehension is a lost art form apparently.

You're confusing EVGA's own store front redemption process with that of entirely different companies involved in the promotion which have a separate redemption.

There is no scam.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18915
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: EVGA is awesome, and some people just don't read. 2016/10/23 12:55:04 (permalink)
    brejwox
    All of these online stores are promoting a free game with the purchase of the higher end EVGA cards till Oct 30th but EVGA changed the rules to only from being purchased from their own website. But yet on a dozen diffrent stores it says the opposite.

It is a NVidia promotion, not just EVGA. It covers 1070 and 1080 cards - whether they be branded EVGA, MSI, whatever, as long as it's a NVidia 1070 or 1080 card.

As far as getting the code, if you purchase the card from EVGA store, EVGA issue you a code (while supplies last), if you buy an EVGA card from Newegg, Newegg issue the code. If you buy an MSI card from Newegg, Newegg issue the code, if you buy an EVGA card from BestBuy and your friend buys a MSI card also from BestBuy, BestBuy is responsible for issuing the codes to each of you.

Understand now?

Perhaps you should go back an alter the title of your original post...

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102225
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: EVGA is awesome, and some people just don't read. 2016/10/23 13:15:41 (permalink)
    As an example here on this Australian retail/webstore you see the gears of war 4 banner below the description of the item and when you click the banner you are forwarded to the redeem area of the NVIDIA promotion area of their website.

https://www.pccasegear.co...sc-gaming-acx-3-0-8gb/

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

brejwox
    Re: EVGA is awesome, and some people just don't read. 2016/10/23 14:06:02 (permalink)
    I know there is an Nvidia promotion and an EVGA promotion for the same game. Do you see how people might be confused by that? So unless a code magically shows up in my inbox this week. I have been getting the runaround to talk to get answers from from all three parties who want me to play phone tag with Nvidia, Evga, and site that the card was purchased.
    Thanks for the responses.
    brejwox
    Re: EVGA is awesome, and some people just don't read. 2016/10/23 14:11:04 (permalink)
    It was when I registered my card I realize my grave mistake and should have just ordered it from the Evga site to save myself the hassle
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18915
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: EVGA is awesome, and some people just don't read. 2016/10/23 22:36:24 (permalink)
    brejwox
    I know there is an Nvidia promotion and an EVGA promotion for the same game. Do you see how people might be confused by that? So unless a code magically shows up in my inbox this week. I have been getting the runaround to talk to get answers from from all three parties who want me to play phone tag with Nvidia, Evga, and site that the card was purchased.

Nope. It is solely a NVidia promotion. EVGA cards *are* NVidia cards, with EVGA branding and some with customization, but they are NVidia cards... there are not 2 separate promotions at all. Where did you buy the card? That is who should be issuing the code. End of story.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

NordicJedi
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 12570
    • Ribbons : 77
    Re: EVGA is awesome, and some people just don't read. 2016/10/24 09:25:23 (permalink)
    brejwox

First, when and where did you purchase the card?

I think where you're misunderstanding these promotions is that EVGA here is offering the code as a retailer, not a manufacturer.  Nvidia partners with retailers on providing the codes that are then redeemed on Nvidia's website.  If EVGA did not have a store, then EVGA products would likely apply for the promotion, but you would need to get the codes from another retailer.

On the promotion page, there are several mentions of what to do if you did not purchase the card from EVGA:  http://www.evga.com/articles/01055/gears-of-war-4-bundle/

If the bundle is not showing after successfully registering your EVGA product to your EVGA account, then it is possible that you did not purchase your product from the EVGA online store.

Please contact your participating place of purchase if you did not receive a code upon receiving your product.

Please visit the below links to see a list of other resellers that are participating in this promotion. (Please note that the code should be supplied directly from the reseller upon purchase or shortly thereafter. Please contact the reseller if further support is needed.)

http://redeem.geforce.com

Frequently Asked Questions:

• Q. Where do I get my promotion code, if I did not buy my graphics card from the EVGA.com online store?
    • A. Since this is an NVIDIA sponsored promotion, if you purchased your card from a participating retailer, then they would provide you with a promotion code.

6012mhz on L/N2 
    5321mhz on L/N2
    5091mhz on air
    The Lightsaber
    The Emperor Reborn
    z999z3mystorys
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4480
    • Ribbons : 23
    Re: EVGA is awesome, and some people just don't read. 2016/10/24 17:56:17 (permalink)
    I'll have to poke newegg support about this as they didn't send me a code either. I wonder what went wrong, seems they aren't or weren't giving them out automatically at some point, and now we have to contact customer service to get the code, least from Newegg. Not sure about other (r)etailers.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile