EVGA

Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Oddzball
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/04/10 12:02:18 (permalink)
Trying to actually find anyone who has actually done a QUALITY comparison, not so much performance, but quality of build, quality of components etc. For example, comparing EVGA components to ASUS on motherboards, etc.

40 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/10 12:27:24 (permalink)
    Like This?
    ASUS Maximus V FORMULA:  A Capacitor fell off the motherboard and with the wireless card installed it would not allow the Motherboard to post.
    EVGA Z77 FTW: No issues or problems.
    One for EVGA

Got to love them wooden draw dividers
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2015/04/11 13:47:14

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102313
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/10 12:44:09 (permalink)
    I believe if you read enough reviews on the web you'll find that EVGA has high quality products. To back that up EVGA has great tech people and customer support.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/10 13:09:40 (permalink)
    ASUS products have more features and are high quality. We don't see evga offering as many features. Just be aware of reviews online, most of them are just presentations  that claim to be product "reviews".

What features do you like, that is where i would start to compare products.

post edited by MSim - 2015/04/10 13:12:10

McMada
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 815
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/10 19:00:15 (permalink)
    My chevy is better than your ford, ok back on topic....
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/10 19:28:42 (permalink)

Evga uses better quality parts on their products.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/10 22:36:14 (permalink)
    XrayMan

What better quality parts does evga use that ASUS doesn't. EVGA suppliers are the same ones other motherboard mfg use. ASUS is the biggest motherboard mfg. They use some of the best parts and have their own premium onboard sound. Lets not forget that every ASUS X99 mobo on the market has single latching RAM slots and EVGA X99 don't. ASUS went the extra mile to make it easier for customers to install/remove RAM with CPU and GPU installed.

EVGA does have better customer service from what i hear. I can't personally comment on ASUS customer service, it's been years since i have had to contact them.

Speaking of motherboards, anyone notice the price on evga Z97 motherboards on newegg. It looks like newegg wants to get rid of stock before Z170 motherboards are released. $220 for evga z97 classified, it was around $400 when it first came out.

NazcaC2
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 7420
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/11 09:07:54 (permalink)
    That still doesn't mean EVGA's RAM slots aren't of the same quality as ASUS. It just means ASUS invested more into making the RAM slot simpler to use, for that example.

In EVGA'S offerings, the quality is still high even though they may or may not exceed other manufacturers in features. Feature wise, they do offer a great selection of products (SC, SSC, FTW, Classified, etc.) to satisfy everyone.
    post edited by NazcaC2 - 2015/04/11 09:09:56

Intel i9-12900K
    ASUS Prime Z690-A
    Corsair 850W RM850x
    Windows 11 Professional
    Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
    Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
    EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
    4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
    Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/11 12:56:39 (permalink)
    EVGA selection of products is weak on motherboard side. that makes it hard to support them. If people want onboard sound that has op-amp or headphone amp built in, they have buy from a different company. ASRock, ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI put more effort into the onboard sound.

If EVGA made a motherboard with similar features as the ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO, i would buy it.

NazcaC2
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 7420
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/11 13:42:54 (permalink)
    Those are features. The OP was asking about quality. If you took a comparable board from both brands and compared solid state capacitors or the like and found the same type of components were of higher quality, then we'd have an answer. :)

Intel i9-12900K
    ASUS Prime Z690-A
    Corsair 850W RM850x
    Windows 11 Professional
    Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
    Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
    EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
    4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
    Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/11 14:00:53 (permalink)
    NazcaC2
    Those are features. The OP was asking about quality. If you took a comparable board from both brands and compared solid state capacitors or the like and found the same type of components were of higher quality, then we'd have an answer. :)

+1 Great Point, Quality is what is being asked about and when a Capacitor just falls of the Motherboard this is a Quality Problem, yes the Capacitor was in the Motherboard Box but it still broke off of the Motherboard. Some Motherboard the Wireless Card that came with the Motherboard caused a short and would not allow the MB to Post.

But then MSim really hates EVGA because they will not make the Ram Slots with only One Latch.
    Myself I am glad their are Two Locking Latches and hope the keep using two.

Quality Wise I would take any EVGA Product over ASUS any day of the week.
    But Each Users has their own in what they want and what they will pay for.
    Yes ASUS has LOTS of Features and for me I leave them in the Box or through them away.
    ASUS as lot of Wasted Features that if had a choice I would only order their MB with the I/O Panel and that's it.
    I Did have 3 ASUS Motherboards but now only 2 because their Server Motherboard really sucked.

As Far as Newegg, I will no longer buy from them for poor product packing and shipping and the rewrapping a used product and the posting it on their web site a NEW.

The Motherboard is $239.99 with a $20 rebate card. Same price by the way on Amazon
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2015/04/11 14:08:08

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/11 14:06:01 (permalink)

"EVGA does not offer the wide selection of boards that Asus and Gigabyte do. However, the boards that they do produce are top notch."   Link

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/11 14:09:29 (permalink)
    XrayMan

"EVGA does not offer the wide selection of boards that Asus and Gigabyte do. However, the boards that they do produce are top notch."   Link

Also they make AMD Motherboards and EVGA dose not, thank goodness.
    Nice Reading Link Thanks XrayMan
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2015/04/11 14:10:40

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/11 16:43:31 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh

NazcaC2

+1 Great Point, Quality is what is being asked about and when a Capacitor just falls of the Motherboard this is a Quality Problem, yes the Capacitor was in the Motherboard Box but it still broke off of the Motherboard. Some Motherboard the Wireless Card that came with the Motherboard caused a short and would not allow the MB to Post.

But then MSim really hates EVGA because they will not make the Ram Slots with only One Latch.

Yes ASUS has LOTS of Features and for me I leave them in the Box or through them away.
    ASUS as lot of Wasted Features that if had a choice I would only order their MB with the I/O Panel and that's it.
    I Did have 3 ASUS Motherboards but now only 2 because their Server Motherboard really sucked.

As Far as Newegg, I will no longer buy from them for poor product packing and shipping and the rewrapping a used product and the posting it on their web site a NEW.

The Motherboard is $239.99 with a $20 rebate card. Same price by the way on Amazon

How many customers have had issues with ASUS capacitors falling off. Anything can happen while a product is being packaged. No mfg is immune from it happening. If we look hard enough we can find issues with every motherboard mfg. 

Is my criticism baseless, no it's not, which means it's not hating. I could of mention evga X79 FTW/Classified as an example of lower quality but i didn't.

XrayMan

Nice 2011 Article. That site is right, it's best to read customer reviews. Most of the review sites only give us a presentation and claim it's a review.

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/11 16:58:16 (permalink)

A component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? Sure.

EVGA 

Other brands 

You're welcome.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/11 18:19:18 (permalink)
    MSim
    bcavnaugh

NazcaC2

How many customers have had issues with ASUS capacitors falling off. Anything can happen while a product is being packaged. No mfg is immune from it happening. If we look hard enough we can find issues with every motherboard mfg. 

Is my criticism baseless, no it's not, which means it's not hating. I could of mention evga X79 FTW/Classified as an example of lower quality but i didn't.

XrayMan

Nice 2011 Article. That site is right, it's best to read customer reviews. Most of the review sites only give us a presentation and claim it's a review.

As you know I have two EVGA X79 Classified MB Running 7/24 and no problems with them at all.
    I put my EVGA X79 FTW MB back to work last week  The AIO Hybrid (Completed) & Zero Coil Whine no real problems.
    I started off with the EVGA X79 SLI and only wanted more power so I built more, I have the EVGA X79 Dark MB that I am using as my everyday computer no problems. I had the EVGA Z77 FTW MB it of no problems, gave it away as a gift and still support it. Have the Z77 Stinger no problems. I now have the EVGA X99 Classified MB no problems.
    Out of all the above EVGA Motherboards I only had one RMA for a Ram Slot on one of the X79 Classified Motherboards.
    And an RMA took care of the Ram Slot Problem.

Now with my ASUS Motherboards;
    Had to RMA my Asus KGPE-D16 AMD Opteron Server Bd two times both for the same issue bad Bios Chip, time to process RMA 3 Months 73 Day. At the time it was a $500 Motherboard now only $425
    Asus MIO Audio 892 Sound Card for Server Platform 1 RMA, the first one was DOA.

ASUS Maximus V FORMULA LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Extended ATX DDR3 2800 PCIe 3.0 HDMI SupremeFX IV Audio Motherboard One RMA for the The bundled mPCIe Combo  + dual-band Wi-Fi/Bluetooth and one RMA for Capacitor.
    The RMA for the Capacitor was rejected. Motherboard is in a land fill somewhere. BTW the Capacitor was the returned RMA for mPCIe Combo Card.

ASUS Maximus V EXTREME LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard No real problems, I like the ROG Connect and that is about it.

ASUS Rampage IV Formula LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard no problems, I like the ROG Connect and that is about it.

Now I was told that EVGA Motherboards suck, so I build the ASUS ones above to see which ones in liked better.
    This is really the only way to tell who makes the better motherboards.
    1) EVGA Bends over Backwards in support of their Bios
    3) EVGA Support to include this Forum is the best out their, even ASUS users have to come here for support.
    4) Workings with EVGA Tech, yes you work with Techs, ASUS 3 Different levels for ONE RMA and NO working with Techs
    5) Working within the Bios EVGA is hands down the winner here, ASUS you really do need to be a rocket scientist or brain surgeon.

While I read lots of negative posts on the Forums and Slander about EVGA Products on the Forums I have never posted the problems with my ASUS Hardware. This is the EVGA Forum not the ASUS Forum, Oh ASUS has now Forum this could be Number 6 above. Now ROG has a Forum but it is ONE WAY and you best not asks about any other products on their Forum, this includes NON ASUS ROG Motherboards.

I went with EVGA for;
    1) Quality
    2) Support
    3) Step-Up Program
    4) Customer Care

OK I'm Done

Nope, sorry I forgot I am also Black & Red Man or Red & Black Man too.
    One more item I forgot, I am now only using EVGA Power Supplies, I was using Corsair's Power Supplies.

Quality is not a Gold Finish.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2015/04/11 18:50:11

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/11 20:56:47 (permalink)
    Who's posting slander about evga products. I haven't seen anyone post straight out lies.

EVGA made the X79 Dark to address the screw ups they made on the X79 Classified. Most of the issues people were having they couldn't fix with a bios update. Customers kept wondering what evga was going to do to address the X79 Classified issues. EVGA answer was customers could  pay around $180 to upgrade to X79 Dark or keep RMA'ing in hopes they get lucky and receive X79 Classified that worked right.

evga_Jacob even admitted evga x79 bios isn't where it should be. Members were posting ASUS mother boards were rock solid and reaching higher overclock during that time. 

I never claimed ASUS was perfect. I just know they use some of the best parts and offer more features, anyone can see that if they bothered to compare motherboards.

serieus
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 330
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/12 14:22:05 (permalink)
    i like the asus bios a lot more, seems like evga's never really been that great with motherboards honestly. i remember a lot of problems with the 750i, 780i and 790i boards. i personally owned a 750i ftw board and liked it okay, but i purchased it near the end of its life when most of the quirks of it had been worked out either officially or unofficially. they don't seem to be offering as many features now as other top mobo manufacturers either, despite the pricing often being among the highest. just a few of the reasons i'm running asus now.

FunBox v3
    SSUPD Meshlicious
    Corsair SF750
    Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    AMD RX 6900 XT
    EK 280mm AIO
    2x BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm
    32GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal
    Dell S3422DWG
    2x Western Digital Black NVME 1TB SSDs
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/12 14:39:23 (permalink)
    serieus
    i like the asus bios a lot more, seems like evga's never really been that great with motherboards honestly. i remember a lot of problems with the 750i, 780i and 790i boards. i personally owned a 750i ftw board and liked it okay, but i purchased it near the end of its life when most of the quirks of it had been worked out either officially or unofficially. they don't seem to be offering as many features now as other top mobo manufacturers either, despite the pricing often being among the highest. just a few of the reasons i'm running asus now.

What would then be your "quality comparison between EVGA and other brands" being that you now use an ASUS motherboard.
    Can you Point out the Good and the Bad of your Motherboard and a compatible Motherboard from EVGA?
    The 790i is a very old motherboard and you point out problems for others and not yourself.
    Other users problems should not be use in a quality comparison, it could be as simple as the user themselves did no know what they were doing and caused their on problem. That is we are not comparing the quality of the user after all.
    What problems did you have on your 790i and at that time what ASUS motherboard would to do a quality comparison on?

donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15887
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/19 22:14:47 (permalink)
    Motherboards I go with the gigabyte G1 series due to features, quality components and layout. Their support is not bad here in the U.S. at least. GPU's I lean towards EVGA unless gigabyte offers the same for less. ASUS after dealing with them and waiting weeks to months on support ticket responses I avoid them like the plague.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/20 00:09:31 (permalink)
    MSim
    XrayMan

What better quality parts does evga use that ASUS doesn't. EVGA suppliers are the same ones other motherboard mfg use. ASUS is the biggest motherboard mfg. They use some of the best parts and have their own premium onboard sound. Lets not forget that every ASUS X99 mobo on the market has single latching RAM slots and EVGA X99 don't. ASUS went the extra mile to make it easier for customers to install/remove RAM with CPU and GPU installed.

EVGA does have better customer service from what i hear. I can't personally comment on ASUS customer service, it's been years since i have had to contact them.

Speaking of motherboards, anyone notice the price on evga Z97 motherboards on newegg. It looks like newegg wants to get rid of stock before Z170 motherboards are released. $220 for evga z97 classified, it was around $400 when it first came out.

ASUS does it that way because they place the memory slots closer to the first pci-e slot. They have to use a single latch ram slot or you would have to remove your video card to get the memory out.

Personally I prefer the dual latch memory slots. I also prefer and believe the quality is better on the latch EVGA uses on the pci-e slots. The latches on the ASUS boards break on people all the time.
    post edited by kram36 - 2015/04/20 13:48:28
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/20 05:36:44 (permalink)
    I've never understood the fascination with single latching RAM slots...*shrug* Not a selling point to me (note, that doesn't mean you can't love it. ;))

I've found both eVGA and Asus products to have great components. So does Asrock and MSi. it's a matter of what you find attractive both
    in component and esthetically. I don't think that there is much of a difference otherwise (component level)...If I were to rate them how *I* would
    buy them:

1) Asrock
    2) Asus
    3) eVGA
    4) MSi

Note that is for motherboards. GPU?

1) eVGA
    2) MSi
    3) Asus

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

DMIINC
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5929
    • Ribbons : 32
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/20 05:49:57 (permalink)
    Customer support can be counted as a component quality. Features are not discussed in OP. Dealing with ASUS support makes you crazy in the end...... I promise.....

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/20 05:56:08 (permalink)
    DMIINC
    Customer support can be counted as a component quality. Features are not discussed in OP. Dealing with ASUS support makes you crazy in the end...... I promise.....

Definitely agree there...Asus customer service is abysmal.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

AlexisRO
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1920
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/20 06:07:24 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    DMIINC

BUT, as we've seen with Evga's X79 series mobos and to a certain degree P67, good/great CS is nothing without good hardware.

System: 7820X - MSI X299 Carbon AC - G.Skill 32Gb TridentZ 3200 - EVGA 1080 Ti - 500 Gb Samsung 970 EVO , 2Tb Crucial MX500, 2Tb, 3Tb, 4Tb Seagate - Seasonic 1000W Prime - Creative Sound Blaster Z - Windows 10 Pro 64 - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - Edifier S530D - Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p)

Watercooling loop: Heatkiller CPU - EK 1080 Ti - Swiftech MCP 655 with EK X-Top v2 - XSPC reservoir - Alphacool 480 x2

DMIINC
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5929
    • Ribbons : 32
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/20 06:48:11 (permalink)
    AlexisRO
    transdogmifier
    DMIINC

BUT, as we've seen with Evga's X79 series mobos and to a certain degree P67, good/great CS is nothing without good hardware.

True. That is why counted CS as a part of overall quality of build. I do have EVGA 780 mobo that is still running and I have Pentium 4 board from ASUS from 2004 that is still running. Excellent quality of both. I did have issues with X58 board from EVGA. Issue was taken care of immediately by CS and new board was cross shipped overnight. Asus on the other hand takes many days to answer  support ticket and even when they answered it they did made me feel like I was the issues on hand rather than their product. I didn't by motherboards from EVGA or ASUS for last 3 builds. I have found that ASRock gives me better overall satisfaction when comparing quality/features with price of the motherboard.

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/20 07:03:14 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    I believe if you read enough reviews on the web you'll find that EVGA has high quality products. To back that up EVGA has great tech people and customer support.

Once you find that nitch where you like the company that makes your stuff, you should probably stick with that. It's that "moment" where you switch companies (just to give them the benefit of the doubt, try something different, etc.) is where you get that problem. It never fails. I have to say that ever since i stuck with EVGA, i haven't had any problems at all. I've had my fair share with gigabyte, Asus, even AMD boards, and found that EVGA is the company to stick with. I have no beef with AMD or their products, Ive had enough experience to see that EVGA truelly knows what they're doing and that they take care of the quality of their products, and their customers.

To OP : For what it's worth, stick with EVGA.
    post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/04/20 07:13:03

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/20 14:11:56 (permalink)
    stalinx20
    rjohnson11

Once you find that nitch where you like the company that makes your stuff, you should probably stick with that. It's that "moment" where you switch companies (just to give them the benefit of the doubt, try something different, etc.) is where you get that problem. It never fails. I have to say that ever since i stuck with EVGA, i haven't had any problems at all. I've had my fair share with gigabyte, Asus, even AMD boards, and found that EVGA is the company to stick with. I have no beef with AMD or their products, Ive had enough experience to see that EVGA truelly knows what they're doing and that they take care of the quality of their products, and their customers.

To OP : For what it's worth, stick with EVGA.

That's not where you mess up at all. where you mess up is not doing research before you buy $300+ hardware. The new products companies make aren't always up to the same quality or features and look you like. If you vote with your wallet companies will be forced to take notice and make improvements.

Lots of people loved evga X58 motherboards, myself included. EVGA released SR-X motherboard with salmon pink PCI-E slots and RAM slots while the SATA slots are red. They also didn't bother to make a hole to allow easy access to cmos battery if you needed to remove it. https://youtu.be/D0qVZz-ot6k?t=8m20s

All the issues people had with X79 Classified, evga allowed anyone that owned a $400 x79 Classified to pay $170 to received a X79 Dark motherboard that works like it should out of the box.

If we fail to point out a companies short coming, they will not strive to make a better product.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/20 14:44:39 (permalink)
    EVGA used very high quality components in their X79 Classified boards, but EVGA failed miserably in the functionality of those boards. Even sending out boards with a bios that wouldn't let the board boot to any type of drive. They where late to the market with the P67 and Z67 boards and those boards were littered with issues too.

ASUS knocked it out of the ballpark with the X79 RIVE, wonderful board right out of the box.

Loved my EVGA X58 Classified board, never an issue.
    post edited by kram36 - 2015/04/20 15:03:14
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Can anyone point me to a component quality comparison between EVGA and other brands? 2015/04/20 14:50:02 (permalink)
    Oddzball, Any comments so far?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile