Battlefield Hardline, comes with "Ghastly DRM"

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
ManBearPig
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6130
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: Battlefield Hardline, comes with "Ghastly DRM" 2015/03/29 21:40:40 (permalink)
And what are these services that Steam has or value?  I know it's not customer support which should be the most important thing when all Valve does is it's DRM these days.

way2faded
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3077
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Battlefield Hardline, comes with "Ghastly DRM" 2015/03/30 10:43:19 (permalink)
LouisvilleXV
This isn't true. See here:

http://www.pcgamer.com/ba...e-an-activation-limit/

likely OP knew that already.  EA was doing similar things over 6 years ago, then all you had to do was callin to get your key reset for activation. but OP never passes on an opportunity to hate on EA or one of their products. he has 0 credibility in my eyes. 
post edited by way2faded - 2015/03/30 11:00:33
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7220
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: Battlefield Hardline, comes with "Ghastly DRM" 2015/03/30 16:53:31 (permalink)
way2faded
LouisvilleXV

likely OP knew that already.  EA was doing similar things over 6 years ago, then all you had to do was callin to get your key reset for activation. but OP never passes on an opportunity to hate on EA or one of their products. he has 0 credibility in my eyes. 

And where is your credibility, coming in here and stating that someone has no credibility... clap, clap, clap...

If I recall, I posted this thread with a quote and link from Guru3d... I guess you are saying they have no credibility then? This was more of an informal thread than anything, but thanks for taking the opportunity to throw in a personal insult while adding nothing. BTW, the PC Gamer article, for anyone that has followed this story would already know, was posted several hours after Guru3d posted their article. So, yes, I wouldn't have seen the PC Gamer article before posting this.  
post edited by chrisdglong - 2015/03/30 16:57:14
LouisvilleXV
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1504
Re: Battlefield Hardline, comes with "Ghastly DRM" 2015/03/30 17:02:32 (permalink)
chrisdglong
LouisvilleXV
chrisdglong
LouisvilleXV

Oh, so it is Origin that is limiting activations, that makes it so much better.... This means it is ALL Origin games now... 

The only people affected by this are either people running benchmarks, or those sharing accounts (which is essentially piracy).

I don't see the problem at all; it's only hurting like 0.000000001% of legitimate users.

Again, even if you don't have a problem with it, wouldn't you like this information upfront so you can decide for yourself? 

It affects such a tiny part of their audience that they didn't bother. Are you affected by this? If not, we might as well be arguing about high gas prices in Madagascar or something.

Intel i5 4690k @ 4.2 | EVGA GTX 980 SC | Gigabyte Z97X-SLI | 8GB G.Skill Ares | EVGA 600B | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Black | EVGA Torq X10 | Corsair K70 | Windows 8.1 Professional
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Battlefield Hardline, comes with "Ghastly DRM" 2015/03/30 17:07:48 (permalink)
LouisvilleXV
chrisdglong
LouisvilleXV
chrisdglong
LouisvilleXV

Oh, so it is Origin that is limiting activations, that makes it so much better.... This means it is ALL Origin games now... 

The only people affected by this are either people running benchmarks, or those sharing accounts (which is essentially piracy).

I don't see the problem at all; it's only hurting like 0.000000001% of legitimate users.

Again, even if you don't have a problem with it, wouldn't you like this information upfront so you can decide for yourself? 

It affects such a tiny part of their audience that they didn't bother. Are you affected by this? If not, we might as well be arguing about high gas prices in Madagascar or something.

I really don't care, personally. However, like I said before, this thread was informative. There was a Guru3d article on it, I posted it... End of story. I do think people should know how Origin works so they do not get a surprise if they hit the limit for whatever reason. It sounds like it is only a 24 hour lockout though. Which 5 activations every 24 hour and then you are locked out for 24 hours... not a big issue for me, but maybe for others. Some people are just bothered by any DRM. I am only bothered by some forms, like Securom, Tages, activation limits that you have to call the company when you run out, services that you have to wonder if your game will work again after they shut down... Like GFWL... Yeah, there is a lot of DRM out there that gets me a bit worried/put off by. 
post edited by chrisdglong - 2015/03/30 17:10:23
lastsamurairick
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2419
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Battlefield Hardline, comes with "Ghastly DRM" 2015/04/05 05:38:13 (permalink)
chrisdglong
way2faded
LouisvilleXV

And where is your credibility, coming in here and stating that someone has no credibility... clap, clap, clap...

If I recall, I posted this thread with a quote and link from Guru3d... I guess you are saying they have no credibility then? This was more of an informal thread than anything, but thanks for taking the opportunity to throw in a personal insult while adding nothing. BTW, the PC Gamer article, for anyone that has followed this story would already know, was posted several hours after Guru3d posted their article. So, yes, I wouldn't have seen the PC Gamer article before posting this.  

chrisdglong
way2faded
LouisvilleXV

I read the pcgamer article it says it all. why complain.

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
  EVGA Z490 Dark 
  EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
  G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
  EVGA 1000G5
chrisdglong
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: Battlefield Hardline, comes with "Ghastly DRM" 2015/04/06 01:26:28 (permalink)
lastsamurairick
chrisdglong
way2faded
LouisvilleXV

chrisdglong
way2faded
LouisvilleXV

I read the pcgamer article it says it all. why complain.

Again, idiot, the Guru3d article was posted before the Pcgamer article... However, Origin still limits activations.... Idiot... 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile