EVGA

Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what?

Author
MooCowGal
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/09/23 08:49:46 (permalink)
UPDATE BEGIN -

Very unhappy now, woke up this morning to an email saying i needed to pay for my advanced rma, which is bs because I was told verbally by three people on the phone now that ALL I WOULD NEED TO DO IS WAIT FOR THE CARD THEN RETURN THE OLD ONE IN THE NEW BOX.

They specifically told me I would have to pay nothing due to the situation and I told them I had no card on file or otherwise available they said thats fine, so the response here on the forum is a blatant lie to save face publicly for this horrendous error on evga's part, meanwhile behind the scenes its all impersonal business as usual with the usual one way robo emails telling me to pony up so evga's butt is covered even though the whole affair is squarely their fault - I do not appreciate being lied to, its bad enough that you have people within the company that essentially committing fraud selling broken products as new, but to go on the forums and just bold facedly lie to save your own butts is ... I am so dissapointed in you right now evga.

UPDATE END -

The card arrived looking completely new and had the little  peel off surfaces applied flawlessly, looked 100% legit brand new, later that night, not even having owned the card for a day, I began seeing massive rainbow bloom artifacting at 4k 60 in Dark Souls 3 and ghosting and grainyness, I stopped and checked restarted the rig thinking it was my rig, card was fine for all of 2 hours when it happened again, mind you I had never overclocked the card and my EVGA PSU was far more then needed to run the card + my system, I then started to try different things, First I installed that precision thingy and pushed the overvoltage up by 5%, card stayed stable for about 3 hours, restarted and pushed another 5% card ran fine  about 5 and a half hours then artifacted again- overvolted another 5%
card was ok for 8 hours then artifacted again- last night I pushed it to 20% overvolt and I have been playing Dark Souls 3 all night till now at 4 k 60 with almost no issues save for some weird lines in water in the pit of hollows, now it artifacted again, so I called evga, gave the man my serial and he strangely said "hello mister Travis" I said? who is Travis?, I then explained my situation and it was discovered that someone at EVGA seems to have repackaged a very broken used card and sold it as new, I was that card's unfortunate recipient, The rep told me that it appeared someone was doing a "big no no" IE a favor for a friend or something I am guessing, anyhoo, my card is being replaced via an advanced RMA with overnight shipping ^^ so I will have the new one on Saturday Delivery for my trouble and to send the broken one back in the new box : 3 

It very much bothers me that this was even a possibility and i hope EVGA revises its security and quality control methods so this does not happen to anyone else!

also Thankyou Un-named epic tech support rep : -3 for being awesome and willing to go the extra mile to set things right, I will continue shoppies at EVGA in teh future ^_^!
post edited by MooCowGal - 2016/09/24 07:03:12

15 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/23 09:04:15 (permalink)
    Welcome to the Forum MooCowGal
    What was your process that you took for upgrading your OLD Card to this NEW Card?

Information about your Computer will allow members to help you.
    This info will really help other Forum Members to help you.

Motherboard:
    Make:
    Model:
    Bios Version:
    Is Bios Current Yes or No.

CPU:
    Model:
    Settings:

Memory:
    Make:
    Model:
    Settings:

GPU/Video:
    Make:
    Model:
    Driver Version:
    GPU/Video:
    Make:
    Model:
    Driver Version:
    Monitor:
    Make:
    Model:
    Video Cables Used:
    Type:
    Versions:
    Monitor:
    Make:
    Model:
    Video Cables Used:
    Type:
    Versions:
    TV If Used:
    Make:
    Model:
    Video Cables Used:
    Type:
    Versions:
    PSU:
    Make:
    Model:
    Other PCI/PCIe installed Devices:
    Make:
    Model:
    Slot Number Installed:
    Driver Version:

Other PCI/PCIe installed Devices:
    Make:
    Model:
    Slot Number Installed:
    Driver Version:

Version:
    Service Pack Level:
    Windows/Patch Level:

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2016/09/23 09:07:24

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

EVGATech_JaesonW
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 910
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/23 09:09:00 (permalink)
    Hello MooCowGal, welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry for the confusion and the trouble with your new 1070. I can confirm that this was previously purchased directly from us and returned, and our warehouse confirmed the product was not opened by the previous purchaser. Unfortunately products can very rarely be faulty right out of the box, as appears to be the case here. It's just an unfortunate coincidence that it was bought and returned once before. I've approved your Advanced RMA and made sure it's flagged for a new-in-box replacement, and bumped up the shipping for the inconvenience. 

EVGA Customer Service Manager
    Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    MooCowGal
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/23 09:11:19 (permalink)
    Everything was wiped from all drives and  I installed windows fresh with all latest drivers bios and updates, then and only then did I install the latest proper drivers for the card direct from NVIDIA themselves
    I7 cpu
    16 gigs ddr4
    2 ssds and 1 hdd
    64 bit windows 10 pro
    700 Wat EVGA psu
    everything is connected properly in the case
    MooCowGal
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/23 09:12:30 (permalink)
    thankyou muchies
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/23 09:46:10 (permalink)
    Keep us all Posted!

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

vormicia
    • Total Posts : 78
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/23 21:59:48 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JaesonW

I'm sorry for the confusion and the trouble with your new 1070. I can confirm that this was previously purchased directly from us and returned, and our warehouse confirmed the product was not opened by the previous purchaser. Unfortunately products can very rarely be faulty right out of the box, as appears to be the case here. It's just an unfortunate coincidence that it was bought and returned once before. I've approved your Advanced RMA and made sure it's flagged for a new-in-box replacement, and bumped up the shipping for the inconvenience. 

And this is why we purchase EVGA!! try getting that from MSI LOL

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/23 23:46:28 (permalink)
    vormicia
    EVGATech_JaesonW

And this is why we purchase EVGA!! try getting that from MSI LOL

MSI is decent with their customer service level. It's Asus you have to worry about.

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    MooCowGal
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/24 07:01:11 (permalink)
    UPDATE: Very unhappy now, woke up this morning to an email saying i needed to pay for my advanced rma, which is bs because I was told verbally by three people on the phone now that ALL I WOULD NEED TO DO IS WAIT FOR THE CARD THEN RETURN THE OLD ONE IN THE NEW BOX.

They specifically told me I would have to pay nothing due to the situation and I told them I had no card on file or otherwise available they said thats fine, so the response here on the forum is a blatant lie to save face publicly for this horrendous error on evga's part, meanwhile behind the scenes its all impersonal business as usual with the usual one way robo emails telling me to pony up so evga's butt is covered even though the whole affair is squarely their fault - I do not appreciate being lied to, its bad enough that you have people within the company that essentially committing fraud selling broken products as new, but to go on the forums and just bold facedly lie to save your own butts is ... I am so dissapointed in you right now evga.
    AHowes
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6681
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/24 07:08:53 (permalink)
    Sure it wasn't just a general automated email?

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
    Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
    G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
    EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
    34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
    Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
    ksgnow2010
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 466
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/24 07:18:10 (permalink)
    I would call them on the phone and explain the situation.

I'm sure they will help you out.

I'm also sure you will get better results talking to them in person...as opposed to posting here.  This forum is not moderated by EVGA.
    EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/24 11:30:00 (permalink)
    MooCowGal
    UPDATE: Very unhappy now, woke up this morning to an email saying i needed to pay for my advanced rma, which is bs because I was told verbally by three people on the phone now that ALL I WOULD NEED TO DO IS WAIT FOR THE CARD THEN RETURN THE OLD ONE IN THE NEW BOX.

Hello MooCowGal,

Thank you for taking my call,  as per our phone conversation I have gone ahead and taken care of the concerns you had with your Advanced RMA request.  I also apologize for any miscommunication there may have been during your previous phone conversation with your Support Techs.  I will make sure to follow up with each of them personally to clarify this concerns with them, so they do not happen again.  Once again, thank you for being a loyal EVGA customer and should you have any further questions or concerns, you can feel free to contact me.

_Eddie
    post edited by EVGATech_EddieH - 2016/09/24 11:38:18
    AHowes
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6681
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/24 11:38:12 (permalink)
    That's a solid!!

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
    Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
    G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
    EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
    34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
    Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
    MooCowGal
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/25 05:25:37 (permalink)
    thankyou again ^^ here's hoping i'm being told the truth this time : p
    EVGATech_DavidR
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 318
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/25 06:20:48 (permalink)
    MooCowGal
    thankyou again ^^ here's hoping i'm being told the truth this time : p

Hello MooCowGal,

I went ahead and double checked your request and I can assure you that the Advanced RMA is in progress and there is no reason for you to do anything else at this point, until you have received the replacement. At that point, you will only need to ship the original product back, using the included prepaid shipping label.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our team by phone at (888)881-3842 or via email at Support@EVGA.com

Thank You

irenicus785
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 161
    Re: Bought the GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 NEW yesterday direct from EVGA.com - Guess what 2016/09/26 07:58:54 (permalink)
    ksgnow2010
    I would call them on the phone and explain the situation.

I'm sure they will help you out.

I'm also sure you will get better results talking to them in person...as opposed to posting here.  This forum is not moderated by EVGA.

From experience, I want to just say this is the *worst* way to get immediate 'help/answers and hash-out RMA' difficulties.

The forums [EVGA mods] and the EVGA Chat [the EVGA homepage] is the *BEST* way for faster and more accurate results.

I found that by calling EVGA, although folk are very-polite, they have literally *zero* answers and can't reassure that anything they do will work out.

However, you throw a question or complaint on here, and users/mods and armies of people help and get things moving immediately.

12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 7:44:34 AM PT Yes

CPU ~Intel 12700k (no OC)
    RAM: Corsair Dominator 5600

CASE: Cosair 680X Crystal (glass/high airflow)
    GPU ~EVGA 3080ti FTW3

PSU ~EVGA 1000 WATT Sli/Ready
    MOBO ~ASUS Strix Gaming E [Z690]
    Monitors ACER Predator Gsync 144hz 1440p
    OS ~ Windows 11 Pro
    AIO: corsair capellix h115i 280mm

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile