EVGA

Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now!

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 13 of 17
Author
paulmaddy1
  • Total Posts : 36
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/10 09:06:04 (permalink)
karlos103
Just ordered it ...ship to UK .....cost £32.98 with delivery ...but ow well ...has to be done ...be nice to of had it for free !!!

Mine shipped today, so prob wont get it until monday now, but i cant help feeling mugged off, as there soon to be selling them with the gpu card anyway, so the ones between the end of the promo and the begining of the facelift design lose out, Scan computers in UK doing the hybrid for £549 now .
karlos103
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/10 10:25:14 (permalink)
great !!! i paid £600 for mine ....plus the shroud at 32.98 ....plus emailed EVGA about why we are not getting them alteast with some sort of discount ...but they said -" We could have do it for you but our policy does not allow us to do it, we apoligize not to be able to do it."
thats exactly what they said ...dont think speak much english lol

CASE  -InWin 805 
MB     -Asus Z170 Deluxe 
CPU   -i7 6700K at 4.6ghz Corsair H110GTI Cooler
GPU's -2 x 980ti in SLI ( 1 Hybrid ,1 Stock )
RAM   -16Gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Vengance
PSU    -EVGA Supernova 850G2
HDD    -2 x Samsung Evo 850 250Gb
           -2 x Seagate 3tb drives
3xVicious
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/10 21:25:18 (permalink)
Is it weird that I don't even want to play games on my system anymore? I just wanna to look at it...

post edited by 3xVicious - 2015/12/10 21:27:51

Gaming System "Overkill"

Case:
Corsair Obsidian 750D | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme | Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4 GHz - Overclocked to 4.7 GHz at 1.34v | Graphics Card: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked in SLI | Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24-1T | Solid State Drive (OS Drive): Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB | Solid State Drive 2: OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB | Hard Drive (Storage): 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM | Power Supply: Enermax Revolutions 85+ 920w Silver Certified | Monitor: ASUS PB287Q 27" 2560x1440 PLS Monitor | Monitor 2: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 3D LCD Monitor

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/10 21:30:08 (permalink)
3xVicious
Is it weird that I don't even want to play games on my system anymore? I just wanna to look at it...

Looks very pretty. Eye candy is something you definitely look at for awhile.       =)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
paulmaddy1
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 02:37:58 (permalink)
karlos103
great !!! i paid £600 for mine ....plus the shroud at 32.98 ....plus emailed EVGA about why we are not getting them alteast with some sort of discount ...but they said -" We could have do it for you but our policy does not allow us to do it, we apoligize not to be able to do it."
thats exactly what they said ...dont think speak much english lol

Agree there should be some sort of discount, when i bought my shroud EVGA sent me a email saying i can get 30% off certain PSU, made me laugh cause if you look around there cheaper in the shops even after the discount code, If they stop the promo at least have the shroud on the cards now, ive got alot of EVGA stuff and this has made me think twice getting more stuff from them.
k.enger
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 03:22:02 (permalink)
I understand the frustration!
I ordered 2x 980TI Hybrid cards. but did not manage to receive them before the faceoff promotion was finished.
I chose Hybrid above Classifide, I could buy 2x Classified for 1524, -EU
Ended up paying 1746 -EU for 2x Hybrid cards.
Total 1823 - euro for 2x ink shrouds
And not only that!
For the 77, - Eu for shroud
Do I have to pay 25% tax in addition to Norway. (I live in Norway)
So in total it cost me almost 1843 -EU

It should also be said that I ordered my cards from komplett.no
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 04:03:17 (permalink)
paulmaddy1
Agree there should be some sort of discount, when i bought my shroud EVGA sent me a email saying i can get 30% off certain PSU, made me laugh cause if you look around there cheaper in the shops even after the discount code, If they stop the promo at least have the shroud on the cards now, ive got alot of EVGA stuff and this has made me think twice getting more stuff from them.

They have already stated that once there is enough stock, they will be outfitting future cards with the new shroud. Just because they fulfilled the face off program requirements first doesn't mean they aren't working on stock to outfit the new cards.

Next time, maybe users should encourage them to charge everyone rather than doing something nice for people? Complaining they did something nice, something they definitely didn't have to do, is just wasted breath.

Look at asus with the x99 Rampage V Extreme. Rather than making a new board to utilize USB 3.1, the tossed a USB 3.1 pcie card into the new boxes, and they charge the original owners to purchase that pcie usb, rather than giving it to anyone for free.. do you hear people complaining? Nope, because it is an upgrade, not required.

The discount is that you won't have to buy a brand new card just to get the new shroud.

The Evga promotion for power supplies is nice. If I got 30% off, then topped it all off with the Evga bucks hat can't be used at a store, I could currently pay $6 to get a brand new 1000g2 power supply. If you collect EVGA bucks and purchase from EVGA.Com and use discounts, you will find that newegg and amazon and other stores can not compete at all with EVGA pricing. There are more advantages than the people complaning realize, just because they don't look to take advantage of the programs that are available.
k.enger
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 04:51:24 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
paulmaddy1

They have already stated that once there is enough stock, they will be outfitting future cards with the new shroud. Just because they fulfilled the face off program requirements first doesn't mean they aren't working on stock to outfit the new cards.

Next time, maybe users should encourage them to charge everyone rather than doing something nice for people? Complaining they did something nice, something they definitely didn't have to do, is just wasted breath.

Look at asus with the x99 Rampage V Extreme. Rather than making a new board to utilize USB 3.1, the tossed a USB 3.1 pcie card into the new boxes, and they charge the original owners to purchase that pcie usb, rather than giving it to anyone for free.. do you hear people complaining? Nope, because it is an upgrade, not required.

The discount is that you won't have to buy a brand new card just to get the new shroud.

The Evga promotion for power supplies is nice. If I got 30% off, then topped it all off with the Evga bucks hat can't be used at a store, I could currently pay $6 to get a brand new 1000g2 power supply. If you collect EVGA bucks and purchase from EVGA.Com and use discounts, you will find that newegg and amazon and other stores can not compete at all with EVGA pricing. There are more advantages than the people complaning realize, just because they don't look to take advantage of the programs that are available.

I feel more like the faceoff the program motivated me to choose the hybrid version. Just because of the upgrade.
After what I've understood there are also many others who made the same choice. but that did not get what motivated them to buy this card.
I ended up buying it at a cost of 77eu. (the upgrade)
Therefore it is not unfair of EVGA to give us something back, we bought because of their promotion
Not to use more money.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 04:58:21 (permalink)
A promotion is just that. The promotion was live for quite some time. Everyone knew it was a limited time, just like any promotion, and knew there was a chance of missing it.

Just like games. Watch when people buy a game and realize the promotion ended before they got the video card, first thing they do is complain they didn't get in on the promotion.

Watch people that purchase the card before a promotion, first thing they do is complain that they didn't get in on the promotion.

If you are basing decisions off of a promotion, you are already making a choice that may not pay off in the end, because you are gambling.

Where did you purchase the shroud from for 77eu? Was it directly from evga's website?
paulmaddy1
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 04:59:40 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
paulmaddy1

If i bought a 1000g2 psu from EVGA with discount it would cost me 230 euro, in a shop it cost 180 euro, not sure where the nice bit is, anyway im only giving my opinion, there's no need to jump out of your pram, i just think they should of done the promation until the shroud went retail on the cards, isnt thats what a serial number is for to count for how many they need for the promo, and then you bring up Asus , there QC and RMA are shocking. And yes you do hear people complain, but would you want a PCI-E card taking up room, i know i wouldnt. The discount is that you won't have to buy a brand new card just to get the new shroud, not sure what you mean't by that, i still had to buy the shroud.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 05:05:11 (permalink)
paulmaddy1
If i bought a 1000g2 psu from EVGA with discount it would cost me 230 euro, in a shop it cost 180 euro, not sure where the nice bit is, anyway im only giving my opinion, there's no need to jump out of your pram, i just think they should of done the promation until the shroud went retail on the cards, isnt thats what a serial number is for to count for how many they need for the promo, and then you bring up Asus , there QC and RMA are shocking. And yes you do hear people complain, but would you want a PCI-E card taking up room, i know i wouldnt. The discount is that you won't have to buy a brand new card just to get the new shroud, not sure what you mean't by that, i still had to buy the shroud.

You purchased the shroud, be happy that you didn't have to buy a brand new card just to get the new shroud. If that would have been the case, you would have lost money trying to sell the old card just to get the new shroud on a new card.

This is an accessory. You are buying the performance of the hybrid, and since it was compared to the MSI Seahawk card, the hybrid performs at significatly lower temps.

And yes, I would like to have the usb 3.1, even as a pci card, so that I don't have to spend another $450 on a new motherboard just to get that feature. It makes much more sense than buying a new board just for an accessory.
clone
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 426
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 06:20:34 (permalink)
Mine is running very quiet as after I installed it I lay the case at a angle for a wee while to get any air out of the loop and away from the pump,so if anybody has noise it could be trapped air.

Asus Rog Maximus XII Formula
10700K @ 4.8ghz 1.20v
16Gb 8Pack 3600hz
EVGA 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra
Watercooled
Phantek Evolv X
k.enger
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 06:21:07 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
A promotion is just that. The promotion was live for quite some time. Everyone knew it was a limited time, just like any promotion, and knew there was a chance of missing it.

Just like games. Watch when people buy a game and realize the promotion ended before they got the video card, first thing they do is complain they didn't get in on the promotion.

Watch people that purchase the card before a promotion, first thing they do is complain that they didn't get in on the promotion.

If you are basing decisions off of a promotion, you are already making a choice that may not pay off in the end, because you are gambling.

Where did you purchase the shroud from for 77eu? Was it directly from evga's website?

Yes. from eu.evga.com

27.9€
x2
=55.8€
+21€ (Ups delivery)
=76.8€

Plus I have to pay 25% tax
So total for 2x covers ink shipping and tax  96€
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 06:41:27 (permalink)
k.enger
Yes. from eu.evga.com

27.9€
x2
=55.8€
+21€ (Ups delivery)
=76.8€

Previously you said you bought "it" for 77€ not them, so you made it sound like one for 77, not 2 with shipping.

Shipping costs a lot in Eu, that is known. The tax is something that I have yet to understand how it applies and when it applies.

So, you bought two of them for normal price which is not uncommon. Everyone that misses game promotion and say rhat bought a specific video card just for that promotion do the same thing every single day. Promotions don't last forever, so no company can be held to them. Yes, it was an incentive to those whom had already purchased the cards and those that caught them as the promotion was on going, but again,promotions don't last forever, hence why they are promotions.

The new shrouds will eventually make it onto the production versions, but just like the people that purchase reference cooler cards and want the ACX versions, until they are available, that can't be changed and they have to buy what they want separate.

Evga even made a few exceptions to the ones that got their cards the day that the promotion ended. They go above and beyond with many people, which is better than any other company can say in the least.
k.enger
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 06:55:19 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
k.enger
Yes. from eu.evga.com

27.9€
x2
=55.8€
+21€ (Ups delivery)
=76.8€

Previously you said you bought "it" for 77€ not them, so you made it sound like one for 77, not 2 with shipping.

Shipping costs a lot in Eu, that is known. The tax is something that I have yet to understand how it applies and when it applies.

So, you bought two of them for normal price which is not uncommon. Everyone that misses game promotion and say rhat bought a specific video card just for that promotion do the same thing every single day. Promotions don't last forever, so no company can be held to them. Yes, it was an incentive to those whom had already purchased the cards and those that caught them as the promotion was on going, but again,promotions don't last forever, hence why they are promotions.

The new shrouds will eventually make it onto the production versions, but just like the people that purchase reference cooler cards and want the ACX versions, until they are available, that can't be changed and they have to buy what they want separate.

Evga even made a few exceptions to the ones that got their cards the day that the promotion ended. They go above and beyond with many people, which is better than any other company can say in the least.

I understand all this!
but I think it was too expensive, it was my whole point! I understand why people complain a little.
is it difficult to understand?
post edited by k.enger - 2015/12/11 06:59:04
Hopper64
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 735
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 11:37:33 (permalink)
The shroud is now up on the US site for auto notify.

Asus Maximus Z690E
i9 12900KS
GSkill F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5RK
Samsung 980 Pro
Corsair AX1600i                                                   
Asus Strix 3090 OC
EKWB Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 and VTX 160
Creative SB X4
Asus ROG XG349C
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Ribbons : 26
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 11:51:48 (permalink)
Stock next week.

paulmaddy1
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 11:57:22 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
paulmaddy1

You purchased the shroud, be happy that you didn't have to buy a brand new card just to get the new shroud. If that would have been the case, you would have lost money trying to sell the old card just to get the new shroud on a new card.

This is an accessory. You are buying the performance of the hybrid, and since it was compared to the MSI Seahawk card, the hybrid performs at significatly lower temps.

And yes, I would like to have the usb 3.1, even as a pci card, so that I don't have to spend another $450 on a new motherboard just to get that feature. It makes much more sense than buying a new board just for an accessory.

So you would be annoyed if you didnt get the usb 3.1 card then. Plus i wouldnt be moaning if they just charged everyone in the first place, anyway dont matter, i suppose you wouldnt know what thermal paste they use on the heatsink, and is it worth changing over to something different like Thermal Grizzly. :)
Hopper64
SSC Member
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 14:01:19 (permalink)
I hope there's not a limit of one per household.

Asus Maximus Z690E
i9 12900KS
Samsung 980 Pro
Corsair AX1600i                                                   
Asus Strix 3090 OC
Creative SB X4
Asus ROG XG349C
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 14:18:39 (permalink)
paulmaddy1
So you would be annoyed if you didnt get the usb 3.1 card then. Plus i wouldnt be moaning if they just charged everyone in the first place, anyway dont matter, i suppose you wouldnt know what thermal paste they use on the heatsink, and is it worth changing over to something different like Thermal Grizzly. :)

No, I am not disappointed in the lack of usb 3.1. When I purchased the board, 3.1 wasn't a thing so it didn't matter. I never get upset when something new it released, as this is an ever changed world of electronics, and next week someone will release a better version of something we just purchased, and I have no time or care to worry myself about silly things that happen like that.

As for the thermal paste, I am not sure what they use, but I haven't heard anything bad about it as of yet. Evga usually uses a good thermal paste, although I am not a fan of the application that is used with regular heatsinks.

It is super easy to change if you chose to change it, and use your favorite brand (as long as it is non capacitive and non conductive). I am partial to Artic MX-4 myself, because I have used it for nearly 3 years without a single easy and it has never dried out on me.
paulmaddy1
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 17:32:16 (permalink)
I must say the temps are good on this GPU im idle at 22/23 and full load in valley 44,  room temp 21 not got onto gaming yet, the only prob ive got is a clicking sound from the fan that sounds like its hitting something but its not, and the fan is the loudest thing in my case, i think i might take the fan off and put something else on it and just control it via the motherboard, the asic on mine is 68.3% with a boost of 1378 out the box, not done any overclocking yet. Also ive got the fan as pull,and itook the stock TIM off and put on thermal grizzly.
post edited by paulmaddy1 - 2015/12/11 17:41:29
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/11 18:31:02 (permalink)
Try a Corsair SP120 if the cost isn't too high or a Gentle Typhoon. Both are great fans and those temps sound awesome :-)
Rahvinous666
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/12 07:04:16 (permalink)
Thanks eVGA, the shrouds arrived right on time and I finally got the time to install them. Absolutely love them! =D

Attached Image(s)

Rampage V Extreme (1701)
Intel 5960X @ 4.453GHz
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000MHz 
3x eVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC 04G-P4-2982-KR
Creative Sound Blaster X7
Samsung S34E790C 34" 3440x1440
Samsung SM951 256GB MZHPV256HDGL
2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro (Raid 0)
EKWB X360 Complete Custom Loop Kit
Corsair Obsidian 900D
Corsair AX1500i
Logitech G910 Orion Spark
Logitech Z906
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

madmob
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/12 07:17:56 (permalink)
Any chance of getting them for the Australian and New Zealand owners?
Legendhidde
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/12 08:37:01 (permalink)
It's an immense bummer that I found out the LED is only white. I heard from someone that it was an RGB LED but it turns out it isn't.

Does anyone know how that thing is assembled? I changed the colour of my SLI bridge by taking out the LED and putting a green filter over the white plastic. It also came with some colour changing stickers in the box.
paulmaddy1
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/12 12:42:44 (permalink)
So ive chucked the Fan that came with the Gpu out the window, it was to loud for my liking, ive set-up a push pull on the rad using EK varder F3ER and attached to my motherboard via PWM controlled with speedFan 4.51 and my system is near silent, been testing all day with different fan settings through speedfan and i cant get it lower than 22/23 so that must be the mean temp off the card, and in valley at load im seeing 42/44 , my fans set to 55% at over 40 degrees, had a quick go at BF4 which was the same 44 at 62% fan speed, i have a very slight coil whine but it comes and goes and nothing to serious, ive had alot worse and this is nothing, super impressed with this card. All i say is ditch the fan it comes with and get something decent, and get it controlled with speedfan or your bios.
post edited by paulmaddy1 - 2015/12/12 12:46:16
Hopper64
SSC Member
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/12 12:58:42 (permalink)
What Varder fan is that exactly? And your fan speed is what? Thanks.

Asus Maximus Z690E
i9 12900KS
Samsung 980 Pro
Corsair AX1600i                                                   
Asus Strix 3090 OC
Creative SB X4
Asus ROG XG349C
paulmaddy1
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/12 13:15:15 (permalink)
Hopper64
What Varder fan is that exactly? And your fan speed is what? Thanks.

EkwB varder F4ER not f3, hightest fan speed i got to control at those temps were 62% in BF4 and 55% in valley thats push pull, single fan in push or pull i was seeing higher temps but ramping up the fans to 65%/70%, it was slightly better in pull than push.

3xVicious
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/12 13:22:24 (permalink)
I also dumped the fan that came with this and put two PWM Noctua iPPC 3000 RPM industrial fans on the rad in push/pull for each of my cards. The fact that their also dust proof and water resistant is a nice touch for rad fans. Noctua is also coming out with something call Chromax so that you can change the colors of the vibration dampeners. Red on Black Noctua fans are gonna look pretty sick.

Gaming System "Overkill"

Case:
Corsair Obsidian 750D | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme | Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4 GHz - Overclocked to 4.7 GHz at 1.34v | Graphics Card: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked in SLI | Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24-1T | Solid State Drive (OS Drive): Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB | Solid State Drive 2: OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB | Hard Drive (Storage): 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM | Power Supply: Enermax Revolutions 85+ 920w Silver Certified | Monitor: ASUS PB287Q 27" 2560x1440 PLS Monitor | Monitor 2: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 3D LCD Monitor

Hopper64
SSC Member
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/12 13:39:48 (permalink)
Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Asus Maximus Z690E
i9 12900KS
Samsung 980 Pro
Corsair AX1600i                                                   
Asus Strix 3090 OC
Creative SB X4
Asus ROG XG349C
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 13 of 17
Jump to: