EVGA

Helpful ReplyDisappointed by EVGA - Step Up problems

Author
wilco3d
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/07/03 01:41:12 (permalink)
I'm raging right now over EVGA - I purchase exclusively EVGA GPU's for years due to the support and customer services, but I can't believe what's happening with my stepup order!

The run down...

June 2nd - Step Up Initiated for my GTX 980 SC AC 2.0 to go to the 980 Ti
June 23rd - Step up gets approved after a long wait (acceptable due to no doubt high demand)
June 23rd - I paid immediately the difference, and they approved very quickly (great)
June 25th - I paid UPS next day delivery of my card to EVGA EU (Germany) from UK, arrives June 26th (Expensive, but I wanted to make sure I was without a card for as little time as possible)
June 29th - EVGA has shipped my Step up card (yay)
June 30th - UPS tracking stops updating (stopped in 3rd Germany location, Herne-Boernig)
July 2nd - Expected delivery date, still no UPS tracking. I call UPS, they said its not been scanned for 2 days, which is highly unlikely it would miss so many scans coming to the UK, and probably lost. They said EVGA would need to initiate an investigation, and I can't. I call EVGA, they tell me it 'could' still come today, so ring back tomorrow. I also submitted a support ticket.
July 3rd - I'm now told I have to wait a week 'before' they will investigate, due to a Germany postal strike (thats been going on for weeks, and didn't delay my delivery to them!) Pretty sure UPS wouldn't be effected from a Germany postal strike, even UPS customer services said they wouldn't.

So they've had my money, and had my GPU for over 1 week, now have to wait 1 week for an investigation to 'start', that will no doubt take 1 week to complete, then they'll post another one which is no doubt another slow 4 day odd delivery...  Looks like I'm going to be without a card for a month!

How is this acceptable? I appreciate UPS has messed up, not EVGA - it's not their fault and delays of course can occur - but I'm still their customer, and it's still their responsibility I receive the stepup card - and would expect them to deal with it in a timely manner.

I would really appreciate it if EVGA could actually look into it so it can be sorted without all of the delays... The card has been a serious investment, which cost a lot of cash.

Anyone else in the same situation to at least confirm a postal strike has infact impacted all step-up's from EVGA EU and with UPS?

Thanks,

Joe

Severnaja
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Disappointed by EVGA - Step Up problems 2015/07/03 02:41:09 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby wilco3d 2015/07/03 02:51:50
Even with the strike in place (which i highly doubt will affect other companies too much) your packet shouldn't get lost completely, the Deutsche Post has several workers that have civil officer status and thus are not allowed to strike, plus they hired a lot of stand ins. The maximum added waiting time I had so far were like 2 days with most of my packages arriving as normal.
wilco3d
Re: Disappointed by EVGA - Step Up problems 2015/07/03 02:51:46 (permalink)
Thanks Severnaja, I thought as much. UPS tracked it from Wolfratshausen, to Garching then to Herne-Boernig then just stopped.
wilco3d
Re: Disappointed by EVGA - Step Up problems 2015/07/03 05:15:20 (permalink)
One of the EVGA staff have got back again today, to say it's due to the Eurostar strike and delays with shipments according to UPS when they called. I guess I just have to wait it out a few days to see if anything happens. As long as I know EVGA are on top of it, I'm feeling a little better about the situation - and the Eurostar strike sounds more plausible then the Germany postal strike! Frustrating, but not much anyone can do... :(
clone
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 426
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Disappointed by EVGA - Step Up problems 2015/07/04 08:27:39 (permalink)
My card got through ok last week from EVGA EU.

Asus Rog Maximus XII Formula
10700K @ 4.8ghz 1.20v
16Gb 8Pack 3600hz
EVGA 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra
Watercooled
Phantek Evolv X
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile