EVGA

Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE!

Page: << < ..16171819 > Showing page 17 of 19
Author
Dicehunter
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 187
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 04:36:50 (permalink)
Bar81
No one put a gun to your head. If you don't like the terms of the deal, walk away.

You completely missed the bloody point, It went way over your head and you turned it into aggro, Nice going.

If it's capable for your little mind READ the damn comment again, SLOWLY.

If they would have sent it via DPD, UPS or DHL I could fully understand the price of shipping but this is just taking the p*** hence my surprise when it turned up with one of the cheapest mailing options available.
post edited by Dicehunter - 2016/12/06 04:40:37

=STEAM - Dicehunter = ORIGIN - Dicehunter=
hobib_ali
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 04:48:20 (permalink)
Dicehunter
Got my link a few minutes ago but EVGA are making a frakkin killing on the postage part of this offer.

It was sent via recorded Royal Mail, Not UPS, DHL or DPD, Recorded Royal Mail which according to the man in the post office with something that weighs this much would cost around £4....and I paid EVGA £15 for postage so EVGA are making a very very large profit on these.

Not free at all.

assuming your in the uk, royal mail can you check please and tell me when you paid and when the item was dispatched?  you will see this info on the power link page:

http://www.evga.com/articles/01058/evga-powerlink-promotion/

so if you log in and scroll down to the request history you will see the info.

Yes with regards to your comment its obvious they are making a profit on the postage, yet they advertised as free which is a load of balls to me, but its cheaper than the company SCAN UK who are selling these for £35.00 a piece, it wont be long till aftermarket company's will make their own variants for sure. 
Bar81
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 05:39:40 (permalink)
Dicehunter
Bar81
No one put a gun to your head. If you don't like the terms of the deal, walk away.

You completely missed the bloody point, It went way over your head and you turned it into aggro, Nice going.

If it's capable for your little mind READ the damn comment again, SLOWLY.

If they would have sent it via DPD, UPS or DHL I could fully understand the price of shipping but this is just taking the p*** hence my surprise when it turned up with one of the cheapest mailing options available.

I'm definitely the one angry and over the top, thanks for noticing. Thank goodness we don't have you overreacting.

Again, you don't need it and no one forced you to buy it. Buying it and whining about it isn't exactly a winning formula for sympathy.

Intel 6700T, Thermalright Macho Zero, Asus Sabertooth Z170 S, 64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT, EVGA 1080 Ti SC, Samsung 850 PRO, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, Kingwin Stryker 500W
Dicehunter
Superclocked Member
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 05:43:43 (permalink)
Bar81
I'm definitely the one angry and over the top, thanks for noticing. Thank goodness we don't have you overreacting.
Again, you don't need it and no one forced you to buy it. Buying it and whining about it isn't exactly a winning formula for sympathy.

Again you missed the point completely, Had I known in advance EVGA were going to send these out via the cheapest possible mail I would not have gotten it.

£15 is what you pay for DPD, DHL, UPS etc... not recorded royal mail.

Bar81
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 05:56:35 (permalink)
Dicehunter
Bar81

Again you missed the point completely, Had I known in advance EVGA were going to send these out via the cheapest possible mail I would not have gotten it.

£15 is what you pay for DPD, DHL, UPS etc... not recorded royal mail.

You knew shipping before you paid so I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you thought shipping was too high, you could have simply chosen not to proceed.

Personally, I thought it was reasonable given the item, which was why I ordered it. If I had felt otherwise, I simply wouldn't have ordered it - "problem" solved.

It's actually a nice piece of kit:

post edited by Bar81 - 2016/12/06 06:02:18

Intel 6700T, Thermalright Macho Zero, Asus Sabertooth Z170 S, 64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT, EVGA 1080 Ti SC, Samsung 850 PRO, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, Kingwin Stryker 500W
Dicehunter
Superclocked Member
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 06:00:33 (permalink)
Bar81
You knew shipping before you paid so I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you thought shipping was too high, you could have simply chosen not to proceed.
Personally, I thought it was reasonable given the item, which was why I ordered it. If I had felt otherwise, I simply wouldn't have ordered it - "problem" solved.

Ok I'll put it in simpler terms for you.

EVGA did not state which shipping method it would be delivered by so given the amount they charged for delivery it is only logical to have assumed that they would have used a company like DHL, UPS or DPD.

Seriously I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

Had I known in advance that they were charging so much for using standard royal mail I would not have gotten it.

Bar81
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 06:03:11 (permalink)
Dicehunter
Bar81

Ok I'll put it in simpler terms for you.

EVGA did not state which shipping method it would be delivered by so given the amount they charged for delivery it is only logical to have assumed that they would have used a company like DHL, UPS or DPD.

Seriously I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

Had I known in advance that they were charging so much for using standard royal mail I would not have gotten it.

So you're now a shipping connoisseur?
post edited by Bar81 - 2016/12/06 06:12:17

Dicehunter
Superclocked Member
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 06:11:35 (permalink)
Bar81

I use DPD, Royal mail and DHL at least 3 times a week and have done for the last 4+ years with my job.

Can you really not understand though ? Is it really not getting through to you ?

Paying £15 for standard royal mail is a p*** take, Again had I known in advance which shipping method EVGA were using I would not have paid.

Bar81
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 06:12:58 (permalink)
Dicehunter
Bar81

I use DPD, Royal mail and DHL at least 3 times a week and have done for the last 4+ years with my job.

Can you really not understand though ? Is it really not getting through to you ?

Paying £15 for standard royal mail is a p*** take, Again had I known in advance which shipping method EVGA were using I would not have paid.

So your problem is not that you won't pay 15 for the part, but that principle prevents you from paying 15 when it's shipped by royal mail? That's a pretty petty distinction.

Dicehunter
Superclocked Member
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 06:16:57 (permalink)
Bar81
So your problem is not that you won't pay 15 for the part, but that principle prevents you from paying 15 when it's shipped by royal mail? That's a pretty petty distinction.

Not petty at all, Shipping this size and weight of an item via royal mail costs £4 yet EVGA are charging £15 for shipping, If you can;t see something odd with that then there's something severely wrong. 

Bar81
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 06:23:35 (permalink)
Dicehunter
Bar81

Not petty at all, Shipping this size and weight of an item via royal mail costs £4 yet EVGA are charging £15 for shipping, If you can;t see something odd with that then there's something severely wrong. 

Not at all - it's your comments that are backwards.

When you clicked pay you made the decision that the product is worth 15 on the terms presented to you which didn't specify the method of shipping.

In any case, if you are a man of such "principle", why didn't you ask evga how they ship before you paid?

Dicehunter
Superclocked Member
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 06:30:06 (permalink)
Bar81

When you clicked pay you made the decision that the product is worth 15 on the terms presented to you which didn't specify the method of shipping.

In any case, if you are a man of such "principle", why didn't you ask evga how they ship before you paid?

Having bought stuff from EVGA in the past it came via different means.

I'm wasting my time here though, Excuse making for rich people, Pathetic.

Bar81
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 06:33:09 (permalink)
Dicehunter
Bar81

Having bought stuff from EVGA in the past it came via different means.

I'm wasting my time here though, Excuse making for rich people, Pathetic.

You're getting way too worked up and nasty about nothing. Enjoy the power link and chill.

JonIrenicus
  • Total Posts : 27
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 10:26:03 (permalink)
Ok, so I received earlier today the powerlink via DHL. 

But, evga never sent me an e-mail, even though I was waiting for one nor i got a tracking number. I' m not complaining, but I find this a bit amateurish.

Anyway, I installed it and now I'm admiring it. 

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro White Window
PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 850W
CPU/ Cooler: i7-4790k/ Cryorig R1 Universal
M/B: MSI z97s Krait
RAM: Kingston 16gb HyperX Fury White
GPU: EVGA gtx 1080 FTW
SSD: Samsung 850 evo 250gb
MONITOR: Dell U2715H
M/ K: Razer Naga/ Logitech G510
HEADSET: Logitech G35
3DJFletch
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 10:31:33 (permalink)
I agree entirely with Dice, I was promoted the "free" powerlink then asked to pay $10 shipping. Given that i had just dropped $650 on a card (to make me eligible for it) it feels like i'm being nickel and dimed.
elee034
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 10:58:57 (permalink)
Any plans to bring this promotion back?
densimon
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 11:58:18 (permalink)

05/11/2016 14:08:331We have received payment for the shipping cost of your PowerLink™(s).
Please allow 1 - 3 business days to ship out your PowerLink™(s).
Please check back later for tracking information.

This still hasn't change, somebody has the same problem?
Maciasex
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 13:16:39 (permalink)
24/11/2016 We have received payment for the shipping cost of your PowerLink™(s).

Still no shipment.
Iwagsz
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 19:16:57 (permalink)
I put my power link on but it raised the temp a couple of degrees due to shutting the air flow off at the back of the card. Anybody seen this with theirs on a 1070?
I'm thinking it may be good to leave a gap for the heat to escape.
NicolaiMoller
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 23:26:13 (permalink)
densimon

05/11/2016 14:08:331
We have received payment for the shipping cost of your PowerLink™(s).

This still hasn't change, somebody has the same problem?

YES!! This is frustrating. EVGA really being di**s about this. When I got the email of "please pay for powerlink shipping", and paid very same moment (almost $20 USD) I was under the impression that this would mean "we are now ready to ship powerlinks using a high cost, quick delivery courier to Denmark".
But I guess that is not the case.... just like in the case of thermal pads... my request for those is so old, but still nothing delivered.

NicolaiMoller
  • Total Posts : 20
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/06 23:35:19 (permalink)
elee034
Any plans to bring this promotion back?

Don't know... but considering the way too high price of that plastic thing, and the ultra slow delivery (and no info/status updates in the meantime), you should look elsewhere to buy it "used".
I'm pretty sure that if you find a person selling it from the other side of the globe from you,
and are shipping it by taping it to the back of a snail... it still arrives way quicker than if you buy it directly from EVGA.

Dicehunter
Superclocked Member
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/07 12:21:45 (permalink)
3DJFletch
I agree entirely with Dice, I was promoted the "free" powerlink then asked to pay $10 shipping. Given that i had just dropped $650 on a card (to make me eligible for it) it feels like i'm being nickel and dimed.

I don't mind paying shipping, That's not what I'm peed off at, I'm annoyed because I was charged £15 or $18 for delivery, Now logically you'd think the delivery would be by way of DPD, DHL etc....as this is how much it costs via other online stores such as Scan, OCUK etc... for delivery but when greeted by a recorded delivery royal mail parcel I was a little miffed considering that a package of this size costs roughly £4-£6 to send via recorded royal mail so £15 is 1 hell of a mark up on delivery charges.

Also apologies to Bar81, I was just very annoyed at EVGA for this blatant price mark up as it's very clear EVGA were just going for the cheapest possible postage and also selling the links at cost.

Guest007
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/07 15:09:41 (permalink)
NicolaiMoller

YES!! This is frustrating. EVGA really being di**s about this. When I got the email of "please pay for powerlink shipping", and paid very same moment (almost $20 USD) I was under the impression that this would mean "we are now ready to ship powerlinks using a high cost, quick delivery courier to Denmark".
But I guess that is not the case.... just like in the case of thermal pads... my request for those is so old, but still nothing delivered.

For better feedback/status updates on the powerlink, we sadly have to visit Komplett.
Recently they changed the date from arriving on the 9th, to arriving on the 16th instead - Date is, of course, unconfirmed by the manufacturer xD
In any case, I feel, it's a better place to get updates than via the status page or the support.

I wrote and inquired about the delivery date, and whether or not it would be possible to get a refund if the powerlink wouldn't arrive on the 9th.
The only response I got was a bot-like message directing me to the status page to check up on the approval-status
.. "The bot" totally overlooked that I had already included both date and time I requested it on, date of approval, date of verification - And I also noted the difference in delivery dates stated in the email, and on the status page.
... As I mentioned it was totally overlooked/ignored.

At least it told me to go rate their service, and gave me an email to a Director where I could voice my unhappiness.
He finally noticed I also asked for a refund, and I have just responded that I'd like them to go ahead and process it.
If I want a powerlink, I can order one for 2£ more than shipping is from EVGA, in the future.

I dread having to contact their CS again, for whatever reason. I will probably direct any emails in the future to either the director or supervisor.
Overall a pretty bad first time experience with EVGA.

I hope you get your powerlink before Christmas Nicolai.
God Jul :)
hobib_ali
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/08 02:50:13 (permalink)
hey guys
this is the info below

RequestDate RequestedPowerLink™sMessage110/4/2016 7:03:12 AM2Your EVGA PowerLink™ has shipped out on 11/21/2016.

theres no tracking info

Ive sent evga 2 emails over the past week and all i get is scripted automated messages saying "please wait" so annoying, some factual information would clear things up

so its been like 3 weeks, do you think something is wrong i.e delivered to the wrong address? 

SAME THING WITH THE THERMAL PADS, NO PADS NO POWER LINKS

no need to shout.

StijnDC
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/08 10:17:31 (permalink)
Still nothing, pfft...

If they can't keep up with shipping the orders, the least they can do is reply in this topic and just tell us.
kuutela
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/08 22:53:32 (permalink)
So, apparently my free Powerlink is finally on its way with DHL and it has a working tracking number  Powerlink destination: Helsinki, Finland.

10/5/2016 - Request made & approved
---- nothing ----
11/24/2016 Shipping payment done & confirmed
---- Awaiting Shipment ----
12/9/2016 status updated to "Your EVGA PowerLink™ has shipped out on 12/8/2016. Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX 

Thank you EVGA.

post edited by kuutela - 2016/12/08 22:56:35

densimon
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/08 23:48:21 (permalink)
Same here,  
12/9/2016 status updated to "Your EVGA PowerLink™ has shipped out on 12/8/2016. Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX 
As well with DHL (To Italy, Verona )
Long wait , but can't wait for it to arrive :)
Thank you EVGA

Dicehunter
Superclocked Member
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/09 00:02:01 (permalink)
kuutela
So, apparently my free Powerlink is finally on its way with DHL and it has a working tracking number  Powerlink destination: Helsinki, Finland.

---- nothing ----

Thank you EVGA.

DHL eh ? I got mine delivered by standard mail that would cost no more than £6 but paid £15 for postage, You can imagine my confusion when the post man came and delivered it, I thought "i paid £15 for standard royal mail what th??" XD
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/12/09 06:13:46

kuutela
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/09 00:07:10 (permalink)
Dicehunter
kuutela

---- nothing ----

Thank you EVGA.

DHL eh ? I got mine delivered by standard mail that would cost no more than £6 but paid £15 for postage, You can imagine my confusion when the post man came and delivered it, I thought "i paid £15 for standard royal mail what th??" XD

To clarify. Yes, DHL is delivering mine and paid 17.99€. However, once the package arrives in Finland, the Finnish Post will take over distribution from DHL. It seems DHL / Finnish Post have some sort of agreement/partnership together.

The last DHL tracking information states: "The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: Posti.fi)"
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/12/09 06:13:03

Dicehunter
Superclocked Member
Re: Buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series, Get EVGA PowerLink, FREE! 2016/12/09 00:18:15 (permalink)
kuutela
To clarify. Yes, DHL is delivering mine and paid 17.99€. However, once the package arrives in Finland, the Finnish Post will take over distribution from DHL. It seems DHL / Finnish Post have some sort of agreement/partnership together.
 The last DHL tracking information states: "The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: Posti.fi)"

See I never got any of that information, I paid the shipping and it then just turned up 1 month later with the status page saying on the day of delivery "your item has shipped" XD

Page: << < ..16171819 > Showing page 17 of 19
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile