EVGA

An increasingly bad Experience with EVGA and the 970 FTW+

Author
Voytekk
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/10/06 14:08:47 (permalink)
I chose EVGA as the GPU for my first ever build because of their reputation for good customer service and that has been the case so far.  However my main source of interaction with a company should be through the use of it's products  not talking to the polite customer service rep and EVGA's product has done nothing but disappoint me. I had my card less than 6 months before one day my machine crashes, i restart it and happen to look through the side panel only to see a small plume of smoke coming out of my GPU. And before you ask I have a quality power supply and I have tested the voltage - it was definitely the card. I submit an RMA, pay $26 dollars shipping, wait TWO weeks until last night I get the package, open it and immediately notice damage on the card's vents. The packing box it came in was unmarked, as was the plastic retainer the card was housed in.  Not only is are there visible damage to the card but it now has an extremely loud coil whine which my previous card did not. The replacement EVGA sent me for one of their products that failed on its own, is a refurbished second hand item that obviously saw zero quality control before it was sent out.

I understand that the 970 FTW + is not the flagship card but it was certainly not cheap. The very least that EVGA could have done was send me a new card and not a refurb. Now I will have to go through the RMA process again and frankly if I could get a refund I would take it. They say that first impressions are everything and EVGA has certainly made a lasting one on me. 
post edited by Voytekk - 2015/10/06 16:41:10

5 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: An increasingly bad Experience with EVGA and the 970 FTW+ 2015/10/06 14:27:55 (permalink)
    Hello Voytekk, 

I do apologize for any inconveniences you have had during the RMA process and with your replacement. I can assure you that we are here to assist you and provide a working replacement. I see that you had already contacted our support team and it appears we are currently awaiting some images from you so that we can forward it to our RMA department team to review. 
    If you have any concerns or questions please do not hesitate to contact our Support Team at 888-881-3842 who are available 24/7.

Regards,
    EVGA

Voytekk
    Re: An increasingly bad Experience with EVGA and the 970 FTW+ 2015/10/06 14:35:16 (permalink)
    Thank you for the Reply Jamesl. The email address I was provided by the support line was support@evga. I sent the images yesterday and awaiting a reply.
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2033
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: An increasingly bad Experience with EVGA and the 970 FTW+ 2015/10/06 16:09:32 (permalink)
    Dear Voytekk,

I can confirm that I have checked all of our incoming messages and I am not showing any emails received to support@evga.com from your email address since March.  If you can please send me the images directly at chrisb@evga.com and I will have this process expedited to support you.

I assure you that we take RMA replacement quality very seriously and all RMA products are inspected prior to shipping.  I will be awaiting your response. 
    post edited by EVGATech_ChrisB - 2015/10/06 16:11:58

Voytekk
    Re: An increasingly bad Experience with EVGA and the 970 FTW+ 2015/10/06 16:38:07 (permalink)
    I have emailed the pictures to you Chris and James. Thank you again for the quick responses.
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2033
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: An increasingly bad Experience with EVGA and the 970 FTW+ 2015/10/06 17:43:28 (permalink)
    Voytekk,

I can confirm that I usually receive emails quickly, but I am not showing any new emails from you at this time.  Can you possibly send me your email with just one picture attached at one time to see if it might be a email service restrictions blocking these emails?

I will be awaiting your email.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile