EVGA

ATTENTION TO SLI USER's - Why EVGA wants to fooling me RMA'ing my GTX 460 SC SLI ??

Author
Macten643
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/05/31 14:37:52 (permalink)
Hi All,
just want to share my experiences with you, because this RMA process really making me sick. Let's get into the story. I buyed 2 EVGA GTX 460 SC (768-p3-1362-ER) on 8/9/2010 with a lifetime warranty of 10 years. Cards we're performing very well over years in single and in SLI mode. Unfortunenately one of the cards died 2 weeks ago( picture fragments, BSOD's etc). After I tested the card carefully, to be sure it's the card causing the trouble, I started RMA process online in the night. It was not possible to complete this process unless I contact EVGA on phone or eMail for a support-ticket number.Next day I called Support-Hotline , explained my problems. The operator was really nice and after a few questions, he was asking me if I'm using the card in SLI, because he saw that I've registered a second one of the same type. I told him yes and he said : "After EVGA RMA Dept. has received my card and confirmed it's broken, they will replace it with a unit of the same model(if they have in stock) or a unit with the same performance/greater.It would be not possible for me to use the SLI anymore if I'm getting another model. EVGA Support will contact me on phone or eMail to find a solution how the performance of the original SLI Setup can be replaced and if they are sending me back one new card or if they have to RMA my second (still working) card too, to make SLI possible for me again. I should not forget to mark that the card was used in a SLI-setup, in the EVGA Online RMA form! " I did what he told me and shipped my card to EVGA. Today the RMA status was updated (screenshot upped).

The solution EVGA found for me is, replacing my old GTX 460 SC with ONE GTX 560 SC ( 01G-P3-1463-KR ). Isn't that great??Maybe, if it's only one card that should be replaced, but replacing the graphics performance of an GTX 460 SC SLI with only one GTX 560 SC is really kicka**ing me! For real i could run my old gtx 460 sc and the new 560 sc side by side and dedicating the old one for physX, but that's a real crappy performance boost. To explain the big performance differences of these Setup's please easily refer to Futuremark's Benchmarking Test 3dMark 11 . On this Link you can see a list of different gpu standard models and the graphics score, tested by Futuremark. The Standard GTX 560 model is reaching 3980 graphics score in 3dMark 11 P (performance mode). I know that because of overclocking the EVGA cards are able to reach higher scores, depends on greater memory bandwith, texture fillrate and pixel fillrate compared to the reference model's that Futuremark used for their tests. Even if I'm generous and expecting an EVGA GTX 560 SC to be able to reach a 15% higher score (this would mean a huge OC) about 4,577  graphics points, that's nothing compared to my old Setup. Please check this validated link of my PC-Setup, running exactliy the same Benchmark with my GTX 460 SC SLI . My graphics score was 6658 (!) on 18/10/2014 .I think Futuremark is doing great work  for years, or do you want to say their test lies(because EVGA was shipping a lot of his past cards,with promo licences of exactly this Benchmark)? I called EVGA support again today, and asked the operator why evga is replacing my old Setup with only one gtx 560 SC and why nobody of them have tried to contact me, like I was told days before. First he explained me that it's normal to replace one card with only one card and that there should be ne problem within my RMA. I told him that this is not acceptable for replacing the performance of the SLI-Setup and asked again, why EVGA didn't tried to contact me. He apologized for that I didn't RECEIVED a mail from the support but asked me 3 times , if I'm sure that there is no email, even in my spam-folder. I needed to told him about my Bacholer in Business Informatics and that I'm able to check a spam-filter to stop him treating me like this. He told me the only option he sees, is to RMA my second GTX 460 SC and upgrade it to another GTX 560 SC. He gave me a support ticket number for the second of my cards and told me to start a new RMA in online section, but without any information what to fill in the form. Maybe I should write " Hey I'm they guy you promised a fair replacement, so please upgrade this working card" !? In fact on the paper a SLI of two GTX 560 SC  would be a little upgrade from my old cards in performance, but did you thought about the TDP and if the new cards will fit with my computer(PSU)?? From what I can read on the internet, the GTX 560 SC 1GB  under load is consuming about 25-50 Watts more than my old GTX 460 SC 768 MB (let me refer to anandtech this time  + ).Means 50-100 watts more, i will have to spend in for the future, not knowing if my PSU can handle that and keep stable. Do you really think I'm happy with grinding about 350Watt power usage under gpu load for the next years, knowing that EVGA could have easily give me ONE GTX 950 (LP) for replacing both of my old cards (the broken AND the working one) that only needs 110W (75W) ?? That's a really big difference in electricity costs,by pretty the same performance. There are a lot of other options and configurations that would fix my problems, even with single cards from the 600 series and above ,because since that series nvidia cards are able to handle 3 monitors, and thats one of the things I need and I'm unable to do since my second card crashed. I don't care if my monitors are connected to one card or two cards, all I want is a running gpu with the same performance and functionatillity. Since EVGA missed the first chance to talk with me, for finding a solution, I hope we can talk this way. I'm really pissed that you tried to fool me, with only replacing one card and after this didn't worked you want me to spend an unnecessary amount of my bugs on my future electricity bills. I'm doing customer support by myself and I can tell you, I didn't wanted you to draw me a rainbow, knowing that with this RMA you are replacing a 10-year-warranty product after 5 1/2 years in a 3-year-warranty product , is saving you 1 1/2 years warranty and money. Because of this fact , it would have been nice if your customer support had tried to manage this RMA in friendly way for me and like real technicans do, but seems that I was doing mistakes given my own customer's and friends advices for buying a EVGA product all over the last years. I didn't started the RMA for the second card until now, because I'm still not sure what to fill in.... :-(  sry for my bad grammar, I'm no native speaker. kind regards from Germany

Attached Image(s)

4 Replies Related Threads

BrandonS
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 678
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: ATTENTION TO SLI USER's - Why EVGA wants to fooling me RMA'ing my GTX 460 SC SLI ?? 2016/05/31 14:42:26 (permalink)
    Hello Macten643, and welcome to the forums! I'm sorry for the confusion, but unfortunately our warranty terms say that the card will be replaced with a card of equal or greater performance; an RMA is not an upgrade platform. Since the 460 was replaced with a 560, however, please send an e-mail to supporteu@evga.com and we should be able to replace your other 460 with another 560. 
    Macten643
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: ATTENTION TO SLI USER's - Why EVGA wants to fooling me RMA'ing my GTX 460 SC SLI ?? 2016/05/31 15:40:21 (permalink)
    Ok, Confirmed that 5 1/2 years after purchase , EVGA is not able to replace my unit(s) with a product that's having same or greater performance within the same power consumption! Hopefully my power supply can handle this and I don't need to upgrade it or start disconnecting hard drives. Thanks for helping me to understand what EVGA warranty really means.
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2032
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: ATTENTION TO SLI USER's - Why EVGA wants to fooling me RMA'ing my GTX 460 SC SLI ?? 2016/05/31 15:56:06 (permalink)
    Dear Macten643,

I am very sorry to see that you are upset over your recent RMA.  I have requested that you are contacted during business hours, to assist you further with any concerns that you may have with your replacement.

Thank you again for your patience and allowing us to work with you.

Macten643
    Ok, Confirmed that 5 1/2 years after purchase , EVGA is not able to replace my unit(s) with a product that's having same or greater performance within the same power consumption! Hopefully my power supply can handle this and I don't need to upgrade it or start disconnecting hard drives. Thanks for helping me to understand what EVGA warranty really means.

EVGATech_MarkusK
    EVGA EU Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 315
    Re: ATTENTION TO SLI USER's - Why EVGA wants to fooling me RMA'ing my GTX 460 SC SLI ?? 2016/06/01 00:51:53 (permalink)
    Hi Macten643,

your second RMA request is already approved to be able to use your SLI system after again - if you got any issues \ questions left, just contact me either through phone: +4989 189 049 - 11 or email: supporteu@evga.com

Markus
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile