EVGA

EVGA 760, 9 months in and left fan is dying. Can I get an RMA?

Author
Selios
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/03/04 01:28:55 (permalink)
Hi, I bought an EVGA 760 from newegg back in june, it's been working great so far. Well, it was working great. The other day I noticed it was making faint clicking sounds, and when I thought it was just a wire or maybe a loose cord against a fan I checked and made sure there was nothing hitting the fans, and there wasn't. A few hours ago I noticed the sound was getting louder, and when I went to look I noticed that with stock/normal speeds, the leftmost fan is hardly working. It starts for a few seconds, suddenly stops, and tries to start moving again. The other fan is working fine. With 100% fan speed, the left fan is considerably slower than the right fan, which has me... Well, scared. I'm hoping to do an RMA, I bought the card from newegg back last june, but I never registered it (...Or saved the box). It's 9 months in to the cards life, and I worry if I missed the opportunity to register the card for the 3 year warranty or not. I really don't have the budget right now to replace it whole sale out of my own pocket, so... I'm hoping for a good ending here.

5 Replies Related Threads

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: EVGA 760, 9 months in and left fan is dying. Can I get an RMA? 2015/03/04 02:07:01 (permalink)
    Get the purchase receipt from newegg, your email possibly or from your credit card/paypal statement etc.... register the card and you should be able to rma then.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Selios
    Re: EVGA 760, 9 months in and left fan is dying. Can I get an RMA? 2015/03/04 02:08:28 (permalink)
    Thanks, I just recently got off the phone with tech support who basically said the same thing. They also said it could be a motherboard based issue, but this problem has only happened in the last week, I have no clue how it could have been motherboard related.
    zophar
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5183
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: EVGA 760, 9 months in and left fan is dying. Can I get an RMA? 2015/03/04 03:57:45 (permalink)
    The card has a 3 year warranty even if you didnt register it when you bought it. If you register it with proof of purchase than your warranty start date is the date of purchase. If you register it without proof of purchase the warranty start date is the day that evga shipped it to Newegg. So realistically you would probably only loose a month tops of warranty coverage. You will still have to register the card to your account to proceed with an RMA. And it definitely sounds like it's time to do that.

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: EVGA 760, 9 months in and left fan is dying. Can I get an RMA? 2015/03/04 06:10:13 (permalink)
    Selios
    Thanks, I just recently got off the phone with tech support who basically said the same thing. They also said it could be a motherboard based issue, but this problem has only happened in the last week, I have no clue how it could have been motherboard related.

Well,i think what they are alluding to is that it could be a power draw issue with the motherboards slot that the cards in, but imo, I doubt it is or both fans would probably show signs of it. Other than making sure the fan wire is plugged into its little socket all the way on the card or that none of the pins are loose and pushing out the back of the plug when its plugged into its socket, theres not much else you can do to troubleshoot that issue. Either the fans are getting power and working or they are not.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Selios
    Re: EVGA 760, 9 months in and left fan is dying. Can I get an RMA? 2015/03/04 12:43:24 (permalink)
    I've registered the card and am working on a cross shipment RMA as I lack a replacement card until I can get a new card socketed in. I don't know if it's a power drawissue, but the right fan on my 760 is working 100%, it's only the left fan that has any stuttering or slow down whatsoever, the fan also feels a little more loose on the left than the right. The connections to the power on the card are also in securely and I have even tried other cords to plug in and power the card. I have no issue what the problem could be, so i'm hoping the issue is fixed with an RMA.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile