EVGA

Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting)

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11233
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 56
2016/07/01 11:09:28 (permalink)
http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/32308903/deputies-man-opened-fire-wounded-several-at-nightclub

Thoughts?

post edited by nateman_doo - 2016/07/07 04:17:51

40 Replies Related Threads

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/01 11:19:43 (permalink)
    Who would of thought, armed citizen stopping an active shooter.  

nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/01 12:34:15 (permalink)
    what stops a guy with a gun?  ANOTHER guy with a gun.  That is why police carry guns.  Nuff said. 
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/01 12:44:09 (permalink)
    nateman_doo
    what stops a guy with a gun?  ANOTHER guy with a gun.  That is why police carry guns.  Nuff said. 

+1
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/01 12:57:55 (permalink)
    nateman_doo

This....but libs don't use their brains.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Arctucas
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1026
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/01 13:53:42 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    nateman_doo

Liberals have brains?

Could have fooled me.

I wonder if this story will make MSNBC?

MB: eVGA Z170 Classified K
    CPU: i7-6700K
    RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ
    GPU: eVGA GTX970SSC
    HDD: 4xSamsung 830 RAID 0
    PSU: Corsair AX1200
    Cooling: D5, PA140.3, XSPC dual bay res, HK 3.0
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/01 14:04:14 (permalink)
    It's crazy too because typically such areas are off limits from conceal carry but SC recently pass a law enabling it.

Hopefully more states catch on that amend their laws to allow CCW in places where crimes are likely to occur. Notice the guy trying to kill everyone didn't care for gun control laws.

Shockjockey
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4928
    • Ribbons : 18
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/01 14:48:22 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    nateman_doo

Whats up with all the liberal comments? Are you a republican commie? I am a liberal with lots of guns that also carries. People like you make me sick. Should keep snide remarks to yourself.

post edited by Shockjockey - 2016/07/01 15:02:47

Asus Sabertooth x99
    5930k (4.5ghz)
    16gb Corsair DDR4 (3000)
    EVGA 1000w psu
    Zotac 980ti x 2
    Samsung 850 pro 500 SSD
    HPLP3065 30in Monitor 2560x1600
    NordicJedi
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 12570
    • Ribbons : 77
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/01 15:29:13 (permalink)
    Cool it down, guys.  Generalizations about people's beliefs are rarely accurate, and serve only to demean and insult people from a biased perspective.  Let's ease up on that sort of language (preferably edit to remove it) and stay on-topic, unless you'd like the thread closed for making the thread political (no, that's not a suggestion to try to get the thread closed).

6012mhz on L/N2 
    5321mhz on L/N2
    5091mhz on air
    The Lightsaber
    The Emperor Reborn
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/01 15:42:00 (permalink)
    *facepalm* Internet has opinions I guess. Frankly I'd be embarrassed to be called either liberal or conservative at this point in the game. Both sides are divisive and angry at the world. Then again, I also think that is the point, because both sides want to disenfranchise the other and don't really care if the world burns in the process. Consider me disenfranchised long ago from either label. Actions speak louder than labels. I considered concealed carry awhile back, but it just seems to be too much of a PITA to deal with. Besides, I spend most of my free time volunteering with my local Civil Air Patrol squadron and we can't carry in any form while in uniform.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2016/07/01 16:01:35
    Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4524
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/01 17:08:16 (permalink)
    It's always a good thing when lives are saved and injuries are prevented.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/01 19:06:07 (permalink)
    Chaos_21

I am just sad this will not get the coverage of Orlando/Newtown/VT/etc... because it didnt become one of those.  One concealed carry would have made Orlando just a blip on the 3rd page of the paper, instead of national news.

However this is a difference case.  Orlando was going in with the intent to cause mass casualties and was planned.  This was just plain hot-headed violence in a club.  
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/01 20:02:38 (permalink)
    nateman_doo
    Chaos_21

I am just sad this will not get the coverage of Orlando/Newtown/VT/etc... because it didnt become one of those.  One concealed carry would have made Orlando just a blip on the 3rd page of the paper, instead of national news.

However this is a difference case.  Orlando was going in with the intent to cause mass casualties and was planned.  This was just plain hot-headed violence in a club.  

Besides the fact that no other news station is going to show this news because of only various reasons (one reason I believe I don't have to explain why; you all know why.), the good part of this is that they stopped a criminal, nobody got hurt. It shows the true good reasons why there should be "qualified" citizens (fingermen if you will) (I am not talking about the police) have the authority to carry concealed weapons. But alas, those "warm hearted" citizens...
    post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/07/01 20:04:22

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/02 18:01:57 (permalink)
    Since the other thread was locked and I didn't get to respond to this:
    Fattysgonewild
    Simple. I don't know all the hoopla what they want to do etc. I hate guns myself. At the same time. Cant take them away and they are here to stay. I get the whole hobby thing etc. Great. BUT. Civilians should not have access to military grade weapons such as assault rifles. It still don't matter. They can ban all they want. The bad guys will and continue to get them either way. Let the people that have them now keep them I say. Or make the law so hard and miserable. It would completely discourage people from even wanting or trying to get one. Oh hell. America is to messed up now to even be fixed.

Tell me why you think civilians should not have access to military grade weapons such as assault rifles?  Are we talking about the same AR-15?  That is the same as a 22 long rifle.  Pull the trigger, it shoots.  

The above weapon, is the same as the below weapon.  You can do JUST as much damage.  They shoot the same bullet, at the same speed - as fast as you pull the trigger.  Nothing "assault" about it.  It just looks "scary" like the actual M16-M4 Assault rifle which has a burst mode.

But you are correct, ban anything and criminals will not hand them over.  So please lets leave politics out of it, but stick with our personal opinions.  
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/02 22:05:44 (permalink)
    bill1024
    They want to make a law that anyone on a no-fly list, or on a terrorist watch list can not buy guns.
    Thinking about it, that sounds logical.
    But thinking about it longer something else comes to mind. If they are too dangerous to fly, aren't they too dangerous to drive?
    If they are so dangerous, why don't get them all together and send them to Gitmo down in Cuba.
    Send them to Iraq and let ISIL have them.
    Why if they are so dangerous, do we let them run loose around the country free to plan an attack.

You can be put on the no-fly list for ANY reason, including someone just doesn't like your politics and wants to spite you. And once you're on it, no way really to get you off of it. That list has been abused more in the last 8 years than in it's whole existence. There are people on that list that have no legal reason to be on it at all. They might share a name with someone else or they might of pissed off a politician somehow. The level of checks and balances and peer-review on that no-fly list needs fixed before they pass that legislation.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2016/07/02 22:12:50
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/02 23:29:57 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    bill1024
    They want to make a law that anyone on a no-fly list, or on a terrorist watch list can not buy guns.
    But thinking about it longer something else comes to mind. If they are too dangerous to fly, aren't they too dangerous to drive?
    If they are so dangerous, why don't get them all together and send them to Gitmo down in Cuba.
    Why if they are so dangerous, do we let them run loose around the country free to plan an attack.

You can be put on the no-fly list for ANY reason, including someone just doesn't like your politics and wants to spite you. And once you're on it, no way really to get you off of it. That list has been abused more in the last 8 years than in it's whole existence. There are people on that list that have no legal reason to be on it at all. They might share a name with someone else or they might of pissed off a politician somehow. The level of checks and balances and peer-review on that no-fly list needs fixed before they pass that legislation.

+1.... I was going to say something very similar Brad. The way things are going anymore, they want to put people on terrorist lists for having paper money, social media posts or because someone has a grudge and wants to make your life hell. Both lists are a joke and they are run by some very nefarious depts., so at this stage of the game no, these lists should not be used to stop anyone from anything until they get there act together and can properly use it.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/02 23:38:55 (permalink)
    wmmills
    Brad_Hawthorne
    bill1024

+1.... I was going to say something very similar Brad. The way things are going anymore, they want to put people on terrorist lists for having paper money, social media posts or because someone has a grudge and wants to make your life hell. Both lists are a joke and they are run by some very nefarious depts., so at this stage of the game no, these lists should not be used to stop anyone from anything until they get there act together and can properly use it.

On the surface it seems like a very reasonable idea, until you look at how the no-fly list actually works in practice. It's misdirection, say one thing and do another. Most people aren't going to question the mechanics of something like this because it sounds so reasonable. Afterall, aren't people on a no-fly list supposed to be dangerous? The way it's setup, that's not necessarily the case. It can and has been abused. This opens a door for unethical things to be done in the name of national security.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2016/07/02 23:41:08
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/03 23:00:27 (permalink)
    We dont need gun control, we need breed control,

If you cant be a proper parent, keep your junk in your pants for crying out loud.
    BlueHeisenberg
    • Total Posts : 25
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/04 10:03:10 (permalink)
    nateman_doo
    what stops a guy with a gun? 

A lot of things can stop a guy with a gun actually.  RPG, flail, crossbow, spear, C4, mace, grenade, battle axe, armored car, sword, taser, tank, baseball bat.... really anything that can cause harm.  Guns aren't the only thing.
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/04 16:33:54 (permalink)
    BlueHeisenberg
    nateman_doo
    what stops a guy with a gun? 

A lot of things can stop a guy with a gun actually.  RPG, flail, crossbow, spear, C4, mace, grenade, battle axe, armored car, sword, taser, tank, baseball bat.... really anything that can cause harm.  Guns aren't the only thing.

And on the flip-side of that, nothing keeps someone from terrorizing you with about anything too. Most of the gun terror is media driven. If the media gave this much attention to people being attacked by 10 pound chihuahuas, in the next week you'd see ISIS and Al Quaeda attacking airports with terrorist chihuahuas at the TSA line. Terrorists are not imaginative and they feed off of the media. The greatest example is the beheadings and social media videos posted of it. That would of never gained traction if the media didn't eat that up as content for their 24 hour news cycle content. The media empowers terrorism and gives it a voice.

People have gone bats#!t crazy in relation to guns. Take for example all the nonsense over-reaction we have for security at airports now. What we fail to grasp is the intent of all terrorism is to take a concentrated location of people and terrorize them. You could just as soon do that at a Costco. Society misses the whole point. Terrorists are trying to attack our established way of life, while activists and government are attempting to react to that by also attacking our established way of life. Both are attacking society because they do not like some aspect of it. You have to address the ideology that causes these issues or else nothing will change (scratch that word from existence because change does not necessarily imply improvement) come to a productive resolution. 

The disingenuous thing about it all is that the government doesn't really care about gun control. They just want to be seen as doing something -- anything -- in an authoritarian manner to make people think they're addressing the controversy (that they and the media created in the first place). The hatred in people's hearts is the most dangerous terrorist weapon in existence. Making it inconvenient to acquire one of the tools they use to enact their hate on the world does not address the core cancer they are to society.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2016/07/04 18:38:16
    seadoge8
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 210
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/04 17:17:02 (permalink)
    I have CC'd for over 40 years now. The only time I didn't carry was when I was in uniform. We aren't allowed to on base or in uniform unless it is issued. I've been retired since 1995 but I believe it to still be the same. I know a lot of people who carry like myself and we have one thing in common. We never want to use our weapon. We carry for one reason, not to stop a robbery, stop a bully, stop an argument, or feel more in control. We carry for protection when all else fails. If I can talk my way out of trouble great, if I have to give them my wallet, fine. But if I don't draw my weapon will mean some innocent gets hurt or killed I draw and I do what has to be done. Take it from someone who has taken a life, you are never the same no matter how prepared you think you are. I believe the 2nd amendment is very plain, and if you think otherwise try reading the Federalist papers you will understand what our great founders believed and why. I really enjoyed reading all the comments you have posted and think it is very appropriate that we Americans from all sides of the isle can debate issues, any issue, and leave knowing that we are all patriots, just with differing ways to accomplish our shared goals.

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2  
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    16gb G Skills TridentZ neo DDR4 3600
    EVGA RTX 3080ti XC3 Hydro Copper   
    EVGA Supernova 850 T2
    1.5TB WD Black  
    Inland Platinum 2TB M.2 SSD
    Acer XB270HU 2560X1440 144Hz
    CaseLabs Mercury S8 Case
    Water Cooled Single loop
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/05 04:45:25 (permalink)
    Shockjockey
    transdogmifier
    nateman_doo

Whats up with all the liberal comments? Are you a republican commie? I am a liberal with lots of guns that also carries. People like you make me sick. Should keep snide remarks to yourself.

A Republican "Commie"? I think you have your terms mixed...

Edit: I do not like liberals ideology. They don't THINK before they DO.

post edited by transdogmifier - 2016/07/05 04:47:38

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30974
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/06 10:47:16 (permalink)
    nateman_doo

+1
    A shepherd knows, you need to be vigilant to protect the weak from those that are intent on doing harm; like their sheepdog, always watching and wiling to put itself in harms way to protect the flock.

Trained citizens can and do protect others; but, apparently that is not news worthy for some reason. (CC guns used for good by ordinary citizens)

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
    post edited by Cool GTX - 2016/07/06 12:31:20

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/06 10:58:13 (permalink)
    nateman_doo
    Since the other thread was locked and I didn't get to respond to this:
    Fattysgonewild
    Simple. I don't know all the hoopla what they want to do etc. I hate guns myself. At the same time. Cant take them away and they are here to stay. I get the whole hobby thing etc. Great. BUT. Civilians should not have access to military grade weapons such as assault rifles. It still don't matter. They can ban all they want. The bad guys will and continue to get them either way. Let the people that have them now keep them I say. Or make the law so hard and miserable. It would completely discourage people from even wanting or trying to get one. Oh hell. America is to messed up now to even be fixed.

Tell me why you think civilians should not have access to military grade weapons such as assault rifles?  Are we talking about the same AR-15?  That is the same as a 22 long rifle.  Pull the trigger, it shoots.  

The above weapon, is the same as the below weapon.  You can do JUST as much damage.  They shoot the same bullet, at the same speed - as fast as you pull the trigger.  Nothing "assault" about it.  It just looks "scary" like the actual M16-M4 Assault rifle which has a burst mode.

But you are correct, ban anything and criminals will not hand them over.  So please lets leave politics out of it, but stick with our personal opinions.  

+1

"assault rifle" -- at best a marketing term --- at its worst a scary name, for "bad" guns 

If the second amendment does not apply to currently available firearms; then why should the first amendment apply to radio, TV, or internet ?

Remember that the muzzle loaders at the time the amendments were written, was a state of the art military weapon.

Does anyone really think another law will really make them safer?  How many thousands of "gun control" laws are current on the books?
    post edited by Cool GTX - 2016/07/06 10:59:47

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/06 12:47:54 (permalink)
    I think the funny thing ultimately is the average citizen has ZERO idea what gun control laws already exist in their area. They're crying for something they don't know the specifics on and are simply not forming an informed opinion on the matter. Everyone running around like a chicken with their head cut off about guns I'd like to have them sit down and actually read what already exists and then -- after that -- tell me how what is being proposed right now will fix anything currently broken with the system. Unless they can do that and are willing to do that, their opinion is invalid because they've not formed the opinion from due diligence and are merely parroting something fed to them. The worst kind of activist is one that is ill informed and reactionary. They are being played for a fool by people pushing their buttons.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2016/07/06 12:50:49
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/06 12:52:02 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    I think the funny thing ultimately is the average citizen has ZERO idea what gun control laws already exist in their area. They're crying for something they don't know the specifics on and are simply not forming an informed opinion on the matter. Everyone running around like a chicken with their head cut off about guns I'd like to have them sit down and actually read what already exists and then -- after that -- tell me how what is being proposed right now will fix anything currently broken with the system. Unless they can do that and are willing to do that, their opinion is invalid because they've not formed the opinion from due diligence and are merely parroting something fed to them. The worst kind of activist is one that is ill informed and reactionary. They are being played for a fool by people pushing their buttons.

+1K

Very well said

nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/07 04:19:00 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    . The worst kind of activist is one that is ill informed and reactionary. They are being played for a fool by people pushing their buttons.

...and they are breeding...
    Shockjockey
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4928
    • Ribbons : 18
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/08 02:04:21 (permalink)

Asus Sabertooth x99
    5930k (4.5ghz)
    16gb Corsair DDR4 (3000)
    EVGA 1000w psu
    Zotac 980ti x 2
    Samsung 850 pro 500 SSD
    HPLP3065 30in Monitor 2560x1600
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/08 02:13:21 (permalink)
    Shockjockey
    Concealed carry didn't help this guy. http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/falcon-heights-shooting-minnesota/

Any time I've been pulled over I already have my license and insurance in my hand and both hands on the wheel. I donno why anyone else wouldn't do the same. Digging around for stuff in your pockets and around a car is just a dumb idea.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2016/07/08 02:14:36
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Concealed Carry saves the day is SC. (Nightclub shooting) 2016/07/08 15:56:49 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Shockjockey
    Concealed carry didn't help this guy. http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/falcon-heights-shooting-minnesota/

Any time I've been pulled over I already have my license and insurance in my hand and both hands on the wheel. I donno why anyone else wouldn't do the same. Digging around for stuff in your pockets and around a car is just a dumb idea.

+1 agree, documents in hand, hands in full view,

First:
    This appears to be a tragic set of events that unfolded.

Second:
    When an officer has their weapon drawn, you should listen carefully to their commands (they are Not Requests)

Third:
    If in doubt, do not move your hands, keep them in plain view, if officer commands you to move do it in slow motion.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile