EVGA

Does EVGA do payments over the phone?

Author
pittguy578
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/01/25 16:31:41 (permalink)
Just wondering. They are offering me to do an RMA for my GTX660 for $70. I went out and got a visa gift card for exactly that amount not knowing they take a "dollar" security transaction to verify the card...so by doing that the balance went down to $69 and the payment didn't post. Really ready to cry. Not joking. Been without my card for a month and thought this was going to be the end of the line so I can get back up and running and this happens. The other problem is you can't use a secondary payment method to make up the difference. I can't go out and add the extra money onto the card since you can't refill a Visa gift card and you can't return it. If I had known about the dollar charge I would have put more than $70 on the card. 
post edited by pittguy578 - 2015/01/25 16:34:24

3 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_JaesonW
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 910
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Does EVGA do payments over the phone? 2015/01/26 06:40:44 (permalink)
    I'm sorry for the trouble you've had with submitting your payment. Unfortunately we do not take payments over the phone. As for the $1 charge, it's a temporary authorization charge that on a normal credit or debit card drops off in 24-48 hours. Depending on the gift card used, some also drop off in a day or two, but some can take 30 days or more to drop off. Sometimes you can contact the issuing company and have them clear the pending status. 

EVGA Customer Service Manager
    Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    pittguy578
    • Total Posts : 7
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Does EVGA do payments over the phone? 2015/01/26 07:09:45 (permalink)
    Dear Jason:

Thanks for the quick response. I was able to go out and get a  visa gift card for the right amount this time. I came back and tried it once again. You guys took the $1 charge, but didn't try to take the $70 out for the card at all. I called the visa gift card company. There was no hold on the card and/or not declined. They said you guys only tried to take a $1 and nothing more/

Here is what is showing for the transaction according to the  gift card site. Didn't include any transaction info so no security risk.

01/25/2015 09:04 PM                                EVGA CORPORATION        
        BREA         , CA     Reference:  POSPreAut           $1.00
    post edited by pittguy578 - 2015/01/26 07:15:38
    EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Does EVGA do payments over the phone? 2015/01/26 16:28:23 (permalink)
    Hello Pittguy578,

I can confirm depending on the gift card company you may find unsuccessful results in using one.  Our system verify that the card you are using is checked against your account for fraud prevention and if the information on your account cannot be verified, the transaction will not process.  You are welcome to contact me directly for any further questions regarding this.

Best Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile