EVGA

Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now!

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 12 of 17
Author
nunzmon
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 201
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 05:15:44 (permalink)
2 Here & no noise

Asus Rampage IV blk 4930k @ 4.6 1.29v
4x4g corsair Dominator gt ram 2400 9.11.11.31 1t
NVidia Titan XP hybrid Asus pg348q monitor
Lord Crc
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 07:31:49 (permalink)
Enthuziast
My hybrid doesnt make any noises.....some ppl are just paranoid lel.

The radiator fan that came with my 980Ti Hybrid is LOUD. In fact, the 970 it replaced didn't make as much sound at full load as the 980Ti Hybrid.

And since the radiator fan is not temperature controlled in any meaningful way, it's loud all the time. The 970 it replaced spun down all the fans when the card was idling, making zero noise. The 980Ti converted my otherwise rather quiet box into a small Cessna, and gave me flashbacks to the black Delta fans.

I replaced the stock fan with a Noctua NF-F12 PWM and plugged it into the motherboard so it can be controlled. That reduced the noise levels to the same as the 970 at idle (the radiator for my 980Ti Hybrid replaced a case fan). On the bright side, it's now just as quiet during full load, which was what I wanted from a hybrid unit...

Let's just say this is not what I expected from a premium priced product.
Legendhidde
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 08:19:09 (permalink)
Lord Crc
Enthuziast
My hybrid doesnt make any noises.....some ppl are just paranoid lel.

The radiator fan that came with my 980Ti Hybrid is LOUD. In fact, the 970 it replaced didn't make as much sound at full load as the 980Ti Hybrid.

And since the radiator fan is not temperature controlled in any meaningful way, it's loud all the time. The 970 it replaced spun down all the fans when the card was idling, making zero noise. The 980Ti converted my otherwise rather quiet box into a small Cessna, and gave me flashbacks to the black Delta fans.

I replaced the stock fan with a Noctua NF-F12 PWM and plugged it into the motherboard so it can be controlled. That reduced the noise levels to the same as the 970 at idle (the radiator for my 980Ti Hybrid replaced a case fan). On the bright side, it's now just as quiet during full load, which was what I wanted from a hybrid unit...

Let's just say this is not what I expected from a premium priced product.

Hi, could you just tell me how temperatures on your motherboard control your fans?

My motherboard has some stupid "Ambient temperature sensor" which is just a random sensor that is at 40 Celsius sometimes and 60 Celsius at other times. What kind of fan curve do you have? What do you use to make your fans spin up and down? Could running my fans at 700-800 RPM give me proper temperatures during gaming?
shanndogg
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 08:23:51 (permalink)
These past three responses are exactly what I was hoping to hear as I have two Hybrids on the way.  I also plan to replace the stock fans with Noctua.  I understand the want for a premium products stock fans to perform better.  But, I must say after finally buying some Noctua's and trying them for myself there is no comparison to any other fan I have ever used.  They are that good.  Regardless of that, I was also going to use my MB fan headers to control the fans so I'm not surprised some are disappointed with the noise if they leave them plugged in through the card.
Lord Crc
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 08:29:56 (permalink)
Legendhidde
Hi, could you just tell me how temperatures on your motherboard control your fans?

My motherboard has some stupid "Ambient temperature sensor" which is just a random sensor that is at 40 Celsius sometimes and 60 Celsius at other times. What kind of fan curve do you have? What do you use to make your fans spin up and down? Could running my fans at 700-800 RPM give me proper temperatures during gaming?

My motherboard has this fan controller software thing, so I just set up curves based on that. I've attached a picture of my setup for the radiator.

So far I've only stressed the card with GTA V, my CPU temps peak at 70C and GPU temps at 50C with ~40-50% CPU load and >95% GPU load (~22C ambient). I've not spent much time tweaking the curve though, just got the card a couple of days ago.

The temperature the fan controller uses as basis is the CPU temperature, however at work I have a newer motherboard from the same manufacturer which I noticed allowed me to select which source to use (CPU or motherboard temperature).

Sadly the GPU temperature is not entirely correlated to CPU temperature, but fortunately for me I don't have many workloads which stresses the GPU but not the CPU. I'm keeping an eye on the GPU temp though while gaming, so might tweak the curves a bit.

Attached Image(s)

Lord Crc
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 08:35:40 (permalink)
shanndogg
I understand the want for a premium products stock fans to perform better.  But, I must say after finally buying some Noctua's and trying them for myself there is no comparison to any other fan I have ever used.  They are that good. 

I'm not complaining that the Noctua fans are better than the stock fans. I'm complaining that the stock radiator fan is not temperature controlled in any sensible way (if at all!!!) and that it is loud. The stock fan on my H60 was a bit louder than the Noctua, the stock radiator fan on my 980Ti is about as loud as a small airplane. If you buy a hybrid solution it's because you care about noise, and when I pay a premium price for a hybrid solution, I expect a considerably better product than what the 980Ti hybrid was out of the box.
Legendhidde
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 08:57:46 (permalink)
Lord Crc
Legendhidde

My motherboard has this fan controller software thing, so I just set up curves based on that. I've attached a picture of my setup for the radiator.

So far I've only stressed the card with GTA V, my CPU temps peak at 70C and GPU temps at 50C with ~40-50% CPU load and >95% GPU load (~22C ambient). I've not spent much time tweaking the curve though, just got the card a couple of days ago.

The temperature the fan controller uses as basis is the CPU temperature, however at work I have a newer motherboard from the same manufacturer which I noticed allowed me to select which source to use (CPU or motherboard temperature).

Sadly the GPU temperature is not entirely correlated to CPU temperature, but fortunately for me I don't have many workloads which stresses the GPU but not the CPU. I'm keeping an eye on the GPU temp though while gaming, so might tweak the curves a bit.

That's a bummer, my motherboard only likes me using the motherboard temperatures which are really inaccurate. I'm hoping my cooler manufacturers create a software that can control motherboard fans. I'm just gonna keep my fans pinned at 800 RPM then it seems.
Lord Crc
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 09:52:20 (permalink)
Legendhidde
That's a bummer, my motherboard only likes me using the motherboard temperatures which are really inaccurate. I'm hoping my cooler manufacturers create a software that can control motherboard fans. I'm just gonna keep my fans pinned at 800 RPM then it seems.

To be honest, I might use a fixed speed too down the line, as it'll be more predictable, as well as not fire up if I do x264 encodings for example (a pure CPU load).
Legendhidde
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 10:19:31 (permalink)
Lord Crc

To be honest, I might use a fixed speed too down the line, as it'll be more predictable, as well as not fire up if I do x264 encodings for example (a pure CPU load).

Yeah, same here, sometimes YouTube will make my GPUs a little warm and suddenly my motherboard temperature will spike and cause all fans to spin super loudly. I'm just waiting for NZXT to come out with their motherboard fan control on CAM.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 10:28:54 (permalink)
In Google chrome, disable the hardware acceleration feature. Go to settings on the right side, then to the bottom and select advanced settings. Scroll to the very bottom again and the next to bottom selection should be hardware acceleration. Disable that and it won't try to use your gpu for browsing.
Legendhidde
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 12:32:00 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
In Google chrome, disable the hardware acceleration feature. Go to settings on the right side, then to the bottom and select advanced settings. Scroll to the very bottom again and the next to bottom selection should be hardware acceleration. Disable that and it won't try to use your gpu for browsing.

I don't know if that was for me but I've tried that and I still see my GPU clock spike up to 1000 MHz for no reason sometimes.
SuperConker
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 270
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 14:53:31 (permalink)
shanndogg
These past three responses are exactly what I was hoping to hear as I have two Hybrids on the way.  I also plan to replace the stock fans with Noctua.  I understand the want for a premium products stock fans to perform better.  But, I must say after finally buying some Noctua's and trying them for myself there is no comparison to any other fan I have ever used.  They are that good.  Regardless of that, I was also going to use my MB fan headers to control the fans so I'm not surprised some are disappointed with the noise if they leave them plugged in through the card.

I have my Hybrid cooler's fans connected directly to a couple of molex-to-5v fan-adapters, not through the card itself,
which makes them run at very low speeds (even tried replaced the stock EVGA fans with Corsair SP120 fans).
But still, the pumps on both of my Hybrid kits are extremely loud (buzzing noise is coming from the pumps them-self, not the fans).

And since it happened to both of the hybrid kits (and the buzzing they make is also identical) i doubt replacing/RMA'ing them will fix it,
+ the chance of getting 2 broken Hybrids kits in the same shipment is pretty much impossible.

To me, that indicates that's it's an ongoing problem with pretty much all the Hybrid kits.

But of course, i could have just been 200% unlucky, but i doubt it.
post edited by SuperConker - 2015/12/06 14:56:50

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 16:07:49 (permalink)
SuperConker
I have my Hybrid cooler's fans connected directly to a couple of molex-to-5v fan-adapters, not through the card itself,
which makes them run at very low speeds (even tried replaced the stock EVGA fans with Corsair SP120 fans).
But still, the pumps on both of my Hybrid kits are extremely loud (buzzing noise is coming from the pumps them-self, not the fans).

And since it happened to both of the hybrid kits (and the buzzing they make is also identical) i doubt replacing/RMA'ing them will fix it,
+ the chance of getting 2 broken Hybrids kits in the same shipment is pretty much impossible.

To me, that indicates that's it's an ongoing problem with pretty much all the Hybrid kits.

But of course, i could have just been 200% unlucky, but i doubt it.

Where is your radiators mounted compared to the gpu? Above or below the pumps?

I ask, because a lot of time rattling is a trapped air bubble in the pump itself.
SuperConker
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 270
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/06 17:08:40 (permalink)
The radiators are mounted above the GPU's and the tubes that enters them are at the bottom of the rads (not at the top) for best performance.

Only time i heard rattling was on the first start-up after installing the Hybrid's.
But this went away after a couple of seconds.

The noise i hear from the pumps now sounds like an electric buzzing noise (and it's a constant noise that doesn't change).
Had the Hybrid's for about 2 weeks now and they sound the same still.
post edited by SuperConker - 2015/12/06 17:10:46

paulmaddy1
  • Total Posts : 36
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/08 06:59:08 (permalink)
I nearly got the 980ti hybrid today but ive notice the shroud has now stopped, i dont like the stock one that it comes with, are these gonna be for sale or going to start up again.
nunzmon
Superclocked Member
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/08 09:31:36 (permalink)
from what is said in this thread it will be for sale.......

paulmaddy1
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/08 14:52:24 (permalink)
It would be nice if EVGA would say what is happening as the promotion finished awhile ago, there nothing on the website but maybe it might go on sale , just be nice to know when. :)

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/08 15:23:54 (permalink)
paulmaddy1
It would be nice if EVGA would say what is happening as the promotion finished awhile ago, there nothing on the website but maybe it might go on sale , just be nice to know when. :)

It's all over this thread. The one issue arises that instead of reading the comments from EVGA, folks immediately ask and can't understand why EVGA doesn't answer them every single time. The answer is already out there, lol.
paulmaddy1
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/08 18:31:40 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
paulmaddy1

It's all over this thread. The one issue arises that instead of reading the comments from EVGA, folks immediately ask and can't understand why EVGA doesn't answer them every single time. The answer is already out there, lol.

Sorry i didnt spend 3 hours reading all the comments just thought putting a message in, that took 3 seconds would bring someone to the attention with knowledge that could answer the question, i can see its going to be sold but when, im not going to wait all of months and months like i did their mouse which i was kept being told soon.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/08 18:58:22 (permalink)
They have to outfit all of the hybrid cards that are going to be sold in the future as well, so they will be adding the new shroud into those. No telling how long that will take, so the typical answer that you can find in under ten minutes is, "we aren't sure when".

You don't have to spend hours finding answers on the last few pages.
paulmaddy1
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/09 04:14:07 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
They have to outfit all of the hybrid cards that are going to be sold in the future as well, so they will be adding the new shroud into those. No telling how long that will take, so the typical answer that you can find in under ten minutes is, "we aren't sure when".

You don't have to spend hours finding answers on the last few pages.

What is the product code is it P/N: 100-TC-0999-B9. for the shroud.
nunzmon
Superclocked Member
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/09 04:29:20 (permalink)
That looks to be right ....

Bier-Boy
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/09 19:28:14 (permalink)
I called the europeen support hotline and the guy told me just to wait for the e-mail with further instructions. But he didn't check my specific status.
Wiifoo
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/09 23:13:37 (permalink)

paulmaddy1
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/10 03:00:49 (permalink)
Bought the shroud today from the EU.EVGA site for 27 euro as i missed the promo and as the Hybrid is still not shipping with the LED Shroud.
post edited by paulmaddy1 - 2015/12/10 03:54:58
karlos103
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/10 07:35:46 (permalink)
paulmaddy1
Bought the shroud today from the EU.EVGA site for 27 euro as i missed the promo and as the Hybrid is still not shipping with the LED Shroud.

Hi
So how did you order the shroud ? i have looked on the site but cannot find it .
Any help most appreciated as really want this shroud ..lol
Karl

CASE  -InWin 805 
MB     -Asus Z170 Deluxe 
CPU   -i7 6700K at 4.6ghz Corsair H110GTI Cooler
GPU's -2 x 980ti in SLI ( 1 Hybrid ,1 Stock )
RAM   -16Gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Vengance
PSU    -EVGA Supernova 850G2
HDD    -2 x Samsung Evo 850 250Gb
           -2 x Seagate 3tb drives
Wiifoo
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/10 07:57:46 (permalink)
Evga sells already shrouds before sending the rest of emails...
http://eu.evga.com/Produc...aspx?pn=100-TC-0999-B9
karlos103
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/10 08:09:45 (permalink)
nice one thank you ...that def 100% right shroud for the 980ti hybrid card ?
want to double check before ordering lol
thanks
karl

CASE  -InWin 805 
MB     -Asus Z170 Deluxe 
           -2 x Seagate 3tb drives
Wiifoo
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/10 08:12:09 (permalink)
You're welcome :)
But it seems to be sold just for English people, isn't it?
And yes it's for the 980 Ti hybrid too

post edited by Wiifoo - 2015/12/10 08:15:24
karlos103
Re: Calling all GTX HYBRID Owners- Sign up for your free shroud now! 2015/12/10 08:16:30 (permalink)
Just ordered it ...ship to UK .....cost £32.98 with delivery ...but ow well ...has to be done ...be nice to of had it for free !!!

CASE  -InWin 805 
MB     -Asus Z170 Deluxe 
           -2 x Seagate 3tb drives
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 12 of 17
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile