EVGA

DisplayPort hub only mirroring displays

Author
west-wot
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/03/10 12:05:28 (permalink)
Hi there, i am using the display port hub from you guys to use dual monitors from one display port on my motherboard, the asus impact board, currently i have set these monitors up connected to the hub using a dvi-d cable with the appropriate active adapter, however i can only seem to mirror the displays, there is not any option in which to extend the displays, which is the reason for purchasing the item, as without this functionality the item is useless to me, what is going wrong and how can i fix it ?

Thanks

EDIT: Forgot to mention i have tried a hdmi to dp adapter and a dvi-d to dp adapter at the same time on each monitor and that also did not work as wanting

2 Replies Related Threads

west-wot
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: DisplayPort hub only mirroring displays 2015/03/11 09:50:33 (permalink)
    Hi there, thanks for the response

the board is an asus impact 6 with a 4790k cpu latest bios etc

the display port being used is the one on the board, no other gfx is present, this is sent to igpu only in the bois and multi monitor mode enabled

i have updated all the drivers, and this happens in both windows and linux, it also mirrors the montiors during start up and during bois changes

Sadly i still can only get the display hub to mirror the displays 
    Diracian
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: DisplayPort hub only mirroring displays 2015/08/04 14:28:02 (permalink)
    Was this resolved?
    I find myself in the same situation, the two monitors only mirror each other.  The two monitors are using an active Displayport to HDMI adapter.  Yet the EVGA displayport hub wants to send the same signal.  The video card is NVIDIA 5000M.  Using another device I was able to extend the two monitors like one big screen, however, I really would like each monitor to be identified as two separate displays.

west-wot
    Hi there, thanks for the response

the board is an asus impact 6 with a 4790k cpu latest bios etc

the display port being used is the one on the board, no other gfx is present, this is sent to igpu only in the bois and multi monitor mode enabled

i have updated all the drivers, and this happens in both windows and linux, it also mirrors the montiors during start up and during bois changes

Sadly i still can only get the display hub to mirror the displays 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile