EVGA

Helpful ReplyAustralian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker

Author
pixxelpusher
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/01/31 17:28:33 (permalink)
Hello, I need to RMA a dead GTX980 from Australia and since we're classed as "Asia" all communication is through Taiwan (they speak Chinese and the language barrier isn't so good). I've somehow stupidly lost the sticker on the card, it's probably fallen off and I've accidentally vacuumed it up or something, and I've only just noticed this when I've gone to pack up the card. I do have the original box with the sticker on there, and the card is registered on the site. This is the email I've got from Taiwan:

Dear Customer
1. Yes, you may still send the card with the original box together (original box but won't be return).
2. Please send the product to Taiwan office for replacement/repair without accessories (manuals/cables).
3. We will recommend send RMA through post office, since the postage will be cheaper.

So I just wanted to double check this is all going to be ok? before I post it off. It's going to cost a lot to sent it to Taiwan (about US$100) so I'd hate for it to get there only to have them send it back due to the missing sticker. Should I print out the email communication I've had with them and include it as well?
post edited by pixxelpusher - 2016/01/31 17:29:47
EVGATech_JaesonW
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 910
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/01 06:34:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pixxelpusher 2016/02/01 07:26:11
The response is correct, we typically allow you to send in the serial number from the box with the card if you've lost the sticker off the card. You shouldn't have any issues with your RMA because of this. If you do, please do let us know and we'll be happy to help.

EVGA Customer Service Manager
Have a moment? Please rate our service 
pixxelpusher
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/01 07:28:41 (permalink)
EVGATech_JaesonW
The response is correct, we typically allow you to send in the serial number from the box with the card if you've lost the sticker off the card. You shouldn't have any issues with your RMA because of this. If you do, please do let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks Jaeson that's great to hear! I'm going to post the card tomorrow and will update how I go with the RMA. Looking forward to getting my replacement as it was such a great video card.
pixxelpusher
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/07 19:53:47 (permalink)
Ok looks like my parcel has reached Taiwan and there have been 3 attempted deliveries:

Mon 08 Feb 2016 08:07     Attempted Delivery     TW-235, TAIWAN
Sun 07 Feb 2016 12:07     Attempted Delivery     TW-235, TAIWAN
Sun 07 Feb 2016 08:51     Attempted Delivery     TW-235, TAIWAN

Could this be due to the Chinese New Year, i.e nobody's at the location?
I've tried emailing them with no reply yet. Should I be worried? (I hope it doesn't get redirected back to me – or go missing!).

Does anyone from the Taiwan Support Centre come on here who could help out?

post edited by pixxelpusher - 2016/02/07 19:59:02
pixxelpusher
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/09 06:11:13 (permalink)
Ok now 4 attempted deliveries of my RMA!

Attempted Delivery   8:15am Tue 9 Feb     TW-235, TAIWAN 
Attempted Delivery   8:07am Mon 8 Feb    TW-235, TAIWAN 
Attempted Delivery   12:07pm Sun 7 Feb   TW-235, TAIWAN 
Attempted Delivery   8:51am Sun 7 Feb     TW-235, TAIWAN

Can someone on here from EVGA please get in contact with the Taiwan office and see what is going on?
pixxelpusher
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/09 07:08:05 (permalink)
Ok I decided to write to the US support email and got a prompt reply. Looks like they're having the whole week off in Asia which is why nobody is at the office: http://au.evga.com/holiday/2016/
Just wish I was informed of this when I put the RMA through. Still seems odd that the couriers are trying to deliver it every day, when in that weblink at the bottom it says any deliveries "will be held by the shipping couriers and will be scheduled for delivery on or after February 15th".
Just hope they send a replacement quick once they do get back in the office.
post edited by pixxelpusher - 2016/02/09 07:09:40
Links_NZ
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/09 17:31:06 (permalink)
pixxelpusher
Ok I decided to write to the US support email and got a prompt reply. Looks like they're having the whole week off in Asia which is why nobody is at the office: http://au.evga.com/holiday/2016/
Just wish I was informed of this when I put the RMA through. Still seems odd that the couriers are trying to deliver it every day, when in that weblink at the bottom it says any deliveries "will be held by the shipping couriers and will be scheduled for delivery on or after February 15th".
Just hope they send a replacement quick once they do get back in the office.

Hey mate, sorry for jumping in on your thread. Assuming my RMA is approved, I too will be required to ship my 980ti to the Taiwan office from here in NZ. I'm just curious as to whether or not you were required to pay any customs/duty fees in order to get your GPU over there?

Cheers.
pixxelpusher
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/09 20:14:48 (permalink)
Links_NZ

Hey mate, sorry for jumping in on your thread. Assuming my RMA is approved, I too will be required to ship my 980ti to the Taiwan office from here in NZ. I'm just curious as to whether or not you were required to pay any customs/duty fees in order to get your GPU over there?
Cheers.

Hey, no probs mate. No I didn't have to pay any customs / duty fee to send it over (and really hope I don't have to pay any when it comes back).
Cost around $80 AUD to send it there, including tracking and insurance. I went with the cheapest option AusPost offers but there were more expensive options that would have been double that. Good luck with it. I'll keep posting how I go with mine.
Links_NZ
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/09 22:31:43 (permalink)
pixxelpusher
Links_NZ

Cheers.

Hey, no probs mate. No I didn't have to pay any customs / duty fee to send it over (and really hope I don't have to pay any when it comes back).
Cost around $80 AUD to send it there, including tracking and insurance. I went with the cheapest option AusPost offers but there were more expensive options that would have been double that. Good luck with it. I'll keep posting how I go with mine.

Cheers, would be handy to hear how the process goes. The possible customs fees upon return of the Gpu worry me as well. It's only a couple of months old and cost over $1100NZD. Would hate to push that price even higher!

I'm thinking of perhaps just returning the card to the reseller I purchased it off and making use of their RMA system instead. However, I've heard so highly of EVGA's customer support (and have experienced it first hand in the past week or so) that I decided to go ahead and contact them first. Also, it's quite possible that they'd have me ship the card directly to EVGA anyway, rendering the process moot.

Oh well, we'll see how it unfolds over the next few weeks. Thanks for help dude!

pixxelpusher
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/10 00:38:45 (permalink)
Links_NZ

Cheers, would be handy to hear how the process goes. The possible customs fees upon return of the Gpu worry me as well. It's only a couple of months old and cost over $1100NZD. Would hate to push that price even higher!

I'm thinking of perhaps just returning the card to the reseller I purchased it off and making use of their RMA system instead. However, I've heard so highly of EVGA's customer support (and have experienced it first hand in the past week or so) that I decided to go ahead and contact them first. Also, it's quite possible that they'd have me ship the card directly to EVGA anyway, rendering the process moot.

Oh well, we'll see how it unfolds over the next few weeks. Thanks for help dude!

Yeah I know how you feel, these are some expensive cards. Really wish EVGA had an office that was a bit more local, would make these things a lot easier. Or offer pre-paid shipping on cards that fail in the first year - it's a pretty hefty cost to pay on a new item. But I've heard really good things about them too so I'll just see. I'm just a little annoyed that mine's still sitting in some warehouse somewhere waiting to be delivered. Oh well. Feel free to post how you go with yours.
pixxelpusher
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/15 16:25:43 (permalink)
Card finally delivered to Taiwan!
Delivered    2:28pm Mon 15 Feb     TW-235, TAIWAN

Took 3 days to get there from Aus, then sat waiting to be delivered for 9 days... lesson learned, never post to Asia during Chinese New Year!

Really hope I get my replacement soon, 2 weeks without it has been torture.
pixxelpusher
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/18 01:33:59 (permalink)
Ok so 3 day's after the card being delivered to the Taiwan office and I have now been emailed a shipping notification from TNT that my replacement is on the way! Not bad turnaround.

Only thing is, I've gone to my open RMA in the support link to see if there's any more info (card that's being sent) and the RMA is no longer there? Is this normal, for the info to be deleted?
post edited by pixxelpusher - 2016/02/18 01:35:39
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102263
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/18 02:03:10 (permalink)
pixxelpusher
Ok so 3 day's after the card being delivered to the Taiwan office and I have now been emailed a shipping notification from TNT that my replacement is on the way! Not bad turnaround.

Only thing is, I've gone to my open RMA in the support link to see if there's any more info (card that's being sent) and the RMA is no longer there? Is this normal, for the info to be deleted?

I think the important thing here is that you have a shipping notification and hopefully a tracking number.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

pixxelpusher
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/18 02:10:24 (permalink)
rjohnson11

I think the important thing here is that you have a shipping notification and hopefully a tracking number.

Yes thanks, have both shipping notification and tracking details. Just find it odd that the info is wiped off my account, thought it would be left there as a reference.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/18 03:08:28 (permalink)
Make sure you check support tickets as well as your product list. They close the "Open RMA ", but the information is still on your profile. It's just in a different location.
pixxelpusher
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/18 03:24:32 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Make sure you check support tickets as well as your product list. They close the "Open RMA ", but the information is still on your profile. It's just in a different location.

Ok thanks. I've just looked through all the links under Support and have found it under the "EVGA RMA" bit. Didn't realise I had to click "Continue" to get the info, as I thought that would start a new RMA.

Well it says there that "Part Number Out: 04G-P4-2983-KR" which is the same version as my original card. Here's hoping it's correct!
BrandonS
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 678
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/18 07:10:15 (permalink)
That's normal. Once the RMA replacement is shipped it is no longer considered an open RMA, since we've received your card and sent out the other. If you have any other questions, please send an e-mail to supportTW@evga.com or call +886.2.82262868. 
pixxelpusher
Re: Australian RMA + Lost Serial Sticker 2016/02/23 05:57:22 (permalink)
Just a quick update, the replacement card arrived on Monday and all seems good so far!! They sent the exact same model that I originally had, have only been using it for a few hours but it's working a treat. Am going to give it a few weeks, do some stress tests and will report back, but for now I'm extremely happy.

Big thanks to everyone at EVGA who helped out!! Was pretty nervous sending the card away, but the support and service provided has been great.

As a recap: Took 3 days to get to Taiwan from Aus using Australia Post Express Post International ($80 inc insurance). Took 3 days for the service centre to do their thing. Then took 4 days to arrive back to Aus from Taiwan. So 10 days turnaround (including weekends). Just avoid sending during Chinese New Year like I did, as that added 9 extra days of sitting around, whilst my hair slowly started to go grey :)
post edited by pixxelpusher - 2016/02/23 05:59:10
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile