EVGA

DVI TO DISPLAY PORT ISSUES

Author
DonaldTheGiver
  • Total Posts : 49
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/01/04 19:32:05 (permalink)
So, I just got some new monitors, they don't have dvi on them, but have vga - hdmi - and display port, the issue I am having is I can go from the display port out on the cards "gtx 680 classifieds" to dvi without an issue, but it does not work the other way around, meaning I cant go from dvi to display port, I have the adapters to accomplish setting all of the monitors up and wanted to run them all display port, is there a special cable that allows you to output from dvi to display port? 

just to clarify, I can use the display port to dvi adapter I have to go from display port out on the video cards to dvi input on my old monitors without an issue, however I cannot reverse those same cables and go from dvi out on the cards to display port in on the monitors, no signal..

EDIT - PS I have 2 new gtx 980 classifeds waiting to install, is this going to be an issue on those cards as well? money isnt a problem so if there is something special I need to order I can get it.
post edited by DonaldTheGiver - 2015/01/04 19:35:22

1 Reply Related Threads

john_stuart
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: DVI TO DISPLAY PORT ISSUES 2015/01/26 09:38:05 (permalink)
    Is there some reason you are not using GTX 680/980 Display Port out > Monitor/s Display Port input? There is no reason to adapt DVI <> Display Port. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile