EVGA

Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
scgt1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 826
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2016/08/24 11:15:37 (permalink)
More times then not there are promos for free games with new cards and higher end cards but you usually have to know who is doing it and where to register your card to receive it. Does anyone know of any availability of something like this currently?

Heatware scgt1
ebay scgt1
EDGE

38 Replies Related Threads

MikeBGeyer
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 343
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 12:10:00 (permalink)
    EVGA is offering free game with 1080 purchase. Just popped up. FTW is only card avail currently.
    CoercionShaman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1788
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 12:20:48 (permalink)
    MikeBGeyer
    EVGA is offering free game with 1080 purchase. Just popped up. FTW is only card avail currently.

Are you talking about Paragon? If so, that is an ingame bundle. You still have to buy the game to use it and your card had to be purchased no sooner than yesterday.

If I'm wrong, someone please advise.
    post edited by CoercionShaman - 2016/08/24 12:26:13

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?~Stobaeus
    MikeBGeyer
    iCX Member
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 12:26:35 (permalink)
    EVGA the FREE GAME ad is VERY misleading. I am very disappointed. What happened to what you see is what you get. Cause what I see is a FREE GAME.
    CoercionShaman
    FTW Member
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 12:29:09 (permalink)
    It's an NVIDIA promotion, but yeah. I think after looking Paragon is free to play, so it's stuff that would have been a micro transaction otherwise.
    post edited by CoercionShaman - 2016/08/24 12:34:13

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 13:46:39 (permalink)
    MikeBGeyer
    EVGA the FREE GAME ad is VERY misleading. I am very disappointed. What happened to what you see is what you get. Cause what I see is a FREE GAME.

Yeah, Nvidia promotion.. Not EVGA. might want to look further before pointing the finger.
    MikeBGeyer
    iCX Member
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 13:52:02 (permalink)
    Actually EVGA is still endorsing the promotion which is the same a promoting it themselves.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 13:58:39 (permalink)
    MikeBGeyer
    Actually EVGA is still endorsing the promotion which is the same a promoting it themselves.

That's a joke right?

Nvidia, evga, Asus, MSI, gigabyte, zotac, Amazon, Newegg, ncix, or.. Just basically every daughter company and retailer that makes or sells Nvidia hardware is "running this promotion". Aka, Nvidia said "here is your codes for in game content, add that as a promotion" and the companies did so. Evga isn't endorsing anything, they are doing what they are told. You as a consumer are required to read the terms and conditions that are bluntly and plainly laid out for you.
    MikeBGeyer
    iCX Member
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 14:15:14 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    MikeBGeyer

That's a joke right?

Nvidia, evga, Asus, MSI, gigabyte, zotac, Amazon, Newegg, ncix, or.. Just basically every daughter company and retailer that makes or sells Nvidia hardware is "running this promotion". Aka, Nvidia said "here is your codes for in game content, add that as a promotion" and the companies did so. Evga isn't endorsing anything, they are doing what they are told. You as a consumer are required to read the terms and conditions that are bluntly and plainly laid out for you.

I'm not going to argue ethics with you a free game and free in game content are completely different and it should be clearly labeled this way. Even if it's what EVGA has been told to do. Also MSI has it listed as in game content so they must have some leave way into advertisement. These ads are designed buy million dollar ad campaigns an lawyers in fine print which puts consumers at a huge disadvantage. They should be clearly labeled and easily understood without having to read the fine print or sales catch. Why not make it simple for once instead of misleading people into getting something they are not. Why can't the promo simply say FREE IN GAME CONTENT. How hard would that be. I loose all kinds of respect when a company has to play games in order to get people to buy there products. That all I have to say about the issue. You wont sway my beliefs so say what you will.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 14:42:03 (permalink)
    MikeBGeyer
    Scarlet-Tech
    MikeBGeyer

That's a joke right?

I'm not going to argue ethics with you a free game and free in game content are completely different and it should be clearly labeled this way. Even if it's what EVGA has been told to do. Also MSI has it listed as in game content so they must have some leave way into advertisement. These ads are designed buy million dollar ad campaigns an lawyers in fine print which puts consumers at a huge disadvantage. They should be clearly labeled and easily understood without having to read the fine print or sales catch. Why not make it simple for once instead of misleading people into getting something they are not. Why can't the promo simply say FREE IN GAME CONTENT. How hard would that be. I loose all kinds of respect when a company has to play games in order to get people to buy there products. That all I have to say about the issue. You wont sway my beliefs so say what you will.

Excuse me?  Ethics? what is that underline in Magenta? Maybe you should read the title of the promotion.  This is straight from EVGA. Also, MSI, NVIDIA, newegg, etc All of them use the EXACT same banner and exact same promo page, minus the purchase and redemption details.  I think you are really upset about not reading the headline properly.

This is the NVidia Banner. They all use the EXACT same one... so.. You saying MSI had leeway with the banner is unfortunately incorrect.  

For the easy viewing to see they all use the same promo page.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/paragon-bundle

http://event.msicomputer.com/ParagonBundle/index.html

http://www.evga.com/articles/01045/paragon-bundle/

www.Newegg.com type in 1080 and look at the search bar..  they ALL say in game content.

Had to remove ASUS and Amazon, ASUS doesn't sell their own cards apparently and Amazon isn't advertising the promotion yet, so I was wrong.  

post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/08/24 15:27:24

Attached Image(s)

MikeBGeyer
    iCX Member
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 15:52:52 (permalink)
    Again the little banner next to all the 1080's on the product page says free game. It's misleading to me and others regardless of how you feel.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 16:05:37 (permalink)
    I have brought that to the attention of EVGA.  Everywhere, except in the product page, is shows in game content.  I will see if they can get that corrected ASAP.  My Apologies to you for not understanding that it was only in the product page that it shows this.  These advertisements are clickable and users should DEFINITELY click BEFORE they buy.  Why? Because it will explain how to redeem the  free content.  

*Edit* just realized that you never mentioned the banner on the product page before your last post, so that was where the misunderstanding was coming in.  Definitely helps for figuring out what you are talking about versus seeing the banners that are properly labeled.

post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/08/24 16:12:00

Attached Image(s)

trilegdog
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 307
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 16:35:00 (permalink)
    Went through a bag of popcorn on those posts.  Good job!  

Asus Formula VIII, i7-6700k, Tt Riing 360 AIO, 16GB Corsair Dom/Plat 3K,
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti Black step-up, SS 850 Pro 512, 2xWD Blk 2TB, EVGA P2 1000w,
    Dual Boot Win7Pro64 /Win10Pro, Tt Core X-9, SS2693HM 1900x1200, Fuzzy Dice

6181-KR Step-Up began 29 June, queue hit 29 Aug = 62 days
    RMA 980Ti SC+ to EVGA 31 Aug. Recvd by EVGA 10:41 am 2 Sep
    UPS track # issued 8 Sep - delivered 13 Sep 2:54 PM EST
    HYBRID AIO 400-HY-5188-B1 Ordered 8 July - Recvd 15 July

EVGA 780i, E8400, 8GB OCZ (4x2), XPpro/Vista64
    EVGA 8800 GTS G92 512 SLI (2), OCZ900MXS PS
    EVGA 7950 KO SLI
    lead, follow, or get out of the way

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 16:48:50 (permalink)
    trilegdog

:-P Glad we can entertain. 
    EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 17:29:14 (permalink)
    We do apologize for any confusion, we have updated the graphics on the store page. 
    Please keep mind that this is indeed an Nvidia sponsored promotion. In order to to receive the promotion directly from EVGA, purchases must be made directly through EVGA's online store. 
    For purchases outside of EVGA.com, then it would be the responsibility of that retailer to provide you with the promotion. 

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/24 17:42:24 (permalink)
    trilegdog

Sacrilege! Eating popcorn out of a bag...how gauche! 

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

scgt1
    SSC Member
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/25 03:54:56 (permalink)
    I can't believe the pc "society" is succumbing to the FTP genre and companies are now stooping to give away content for said games vs giving a aaa title game like has been done for so many years. Such a shame. The sheep that pay into the FTP genre is what keeps allowing this type of game to replace real actual games of the past. The majority of these sheep don't sit down and realize what kind of cash they are dumping into these types of games.

It's only $7.99. It's only $10. It's only $3.99............ Until they have dumped $75 into one game that was FTP 3 months later. It's the micro transactions that add up big time over the span of playing the game. It's a never ending cycle that dumps money into the game developers pockets and shows other companies that this works. So it's just rinse and repeat all over again with a different developer/publisher combo or what ever releasing yet another FTP title riddled with micro transactions instead of a good solid full game.

Side note and off topic... Anyone else not get email notifications of new posts or rarely get them even though subscribed?
    This has been going on since the forum changed.
    post edited by scgt1 - 2016/08/25 03:57:52

Heatware scgt1
    ebay scgt1
    EDGE

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/25 06:38:16 (permalink)
    scgt1

Side note and off topic... Anyone else not get email notifications of new posts or rarely get them even though subscribed?

My notifications stop after the first notice. If someone posts after the first notice and I delete it, I don't receive anymore. Other than that, they come in normal usually.
    scgt1
    SSC Member
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/25 08:45:30 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    scgt1

My notifications stop after the first notice. If someone posts after the first notice and I delete it, I don't receive anymore. Other than that, they come in normal usually.

I don't even get that. I have to bookmark pages and keep coming back to find 10-15 new posts. LOL Guess maybe changing my email address to see if that fixes it.

UGH I can't even do that. The ability to change my email under my control panel is a non changeable option. :-( I've checked the blocked addresses etc and EVGA isn't one of them so I don't know what the deal is. It's been ever since the forum changed a month or so ago.
    post edited by scgt1 - 2016/08/25 08:48:01

Heatware scgt1
    ebay scgt1
    EDGE

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18916
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/25 09:13:55 (permalink)
    scgt1
    I can't believe the pc "society" is succumbing to the FTP genre and companies are now stooping to give away content for said games vs giving a aaa title game like has been done for so many years. Such a shame. The sheep that pay into the FTP genre is what keeps allowing this type of game to replace real actual games of the past. The majority of these sheep don't sit down and realize what kind of cash they are dumping into these types of games.

It's only $7.99. It's only $10. It's only $3.99............ Until they have dumped $75 into one game that was FTP 3 months later. It's the micro transactions that add up big time over the span of playing the game. It's a never ending cycle that dumps money into the game developers pockets and shows other companies that this works. So it's just rinse and repeat all over again with a different developer/publisher combo or what ever releasing yet another FTP title riddled with micro transactions instead of a good solid full game.

While I agree it sucks for end users, it is the business model many game developers have adapted. Why? Because it makes them the most money and a longer lasting revenue stream, and that's all it comes down to. Money is why they exist (with a few exceptions of course). On the flip side, it does keep some games continually morphing into better versions of themselves and not just dying out. Yes, they should release a complete game from the start definitely, many still do and then improve on it, unfortunately others abuse that and release games that are basically 'lite' versions (or worse yet, beta versions), and then you pay to fill them out to what they were meant to be. That I do not appreciate.

post edited by Nereus - 2016/08/25 09:16:10

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

scgt1
    SSC Member
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/26 01:46:21 (permalink)
    Nereus
    scgt1

While I agree it sucks for end users, it is the business model many game developers have adapted. Why? Because it makes them the most money and a longer lasting revenue stream, and that's all it comes down to. Money is why they exist (with a few exceptions of course). On the flip side, it does keep some games continually morphing into better versions of themselves and not just dying out. Yes, they should release a complete game from the start definitely, many still do and then improve on it, unfortunately others abuse that and release games that are basically 'lite' versions (or worse yet, beta versions), and then you pay to fill them out to what they were meant to be. That I do not appreciate.

Oh you mean Destiny and Star Wars Battlefront. LOL

This offer is one I would appreciate unlike the offer for the 1080 http://www.geforce.com/16FALLINDIEBUNDLE. Those are actual games and I have a buddy that's bugging the hell out of me about Dead By Daylight so it would be perfect.

Heatware scgt1
    ebay scgt1
    EDGE

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18916
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/08/27 15:31:24 (permalink)

Here's the Paragon open beta launch video. Looks nice. Set it to 1080p and full screen it. Not DX12 btw.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

scgt1
    SSC Member
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/09/19 03:49:09 (permalink)
    So Geforce gives a couple bucks worth of premium content for a FTP game. AMD gives BF1. Yep I feel shafted. Especially when people can spend $279 and get BF1. I along with plenty of other people have spent around $680 and we get the content for Paragon. LOL SMH

Heatware scgt1
    ebay scgt1
    EDGE

ianfinity
    • Total Posts : 33
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/09/19 04:06:01 (permalink)
    The 900 series had some good stuff for game promotions... I remember having a choice between The Crew, Far Cry 4 or Assassin's Creed (the french revolution one?) [of course I chose FC4]. And I think there was a Metal Gear V Phantom Pain promo going on too.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/09/19 04:37:26 (permalink)
    scgt1
    So Geforce gives a couple bucks worth of premium content for a FTP game. AMD gives BF1. Yep I feel shafted. Especially when people can spend $279 and get BF1. I along with plenty of other people have spent around $680 and we get the content for Paragon. LOL SMH

AMD and battlefield have been a team for years. Nvidia doesn't have much of a foot hold with Battlefield, so why would they give out someone else's "product"?
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/09/19 04:40:23
    CoercionShaman
    FTW Member
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/09/19 05:43:42 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    scgt1

AMD and battlefield have been a team for years. Nvidia doesn't have much of a foot hold with Battlefield, so why would they give out someone else's "product"?

Not to mention that the NVIDIA cards are already selling.  AMD needs the help.

ARMYguy
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1050
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/09/19 08:40:21 (permalink)
    As far as i have paid attention, AMD/ATI always had better game bundles than nvidia, so this is nothing new.

Asus Strix Z790 F - Intel 13700 K - Gigabyte 4090 Windforce - 32gb DDR 5 - 1TB Samsung SSD 850 evo - Windows 10 Pro - 1TB Samsung M.2 860 - Inland 2 TB NVMe - Acer Predator X27
    scgt1
    SSC Member
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/09/19 21:10:38 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    scgt1

I don't believe I stated we should get BF1. My point was they are getting a "FULL" game as a thank you for spending a fraction of what we are here on the Nvidia side. We get chump changed into toss away content for a Free to Play game. Frankly it would have been nice for them to give out a AAA upcoming or at least within the past year (2016) Nvidia driven game. They used to offer a game card with a choice on it as another member mentioned that had an actual decent selection to it.

Instead they shove this pay to play/win content for a FTP game at us and say thanks for spending all that money on our product. Sure they don't even have to run promotions but to have so many in the past that have actually delivered something that would make most people happy they run this promotion instead. :-/
    post edited by scgt1 - 2016/09/19 21:13:30

Heatware scgt1
    ebay scgt1
    EDGE

CoercionShaman
    FTW Member
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/09/20 06:57:34 (permalink)

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Are there any hidden free game promos out there for the GTX 10 series cards? 2016/09/20 08:28:37 (permalink)
    scgt1
    I don't believe I stated we should get BF1. My point was they are getting a "FULL" game as a thank you for spending a fraction of what we are here on the Nvidia side. We get chump changed into toss away content for a Free to Play game. Frankly it would have been nice for them to give out a AAA upcoming or at least within the past year (2016) Nvidia driven game. They used to offer a game card with a choice on it as another member mentioned that had an actual decent selection to it.

Instead they shove this pay to play/win content for a FTP game at us and say thanks for spending all that money on our product. Sure they don't even have to run promotions but to have so many in the past that have actually delivered something that would make most people happy they run this promotion instead. :-/

Multiple people around the forum actually asked for BF1 and asked why it wouldn't be included, so that was why I responded that way.

CoercionShaman provided a good link above. Gears is way better than battlefield anyway.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile