LockedCurrent Promotions

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 15
Author
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/10 23:25:47 (permalink)
crumblix
Yep Contol F5 worked for me ... at least in the sense I can see the winners!

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Grundelwolf
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/11 14:38:27 (permalink)
I've emailed the EVGA email posted in the article regarding whom to contact if I've won, but they have not gotten back to me since I sent the first one on Saturday. Who should I contact regarding the event? Thanks!
crumblix
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/11 16:36:22 (permalink)
Grundelwolf
I've emailed the EVGA email posted in the article regarding whom to contact if I've won, but they have not gotten back to me since I sent the first one on Saturday. Who should I contact regarding the event? Thanks!

First of all gratz :) :) :)

From the terms and conditions:
"All winners must email iwon@evga.com within Fourteen (14) days of the winner announcement to claim their prize."

Although the page itself says:
"All winners must email  iwon@evga.com by September 15, 2017 to claim their prize. "

Those two sentences are actually incompatible, but I'd be astounded if you didn't have 14 days to email EVGA.  Sounds like you've done it, but for anyone else in a similar boat under the circumstances I'd make sure you do it by the 15th!

It can definitely take a few days for EVGA to get back to you (WORKING DAYS that is!), but once you have emailed don't stress it ... so long as you have done that I'm sure you'll be fine :)

post edited by crumblix - 2017/09/11 16:39:15
omegadoom13
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/12 13:34:07 (permalink)
I sent an email message to iwon@evga.com on Friday and sent a follow-up email yesterday.  I haven't received a reply either.  We can ask Jacob on EVGA's Friday Twitch stream if we don't hear anything.  We should be fine though.  From past experiences, EVGA has an excellent support team!    
EddieH
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 2016
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/12 16:32:38 (permalink)
Hello,  
For winners of the Wanted and High Noon Gaming event.  We will be going through iwon@evga.com emails today and following up with the winners.  Thank you for your patience.  

josemht
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 207
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/14 17:46:24 (permalink)
THIS ONE IS TOTALLY GREAT!!!
FROM EVGA
EVGA's King of the Jungle Instagram Event
Entry link: https://wn.nr/G4cd56

Bundle Prizes
Bundle 1 [1 x EVGA CLC 240 CPU Cooler, 1 x EVGA X99 Classified Motherboard]
Bundle 2 [1 x EVGA CLC 120 CPU Cooler, 1 x EVGA Z270 Stinger Motherboard]

Individual Prizes
1 x EVGA CLC 240 CPU Cooler
1 x EVGA GTX 1050 Gaming Graphics Card
1 x EVGA Supernova 750 G2L Power Supply
1 x EVGA CLC 120 CPU Cooler
josemht
Superclocked Member
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/14 17:48:23 (permalink)
FROM EVGA
EVGA's Hardware Safari Event
Entry link: https://wn.nr/NhUcNV

Bundle Prizes
Bundle 1 [1 x EVGA CLC 240 CPU Cooler, 1 x EVGA X99 Classified Motherboard]
Bundle 2 [1 x EVGA CLC 120 CPU Cooler, 1 x EVGA Z270 Stinger Motherboard]

Individual Prizes
1 x EVGA CLC 240 CPU Cooler
1 x EVGA GTX 1050 Gaming Graphics Card
1 x EVGA Supernova 750 G2L Power Supply
1 x EVGA CLC 120 CPU Cooler
crumblix
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/14 18:18:56 (permalink)
Yes it is great ... and here are the links to the King of the Jungle Instagram Event and Hardware Safari events without the referral link.

www.evga.com/articles/01146/hardware-safari-social-media-event/

www.evga.com/articles/01148/king-of-the-jungle-instagram-event/

post edited by crumblix - 2017/09/15 02:41:53
Rayken
  • Total Posts : 41
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/17 13:07:52 (permalink)
Cool prizes but why there are stil x99 Mainboards as prizes?

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/17 18:42:42 (permalink)
Rayken
Cool prizes but why there are stil x99 Mainboards as prizes?

They are great boards. I have one myself.     :P

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
josemht
Superclocked Member
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/18 17:42:55 (permalink)
FROM EVGA
EVGA Rumble in the Jungle Gaming Event
Entry link: https://www.evga.com/articles/01147/rumble-in-the-jungle-gaming-event/ 

Just too much prizes actually ;)
Rayken
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/21 18:03:24 (permalink)
josemht
Just too much prizes actually ;)

Yes but unfortunately you need luck to win
some of them.

This will be my 3rd round this year trying to win
something.

Its realy amazing how many contests EVGA organized
this year.

Zomgger
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/22 12:54:45 (permalink)
You can check your play time below:

don't work
post edited by Zomgger - 2017/09/22 12:57:00

Rayken
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/22 18:22:17 (permalink)
Worked for me, what game are you playing?

Do you signed up with your ID?
post edited by Rayken - 2017/09/22 18:24:06

demon09
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1334
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/25 19:42:35 (permalink)
Must be some setting I have turned on but I always get limited steam account not allowed even though I am in the evga group on steam and do own quite a few paid games.if anyone knows what setting is messing it up thanks in advance
( oh :x figured it out had my profile on friends only)
post edited by demon09 - 2017/09/25 19:47:08
kainnemesis
  • Total Posts : 42
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/26 04:27:54 (permalink)
AFKing in lobby is against the competition correct? In 20hrs i manage to rack 550k points none stop while others literally just hit 150k which is literally 5hrs of gameplay worth lol. Will scores have any impact in future competition, i feel like it should to counter some ppl from AFKing in lobbies when no current game is active and what not.

https://imgur.com/J5vS7Wx
post edited by kainnemesis - 2017/09/26 04:29:48
kaalrok
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/27 11:17:42 (permalink)
EVGA_RobB
 Events :
September Game Event :  
September Social Media Event :  
September Instagram Event :  

Promotions :
Middle Earth : Shadow of War Bundle :  
Save on EPOWER V with your EVGA Elite Membership :  
Intel Streamer's Bundle w/ laptop purchase:   
FREE EVGA BackPack (w/ laptop purchase) :  

Thanks!
Rayken
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/30 15:17:41 (permalink)
kainnemesis
AFKing in lobby is against the competition correct? In 20hrs i manage to rack 550k points none stop while others literally just hit 150k which is literally 5hrs of gameplay worth lol. Will scores have any impact in future competition, i feel like it should to counter some ppl from AFKing in lobbies when no current game is active and what not.

Well they must be online and doing something else the AFKtimer would pop up and kick them from server.

kainnemesis
Re: Current Promotions 2017/09/30 23:29:25 (permalink)
Rayken
kainnemesis

Well they must be online and doing something else the AFKtimer would pop up and kick them from server.

You can just AFK in lobby or just barely tap the keyboard/mice while in game with others. I actually joined a late game where everyone was saying one dude was a afker and he was. took like 20+ mins til he was gone and guess what... He won a prize last event. So ya, this is why I am bringing this up timer and POINTS need to be counted towards eligibility in events.
crumblix
Re: Current Promotions 2017/10/01 18:59:54 (permalink)
kainnemesis
Rayken
kainnemesis

You can just AFK in lobby or just barely tap the keyboard/mice while in game with others. I actually joined a late game where everyone was saying one dude was a afker and he was. took like 20+ mins til he was gone and guess what... He won a prize last event. So ya, this is why I am bringing this up timer and POINTS need to be counted towards eligibility in events.

1.  I'm not sure how points are calculated and assigned in Killing Floor, but it's at least possible it is dependent on difficulty.  I do know that for the first week Germany and Hong Kong were running on Hard.  This might have been a mistake as Hong Kong changed to suicidal and Germany to Hell on Earth in the second.  But does this effect points?    You are going to penalize people playing on a lower level difficulty?  I suspect with your score you are not only a good player (gratz by the way! :)) but you probably have Level 25 perks and can cope easily with Suicidal, others may not be as experienced or as good.

2. What I like about Killing floor for me is that it is a coop game.  While people may get some kicks out of having the most kills, it's working together as a team that I personally like.  I tend to get very low kill counts as a medic for example ... will that affect my points?  Do we want to encourage people to kill steal not and work as a team?  Again I'm only assuming that's going to affect how points are calculated.

3. What about ping?  My best ping on EVGA servers is 200.  A couple of times it's been suggested I move to a different server but that is my best.  It's a worldwide competition with four servers.  That's absolutely fine and I personally don't mind the ping.  I tend to play damage over time perks like flame or medic for healing ... but will that disadvantage me because you can get better score because of a better ping just because of where you are geographically located?  Is that fair?

4. How about people simply being new to the game or only having low level perks to play and only being able to play Suicidal?  I suspect they will die a lot which I suspect affect their points.  Actually for this reason I think there probably should always be a Hard server personally, but that wasn't the case in the second week.

5. Is it reasonable to wait a few minutes on Suicidal for a group to form ... I think so.  Many a time I've been the first to arrive for the next round an it might take 10-20secs for the rest to arrive.  Might adding scoring to the equation encourage people to start ASAP once they enter and not wait?  It maximises your points/minute while denying others .... yuk ... not my idea of coop or even friendly.

6. (A biggie) How does one score in one game equate to one score in another?  There are numerous games we could have played not just Killing Floor how do you equate them?

All that said adding scoring to the contest would only advantage me ... I am high up the scoring list personally like you ... but somehow it doesn't seem in the spirit of the contest or of the game.

Also looking at the scores I'm not seeing a endemic problem.  Sure maybe a couple of people out of the hundreds that logged in.  Are you sure that adding points into the mix will make it better and not worse?   Bear in mind that if this all gets too complex and people complain and it's hard to fix, one solution for this is for EVGA not run ANY contests or not include Killing Floor.  I'm just guessing, but I suspect they are trying to engage the gaming community not enrage it.   So they might just look at another option ... is that really what you would want?  It's certainly not what I want and that is my biggest concern.

That's just my 2c and while I concur with your distaste for the rorting of the rules I'm not convinced about your solution and in fact suspect what is there currently might still be the simplest and best.  Let's not kill the golden goose!

Thanks again from me anyway EVGA for hosting another fun event, I thoroughly enjoyed it  and good luck to everyone :).  I'm already looking forward to the next one ;)
post edited by crumblix - 2017/10/01 21:55:04
kainnemesis
Re: Current Promotions 2017/10/01 23:01:27 (permalink)
crumblix
kainnemesis
Rayken
kainnemesis

1.  I'm not sure how points are calculated and assigned in Killing Floor, but it's at least possible it is dependent on difficulty.  I do know that for the first week Germany and Hong Kong were running on Hard.  This might have been a mistake as Hong Kong changed to suicidal and Germany to Hell on Earth in the second.  But does this effect points?    You are going to penalize people playing on a lower level difficulty?  I suspect with your score you are not only a good player (gratz by the way! :)) but you probably have Level 25 perks and can cope easily with Suicidal, others may not be as experienced or as good.

2. What I like about Killing floor for me is that it is a coop game.  While people may get some kicks out of having the most kills, it's working together as a team that I personally like.  I tend to get very low kill counts as a medic for example ... will that affect my points?  Do we want to encourage people to kill steal not and work as a team?  Again I'm only assuming that's going to affect how points are calculated.

3. What about ping?  My best ping on EVGA servers is 200.  A couple of times it's been suggested I move to a different server but that is my best.  It's a worldwide competition with four servers.  That's absolutely fine and I personally don't mind the ping.  I tend to play damage over time perks like flame or medic for healing ... but will that disadvantage me because you can get better score because of a better ping just because of where you are geographically located?  Is that fair?

4. How about people simply being new to the game or only having low level perks to play and only being able to play Suicidal?  I suspect they will die a lot which I suspect affect their points.  Actually for this reason I think there probably should always be a Hard server personally, but that wasn't the case in the second week.

5. Is it reasonable to wait a few minutes on Suicidal for a group to form ... I think so.  Many a time I've been the first to arrive for the next round an it might take 10-20secs for the rest to arrive.  Might adding scoring to the equation encourage people to start ASAP once they enter and not wait?  It maximises your points/minute while denying others .... yuk ... not my idea of coop or even friendly.

6. (A biggie) How does one score in one game equate to one score in another?  There are numerous games we could have played not just Killing Floor how do you equate them?

All that said adding scoring to the contest would only advantage me ... I am high up the scoring list personally like you ... but somehow it doesn't seem in the spirit of the contest or of the game.

Also looking at the scores I'm not seeing a endemic problem.  Sure maybe a couple of people out of the hundreds that logged in.  Are you sure that adding points into the mix will make it better and not worse?   Bear in mind that if this all gets too complex and people complain and it's hard to fix, one solution for this is for EVGA not run ANY contests or not include Killing Floor.  I'm just guessing, but I suspect they are trying to engage the gaming community not enrage it.   So they might just look at another option ... is that really what you would want?  It's certainly not what I want and that is my biggest concern.

That's just my 2c and while I concur with your distaste for the rorting of the rules I'm not convinced about your solution and in fact suspect what is there currently might still be the simplest and best.  Let's not kill the golden goose!

Thanks again from me anyway EVGA for hosting another fun event, I thoroughly enjoyed it  and good luck to everyone :).  I'm already looking forward to the next one ;)

So you prefer AFKers to win prizes? AFKing in lobby does not kick up the boot timer. FYI a AFKer won the last prize from High Noon Gaming. You call that fair? Hell, if people catch on that you can just AFK to be eligible for the for Tier 4/5 prize. Guess what, people will call the event RIGED. Say what you will, but not one legit player will do the events. Some of my friends didnt bother to opt in this gaming event b/c that one AFKer won a prize, lo and behold. It might happen again, every game operates different and every game needs plug-in, add ons, mods just to make it work. And It would be nice to have timer + certain amount of points for legit players to be eligible.

1- All games were set to Suicide when the event started.
2- I played all classes in all levels starting from lvl 1 on Suicide and manage to get top score no matter what, even as medic.
3- Ive played on the Server that is across the world from and still manage to rack up #1 spot, also... all scores are now gathered together.
4-New or not, i go w/e class depending who needs help always give cash so they can afford weapons.
5-Last High noon event i always waited b/c it was boring to play solo but que times at max was 15-20mins. longest was 30mins. And deny points, not really but something reasonable needs to placed.
6-Sadly i dont play other games on EVGA servers, so can not find any exploits to call upon to cheese events.

All i know is.... people will see a trend of AFKers cheesing events. Only reason I am speaking up is b/c a AFKer won a top tier prize. Now tell me how is that in the spirit of contest?

Edit.
Also, Im not asking for points to be insanely huge where no one is eligible. Just need a soft-cap to discourage cheeserz b/c apparently there is a second user. Like, I said once some one finds a way to cheese a event, news will spread or the users will create multiple accounts.

post edited by kainnemesis - 2017/10/01 23:18:19
crumblix
Re: Current Promotions 2017/10/01 23:42:58 (permalink)
I have no idea who won that event or how they played ...easy to claim harder to prove.  Not saying it didn't happen but I really have no idea.  True or not it doesn't address any of my concerns.

You are completely wrong about point 1, Hong Kong and Germany were on Hard ... I know because I played on them ... and from within the first hour.  Both SAID Suicidal on the description but both ACTUALLY ran on hard.  This does not help your credibility it must be said.  Also you seem to have failed to address the point of how it should be handled with different difficulties in the same event.

As to point 2 .. congratulations you must be a good player obviously.  I tend to get the lowest kill count as a medic ... again no idea how this would actually affect the score though. Again back to the point, some people can rack up twice as many kills yet everyone is playing.  I don't think they deserve twice as much recognition in a coop game or these competitions.  It's OK for you to disagree, but I'm allowed an opinion too.

Congrats again on point 3 ... but you're arguments are starting to start self serving ... it's all about you.  Back to my point though, basically your position then is that ping is immaterial ... fair enough, but although I personally don't mind the low ping I don't think it helps my game play.

You didn't address death in point 4 at all.  Just that you help out your teammates.  Glad to hear that :).  I'm personally still expecting the Level 1 toon to go down regularly on Suicidal though and the question remains how that affects their score.  If there isn't a Hard server available in the comp (like week 2) should they be penalised?

So on point 5 you admit to waiting for group up to 30mins?  ... and that's OK for you to do but not others?  Wasn't that what you were compaining about?  Again my point I prefer a competition which encourages coop not rewards non team playing.

Again you give no indication about how you would determine points between games ... between say battlefield 2 and killing floor or another source game.  As I mentioned it's the biggie ... it can't just be hand waved away.

I get you are upset and I sympathize ... to a degree.  Unlike you I don't see it as an endemic problem and unless you can address all the problems I mentioned I'm personally still unconvinced.  I was happy to engage in polite discussion and simply share my opinion on it but under the circumstances I've said my piece, I'll bow out here.  I'm certainly not saying my opinion is worth more than yours it's just I think I disagree. 

If someone (you or anyone) has a complete better solution that's great .. happy to hear it.  If you want to replace something you need to replace it with something that is better not worse ... and not just better for some or the elite.

Regardless, congrats on your score and I wish you luck in the draw. :)
kainnemesis
Re: Current Promotions 2017/10/02 00:04:23 (permalink)
crumblix 
You are completely wrong about point 1, Hong Kong and Germany were on Hard ... I know because I played on them ... and from within the first hour.  Both SAID Suicidal on the description but both ACTUALLY ran on hard.  This does not help your credibility it must be said.  Also you seem to have failed to address the point of how it should be handled with different difficulties in the same event.

You didn't address death in point 4 at all.  Just that you help out your teammates.  Glad to hear that :).  I'm personally still expecting the Level 1 toon to go down regularly on Suicidal though and the question remains how that affects their score.  If there isn't a Hard server available in the comp (like week 2) should they be penalised?

So on point 5 you admit to waiting for group up to 30mins?  ... and that's OK for you to do but not others?  Wasn't that what you were compaining about?  Again my point I prefer a competition which encourages coop not rewards non team playing.

If someone (you or anyone) has a complete better solution that's great .. happy to hear it.  If you want to replace something you need to replace it with something that is better not worse ... and not just better for some or the elite.

Well, when the event started I got on all servers and all were set to Suicide. Funny how you wanna mention that you opinion discredits mine but yet I do not see you offering any proof that it was. Second, I joined late games where I stat in spectator mode and missed on a lot of points first half of the total waves. At this point I did not care, If I missed any or not b/c I was putting full effort into the game. Third, that 30min que was the only and last time I ever waited on, as a result I ended up putting additional hours in the +35hr cap b/c I felt like I did try to cheese the event. I put in at least 37-38hrs extra. Final option, like I said, there needs a soft cap that is easy to get but at the same time discourage cheezerz in the event.

Sounds to me that you want these events to be exploited and not improved on b/c I do not see you offering anything at all except non-sense.

Edit.
I have been entering these EVGA contest for years, only thing that I want is stuff to be fair for all. FYI, have not won jack squat at all nor expect it to, just want the best for the community is all.

A Blast from the past. Enjoy.
https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2479410
post edited by kainnemesis - 2017/10/02 00:11:00
crumblix
Re: Current Promotions 2017/10/02 00:24:30 (permalink)
kainnemesis
crumblix 

Well, when the event started I got on all servers and all were set to Suicide. Funny how you wanna mention that you opinion discredits mine but yet I do not see you offering any proof that it was. Second, I joined late games where I stat in spectator mode and missed on a lot of points first half of the total waves. At this point I did not care, If I missed any or not b/c I was putting full effort into the game. Third, that 30min que was the only and last time I ever waited on, as a result I ended up putting additional hours in the +35hr cap b/c I felt like I did try to cheese the event. I put in at least 37-38hrs extra. Final option, like I said, there needs a soft cap that is easy to get but at the same time discourage cheezerz in the event.

Sounds to me that you want these events to be exploited and not improved on b/c I do not see you offering anything at all except non-sense.

Edit.
I have been entering these EVGA contest for years, only thing that I want is stuff to be fair for all. FYI, have not won jack squat at all nor expect it to, just want the best for the community is all.

That's fine.  We have different opinions.  As for the servers the state of the servers, I can personally of course not prove it ... yet still know it to be true myself.  You are correct in that others reading will not be able to distinguish which of us is right unless they themselves played.  Feel free to believe that this discredits my arguments if you wish.

You are also free to believe what you want of me also although I think your assessment is harsh, unfair and not true, but I don't see how I can convince you that I simply have a different opinion.

Also sorry to hear you've had no luck over the years ... perhaps this will be your tournament ... take care and good luck! :)

kainnemesis
Re: Current Promotions 2017/10/02 00:32:19 (permalink)
crumblix
kainnemesis
crumblix 

Edit.

That's fine.  We have different opinions.  As for the servers the state of the servers, I can personally of course not prove it ... yet still know it to be true myself.  You are correct in that others reading will not be able to distinguish which of us is right unless they themselves played.  Feel free to believe that this discredits my arguments if you wish.

You are also free to believe what you want of me also although I think your assessment is harsh, unfair and not true, but I don't see how I can convince you that I simply have a different opinion.

Also sorry to hear you've had no luck over the years ... perhaps this will be your tournament ... take care and good luck! :)

I enter these Tourny's to keep myself busy and to have fun but same time to be fair. If it was not for EVGA gaming events, I would have never caped all perks or collected some nice crafting swag. That right there is the reward for me. All I know is b/c that AFKer won a prize, I will have to more vigilant than ever b4 and have my recording ready now. Good Luck.
crumblix
Re: Current Promotions 2017/10/02 02:00:24 (permalink)
kainnemesis
crumblix
kainnemesis
crumblix 

Edit.

I enter these Tourny's to keep myself busy and to have fun but same time to be fair. If it was not for EVGA gaming events, I would have never caped all perks or collected some nice crafting swag. That right there is the reward for me. All I know is b/c that AFKer won a prize, I will have to more vigilant than ever b4 and have my recording ready now. Good Luck.

I have confirmed with friends and I'll have to apologize for Germany ... I must have been confused when it changed from Suicidal to Hell on Earth and the fact that the previous comp both of those were Hard.  It was just Hong Kong that was running on Hard for the first week this comp.

In truth I don't think it changes anything much really.  But yes Germany was definitely running on Suicidal my apologies!

post edited by crumblix - 2017/10/02 02:03:33
Rayken
Re: Current Promotions 2017/10/04 01:28:49 (permalink)
Hmm... i could remembered that a postin with the winners will be make on October 4, 2017, when i checked it yesterday.
And today it said the date for the announcement is October 6, 2017. Did they changed the date? Or was i just wrong with the date... ?

_Dijital_
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Current Promotions 2017/10/04 02:29:54 (permalink)
I remember 6th of October being there at least couple of days
crumblix
Re: Current Promotions 2017/10/04 04:34:38 (permalink)
Rayken
Hmm... i could remembered that a postin with the winners will be make on October 4, 2017, when i checked it yesterday.
And today it said the date for the announcement is October 6, 2017. Did they changed the date? Or was i just wrong with the date... ?

Pretty sure the results of the last gaming event came out on the Friday (US time), and although I don't remember the actual original posted date of this event, the 6th would make sense.
Rayken
Re: Current Promotions 2017/10/04 11:13:21 (permalink)
AWESOME ANOTHER EVENT FROM EVGA!
EVGA Game Night at the Graveyard
Entry link: https://www.evga.com/arti...rd-social-media-event/

post edited by Rayken - 2017/10/04 15:08:11

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 15
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile