EVGA

Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock?

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
CosmicGaming
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/06/20 20:33:30 (permalink)
At this point I just want to get an SC card at least if I can get a FTW. I just bought all my other parts and I would love to at least have purchased my graphics card too. The Mid June deadline was fine but now its pushed back again? I just want some concrete information here. I know its not EVGAs fault for this nonsense. We can all thank our lovely friends at Nvidia for this. But man I am really anxious as I'm sure many people are about even getting a card. I don't expect anything to come of this but some more precise information would be much appreciated.  

61 Replies Related Threads

RandyRick
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 446
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/20 20:45:00 (permalink)
    Newegg had various cards available on again & off again all day for a few minutes at a time. It looks like they are dribbling them out
    CosmicGaming
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/20 20:47:11 (permalink)
    would an auto notify on Newegg actually work? also should I camp Newegg instead of EVGA for it?
    ipkha
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2308
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/20 20:53:36 (permalink)
    There's probably no good solution right now. Everyone's been in and out of stock. I've been checking EVGA, newegg and Amazon. But I'm really after the custom PCB FTW series.

jfolds
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 214
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/20 21:23:26 (permalink)
    No notify will work when the buy bottom is only there for 5mins out if 24hrs and that's just... not even gonna use the words. Buy button should have a minimum time of 24hrs so everyone could place there order.

I don't even care about a classified anymore I just be happy with a ftw model
    iJNCO
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/20 21:24:02 (permalink)
    CosmicGaming
    would an auto notify on Newegg actually work? also should I camp Newegg instead of EVGA for it?

Those notifications are so delayed.  I'd just camp if you want the card that now.  Thats what I did on the day of release.  Painful but whatever.  Been enjoying the cards for weeks now.
    CoD511
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/20 21:30:56 (permalink)
    CosmicGaming
    At this point I just want to get an SC card at least if I can get a FTW. I just bought all my other parts and I would love to at least have purchased my graphics card too. The Mid June deadline was fine but now its pushed back again? I just want some concrete information here. I know its not EVGAs fault for this nonsense. We can all thank our lovely friends at Nvidia for this. But man I am really anxious as I'm sure many people are about even getting a card. I don't expect anything to come of this but some more precise information would be much appreciated.  

And then we all know it's not Nvidia's fault, we can thank TMSC for this & their lack of chips yielded for Nvidia to actually sell to the AIB partners... or is it the couriers making shipments truly late for EVGA and the retailers?  

Obvious sarcasm aside, no singlular entity is able to be blamed for the fact we are exhausting supply of a limited product which is the largest and most complex 16nm chip manufactured in large numbers for consumers. This cycle repeats itself each new node shrink and there's a trick to the technology; they're able to successfully produce more over time while demand also lessens, leading to steady stock levels  Worrying about even being able to get a card is a tad silly for anyone to do; this isn't a limited edition. It will be supplied until the next GTX 1180 or similar comes out in at least a year I'd say if not more. There'll be far more chips as they improve yields long before then, the FTW edition will always be available to purchase until the next generation. Demand will also be far less by this time. Anyone worried has absolutely nothing to worry about. The fact is, information of precision cannot be supplied as to when it'll be available in readily purchasable quantity.

Patience is key as it's all you can really do, wait. All will improve in time. This has happened many times and more than you'd think I'd say, no need to panic... asking someone for information they can't provide due to the chain of production and supply being so large with variable factors, likely just causes stress for some excellent guys at EVGA who no doubt want to sell cards to us immediately if they had them. Coming from a community member associatiated in no way with EVGA, please, try and be patient for their sake 

Intel i7 3930k | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA GTX Titan | Triple 120hz Samsung | 16GB Samsung DDR3 | Samsung 256GB 840 Pro | Corsair AX1200i
    Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4524
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/20 22:07:11 (permalink)
    There seems to be a line a mile long for these cards......I'll just wait my turn for one....it will be worth it.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

CosmicGaming
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/20 22:21:38 (permalink)
    I know I'm just going to have to wait. I'm just very impatient because I want to build my first PC ever and I want to use it before school starts again. Without a GPU I can't really do much in terms of gaming or recording. Preferably if like to get at card before the second week of July if that's even possible. I have the money for one of these cards and I don't want to settle for less. I know it will be worth it in the end but the wait is truly irritating.
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/20 22:30:46 (permalink)
    Hmmm... let me check...

It shows here they'll be in tomorrow. Sound good?

LOL. sorry - I had to.

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    zshadez
    • Total Posts : 29
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/21 01:56:17 (permalink)
    Check the closest Microcenter's website before they open. See when the cards will be there for opening. Drive there and wait in line, get a card.
    DMcEnaney
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/22 07:52:42 (permalink)
    guys,  Newegg has the 1080 Evga FE and Gigabyte FE cards available all the time,  they are just forcing you to buy a bundle with a mouse, or keyboard, power supply or motherboard.
    Just do a search for "GTX 1080" then start scrolling past the Laptops that show up in the search results first then you will find the cards.    Then every couple days they release a couple of cards to sell as stand alone products.     But they do have them in stock every single day.
    the search on mobile devices seems to find the combos much easier though for some reason
    Bobmitch
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8328
    • Ribbons : 47
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/22 08:26:06 (permalink)
    Just a thought...not based on any knowledge.  Has anyone noticed that the FE cards are more readily available than custom?  Seems that Nvidia keeps the supply of FE cards flowing more often...perhaps because they have greater margin of profit than the other cards.  They sell for $79 more than the EVGA ACX 3.0. $50 more than the SC and $20 more than the FTW. If they keep the custom card sales low...they sell more FE models and make more $$$.  I just wonder if they are controlling the stock of the chips for the other cards because of the FE.  Don't get me wrong, the FE is a nice card, BUT...at a premium price that doesn't seem justified.

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i RGB 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  Lian Li Lancool III; EVGA Z15 Keyboard; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

mpoffo
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 625
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/22 08:43:16 (permalink)
    bobmitch
    Just a thought...not based on any knowledge.  Has anyone noticed that the FE cards are more readily available than custom?  Seems that Nvidia keeps the supply of FE cards flowing more often...perhaps because they have greater margin of profit than the other cards.  They sell for $79 more than the EVGA ACX 3.0. $50 more than the SC and $20 more than the FTW. If they keep the custom card sales low...they sell more FE models and make more $$$.  I just wonder if they are controlling the stock of the chips for the other cards because of the FE.  Don't get me wrong, the FE is a nice card, BUT...at a premium price that doesn't seem justified.

That I suppose is a possibility.  It could also mean than more people are holding out for a AIB partner board or don't want to pay more to get the FE edition.

X299 System:
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x (4.4 GHz)| ASUS Rampage VI 
    Extreme | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 
    Corsair 900D | Corsair AX 1200i PSU | Corsair H115i Elite Capellix (in Push/Pull) | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra & 1080 8 GB
    Samsung 870 PRO 2 TB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive 
    Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup | LG Blu-ray burner | Corsair AF 120 and 140 Fans
    Acer x34 Predator (G-Sync) | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster PX2370  

Bobmitch
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8328
    • Ribbons : 47
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/22 08:59:39 (permalink)
    Most partner boards are selling at better prices than the FE.  Why settle for FE unless your case is too small and can't handle exhausting heat?  Nvidia made the FE card sound special, when in reality, it isn't.  It just gives them a larger profit margin.

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i RGB 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  Lian Li Lancool III; EVGA Z15 Keyboard; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

edhawk65
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/22 09:02:35 (permalink)
    zshadez
    Check the closest Microcenter's website before they open. See when the cards will be there for opening. Drive there and wait in line, get a card.

Or do like I did Monday, based on their inventory system local Microcenter showed they had 5 Evga Sc's in stock. got there 30 mins before opening was second in line, and of course, wrong sku number, didn't have any. So either the employees bought them, or they had a system screw-up. Either way, fail and got to drive 90 mins round trip for nothing. 
    thexbitterxendx
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 05:28:09 (permalink)
    lol if you really want to go on amazon, pay the 1.1+k or just wait like a good little boy until they restock

hostage67
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 08:23:56 (permalink)
    edhawk65
    zshadez

Or do like I did Monday, based on their inventory system local Microcenter showed they had 5 Evga Sc's in stock. got there 30 mins before opening was second in line, and of course, wrong sku number, didn't have any. So either the employees bought them, or they had a system screw-up. Either way, fail and got to drive 90 mins round trip for nothing. 

Some people actually work and can't spend all day waiting in line trying to hunt down a card that was "released" over a month ago. Maybe instead of using these BS tactics to self promote their products EVGA could try planning ahead and actually building up some stock before the official release date. It's not like EVGA only found out about the card on May 27th, they've known for months what was coming and could have prepared for it. Its not like this was a surprise. And not only have they totally failed on the preparation front, but they have yet to actually give any sort of real ETA on when we can expect the pre-orders to be fulfilled, much less when they will actually have stock on hand. Tie into that the other shady crap going on like partners getting orders first, and all the scalping going on (though admittedly not directly EVGA's fault), then we see their partners and vendors who are getting priority shipments are purposely pairing those cards with extra add-on's in an attempt to force people to spend more money when they know damn well most people don't want a new PSU or whatever worthless piece of crap they paired with the card.

All sorts of shady stuff going on right now, and EVGA is right in the center of it all. And while not all of it is directly EVGA's fault, it could all have been eliminated by EVGA actually preparing to release a card before the actual release event so they had more than 10 cards in stock. This was clearly a purposeful decision by EVGA, and not something the general public is happy about.
    post edited by hostage67 - 2016/06/27 08:30:15
    drewskidrewsgv
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 132
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 08:28:59 (permalink)
    hostage67
    edhawk65
    zshadez

Some people actually work and can't spend all day waiting in line trying to hunt down a card that was "released" over a month ago. Maybe instead of using these BS tactics to self promote their products EVGA could try planning ahead and actually building up some stock before the official release date. It's not like EVGA only found out about the card on May 27th, they've known for months what was coming and could have prepared for it. Its not like this was a surprise.

Did you ever stop and think...Gee maybe EVGA isn't to blame here Nvidia is?.... You're acting like EVGA is the only company that is sold out of the 10 Series cards. EVERYONE is sold out because Nvidia isn't pushing out that many at a time and all of the companies using those GPU's are getting the blame for it.
    hostage67
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 08:36:32 (permalink)
    drewskidrewsgv
    hostage67
    edhawk65
    zshadez

Some people actually work and can't spend all day waiting in line trying to hunt down a card that was "released" over a month ago. Maybe instead of using these BS tactics to self promote their products EVGA could try planning ahead and actually building up some stock before the official release date. It's not like EVGA only found out about the card on May 27th, they've known for months what was coming and could have prepared for it. Its not like this was a surprise.

Did you ever stop and think...Gee maybe EVGA isn't to blame here Nvidia is?.... You're acting like EVGA is the only company that is sold out of the 10 Series cards. EVERYONE is sold out because Nvidia isn't pushing out that many at a time and all of the companies using those GPU's are getting the blame for it.

Gee that's funny, cause PNY, Zotac, MSI and Gigabyte cards are out pretty regularly now. The only card with basically zero stock is EVGA.

On top of that you think the single largest Nvidia partner for at least the past 10 years, selling probably over 60% of the Nvidia stock doesn't have any pull with Nvidia when it comes to getting stock? EVGA is pretty much synonymous with Nvidia, yet they haven't had but a handful of cards in stock if that. Not to mention if Nvidia were responsible for the delay, don't you think EVGA would be pointing that out to avoid the ire of their consumers who are all a bit frustrated and upset at this point. Many of which have already changed vendors. And don't forget that this isn't just about not having stock. How about the fact that we still don't even have a clue when the stock will be arriving yet. I know damn well that they have shipping dates already, but they refuse to give the information. Its not just the lack of stock, its the total failure to communicate that is driving people mad, and that is absolutely within EVGA's control regardless of what is actually impacting their stock.
    post edited by hostage67 - 2016/06/27 08:40:11
    Jediexpress
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 146
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 08:43:07 (permalink)
    I have yet to get an auto reply from Newegg or EVGA..ever.

Case Labs TH10, Rampage IV Extreme, Core i7 4930k @ 4.6ghz, 16gb Corsair Dominator GT @2133, 2x GTX 780Ti SC 3gb, Sound Blaster Zx, Corsair AX1200, Aquaero 5 Pro

Custom water cooling, dual loop, all acrylic tubing.
    hostage67
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 08:45:36 (permalink)
    Jediexpress
    I have yet to get an auto reply from Newegg or EVGA..ever.

Exactly.

Not only is there a total failure to communicate, but then we see all sorts of shady behaviors by the vendors. We see price gouging going on (ie scalping), then we see vendors bundling the cards in order to make a few extra bucks on it due to its limited availability, etc...
    drewskidrewsgv
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 08:50:26 (permalink)
    hostage67
    drewskidrewsgv
    hostage67
    edhawk65
    zshadez

Gee that's funny, cause PNY, Zotac, MSI and Gigabyte cards are out pretty regularly now. The only card with basically zero stock is EVGA.

On top of that you think the single largest Nvidia partner for at least the past 10 years, selling probably over 60% of the Nvidia stock doesn't have any pull with Nvidia when it comes to getting stock? EVGA is pretty much synonymous with Nvidia, yet they haven't had but a handful of cards in stock if that. Not to mention if Nvidia were responsible for the delay, don't you think EVGA would be pointing that out to avoid the ire of their consumers who are all a bit frustrated and upset at this point. Many of which have already changed vendors. And don't forget that this isn't just about not having stock. How about the fact that we still don't even have a clue when the stock will be arriving yet. I know damn well that they have shipping dates already, but they refuse to give the information. Its not just the lack of stock, its the total failure to communicate that is driving people mad, and that is absolutely within EVGA's control regardless of what is actually impacting their stock.

Oh really?
    https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1080/
    [link=https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070/]https://www.nowinstock.ne...ocards/nvidia/gtx1070/
    [/link]

Oh and EVGA is just going to throw Nvidia under the bus and ruin any kind of "pull" you claim they have. Yeah that would be smart. EVGA doesn't say when they will be in stock because people like you will hold them to it down to the minute they tell you it will come out. You will blast them and whine about how they said this time and day when they released it on "this time and day" instead. Then whine about how it was an "inconvenience" to you and then want a discount or something free.
    post edited by drewskidrewsgv - 2016/06/27 08:55:24
    hostage67
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 08:54:54 (permalink)
    drewskidrewsgv
    hostage67
    drewskidrewsgv
    hostage67
    edhawk65
    zshadez

Oh really?
    [/link]

Yes Really...
    Jun 27 2016 - 11:45 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 11:39 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 10:44 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 10:38 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 4:14 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 4:08 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 1:27 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 1:21 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 11:08 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 10:26 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 5:32 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 5:20 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 3:44 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 3:38 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 3:14 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 2:50 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 2:08 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:38 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:21 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:09 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 12:32 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 12:26 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 11:51 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 11:45 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 8:50 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 7:32 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 7:08 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 6:44 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 6:20 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 6:08 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 5:26 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 5:20 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 4:14 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 3:44 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 3:03 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 2:52 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 2:30 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 2:19 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:57 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:51 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:45 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:39 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 12:33 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 12:27 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 12:07 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 11:56 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 11:07 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 10:56 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 8:14 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 8:00 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 7:48 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:38 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:30 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:26 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:18 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:14 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 5:48 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 5:42 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 5:36 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 5:30 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 4:53 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 4:42 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 4:06 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 4:00 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 3:52 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 3:40 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 1:46 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 7:29 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:59 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:38 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:32 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:00 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 4:42 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 3:35 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 3:29 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 2:26 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 2:20 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 1:44 AM EST 
    I said they regularly get them in stock, not that they currently have stock. EVGA is listed a total of 3 times all of which were the FE cards which aren't even EVGA cards. Look at how many times MSI, ZOTAC, and PNY are listed. And that's just a small snippet from the much larger list, which consistently shows the same thing.
    drewskidrewsgv
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 08:59:07 (permalink)
    hostage67
    drewskidrewsgv
    hostage67
    drewskidrewsgv
    hostage67
    edhawk65
    zshadez

Oh really?
    [/link]

Yes Really...
    Jun 27 2016 - 11:45 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 11:39 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 10:44 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 10:38 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 4:14 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 4:08 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 1:27 AM ESTJun 27 2016 - 1:21 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 11:08 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 10:26 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 5:32 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 5:20 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 3:44 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 3:38 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 3:14 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 2:50 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 2:08 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:38 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:21 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:09 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 12:32 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 12:26 PM ESTJun 26 2016 - 11:51 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 11:45 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 8:50 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 7:32 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 7:08 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 6:44 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 6:20 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 6:08 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 5:26 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 5:20 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 4:14 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 3:44 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 3:03 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 2:52 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 2:30 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 2:19 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:57 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:51 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:45 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 1:39 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 12:33 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 12:27 AM ESTJun 26 2016 - 12:07 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 11:56 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 11:07 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 10:56 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 8:14 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 8:00 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 7:48 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:38 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:30 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:26 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:18 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:14 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 5:48 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 5:42 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 5:36 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 5:30 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 4:53 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 4:42 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 4:06 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 4:00 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 3:52 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 3:40 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 1:46 PM ESTJun 25 2016 - 7:29 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:59 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:38 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:32 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 6:00 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 4:42 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 3:35 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 3:29 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 2:26 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 2:20 AM ESTJun 25 2016 - 1:44 AM EST

I said they regularly get them in stock, not that they currently have stock. EVGA is listed a total of 3 times all of which were the FE cards which aren't even EVGA cards. Look at how many times MSI, ZOTAC, and PNY are listed. And that's just a small snippet from the much larger list, which consistently shows the same thing.

If you have such discord for EVGA so much then why are you bothering with them then? Why are you coming on to EVGA's forums to whine about how you don't have your precious cards like Gollum? Go have fun with MSI, Zotac, and PNY. I'm sure it'll be a pleasant experience.
    hostage67
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 09:01:20 (permalink)
    I certainly wouldn't be the first to change brand loyalty due to this. And I may yet do that if EVGA continues to provide no stock and no information.
    Thegm963
    • Total Posts : 63
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 09:08:37 (permalink)

If you have such discord for EVGA so much then why are you bothering with them then? Why are you coming on to EVGA's forums to whine about how you don't have your precious cards like Gollum? Go have fun with MSI, Zotac, and PNY. I'm sure it'll be a pleasant experience.

To begin with some have already preorders since 27th and some even paid the full amount due to a glitch and second, seeing the situation from a european's standpoint, I m first in line for stock, yet for a month and counting since release, there hasn't been a single board shipping to EU side and I guess to the rest of the non US world(confirmed after a chat with some big german retailers) apart from some pieces for tech reviewers etc. I call that a messy situation no matter...
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 09:13:06 (permalink)
    The problem isn't eVGA. Sorry to burst your bubble..

They'd LOVE to put them out in higher amounts...they don't get what THEY need to do so.

Nvidia, if you want to 'blame' someone, is more at fault.

Personally, I believe yield to be low...so you get what you get right now.

Chill..it'll sort itself out in a month ..or two..*shrug* whining isn't going to change that

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Thegm963
    • Total Posts : 63
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 09:18:25 (permalink)
    Well if chips is the issue regarding the yield, they certainly have more than enough for their rip off edition which seems to be on stock all the time everywhere...
    sethleigh
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 796
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Common guys... How long until the GTX 1080s are back in stock? 2016/06/27 09:19:00 (permalink)
    One thing to keep in mind is that maybe EVGA is simply more popular as a brand than some of these others. When I was hovering over the nowinstock.net site for the 1080, refreshing Newegg, etc. looking for my 1080 I noticed that whenever EVGA went in stock it was gone literally in 1-3 minutes or so every time. When other brands went up it often took longer, and not just for FE cards - some ASUS and Gigabyte and other non-FE cards went up and were in stock for 5 or 10 or 15 minutes at various times. Small sample size, but possibly meaningful.

I really do think this will be the week, though. EVGA already filled all their own FTW pre-orders last week, which means all the stock they receive from now on will be sent out to fill their partner pre-orders, go in stock for retail sale, etc. If the volume of incoming stock trends upwards, and the volume of initial interest remaining unfilled trends downward, eventually those functions intersect and the card transitions from hard to get to easy to get. This isn't a perpetual situation.

Happy EVGA customer.  Affiliate Code: 0Y7-1VU-ATW2

GigaByte X570 Aorus Master, AMD Ryzen 5900x under Optimus Foundation block, 32gb G.Skill DDR4 @ 3800 MHz 14-14-14-28, EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra under Optimus block, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, EVGA Supernova G6 850W PS, ASUS 34" 3440x1440p 120Hz ultrawide, Lenovo 24" 1080p secondary monitor, Win 10

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile