EVGA

AMD motherboards new bios. When ????????

Author
Almostpilot
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/11/06 05:51:28 (permalink)

So reading the topic above i really can´t upgrade my BIOS card because it is a AMD motherboard.

Of course i sended a email to support@evga.com but until now i don´t get a  answer and even a new bios that works with my motherboard.

What is happen? Why only AMD motherboard owners are been negligencied by EVGA?
I would really appreciate an official response from EVGA about what happens.

19 Replies Related Threads

arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6916
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2016/11/06 05:57:06 (permalink)
    My understanding is that there is a problem with AMD motherboards recognizing Nvidia GPUs. You can verify this by using GPU-Z to see if it has the Sub-Vendor field filled by all 0's if I remember correctly.

I do remember something about some folks finding a temporary work around by installing their Nvidia GPU in a PCIE slot OTHER than the one that is at the top next to the CPU.

You could move it temporarily and flash the GPU whIle you wait for EVGA to provide the modded VBIOS.

Also, you might want to make.sure that your motherboard is updated to the latest BIOS as well.
    Almostpilot
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2016/11/06 08:06:46 (permalink)
    I can try that. thanks.

But the EVGA needs to solve this problem urgently.
    Almostpilot
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2016/11/06 09:06:56 (permalink)
    First i´d like to say thanks to EVGA for the quickly answer.

I received the new bios for AMD motherboard and I could apply it without any problem. Even was cited in support email my message here in the forum.

Again, thanks a lot EVGA.

My BIOS number version now is 86.4.50.0.72.
    raphaelcarizzi
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/17 05:32:28 (permalink)
    Can you disponibilize the file for download? I asked this file by email two times, but its not working, they answer but don't send me the file! They said the file has attached but its not!
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/17 10:09:21 (permalink)
    raphaelcarizzi
    Can you disponibilize the file for download? I asked this file by email two times, but its not working, they answer but don't send me the file! They said the file has attached but its not!

Is your Card Registered?  

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

raphaelcarizzi
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/17 12:31:17 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    raphaelcarizzi

Is your Card Registered?  

Yes, it is registered.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/17 12:49:44 (permalink)
    raphaelcarizzi
    They said the file has attached but its not!

I heard of this just a few times and the file is probably there and I forget exactly what the problem was..But I think you should check your email settings (security/preferences) and make sure it's not blocking/hiding some attachments/files and that you're using full features, not basic..I think some setting was what the problem if I remember correctly..You can always search the internet for "Attachments not showing in (your email provider)"..Might help to know what email you're using too..That's all I can tell you..Good luck.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

raphaelcarizzi
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/17 15:20:19 (permalink)
    bob16314
    raphaelcarizzi
    They said the file has attached but its not!

I heard of this just a few times and the file is probably there and I forget exactly what the problem was..But I think you should check your email settings (security/preferences) and make sure it's not blocking/hiding some attachments/files and that you're using full features, not basic..I think some setting was what the problem if I remember correctly..You can always search the internet for "Attachments not showing in (your email provider)"..Might help to know what email you're using too..That's all I can tell you..Good luck.

Thank you very much for the answer, but I already checked and rechecked my email settings. Apparently there's nothing there blocking or hidding any attached files... I'm using Yahoo mail.
    raphaelcarizzi
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/17 16:18:07 (permalink)
    They just sent me another email, this time, with the real attachment, but guess what: original (wrong) version. I want the post-overheating problem bios (86.04.50.00.72 version)... I'm just tired... so simple thing and I can't get it, I just want to update my gpu bios, why this become so comlicated and frustrating?

nrpeyton
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 257
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/17 16:31:04 (permalink)
    Almostpilot

So reading the topic above i really can´t upgrade my BIOS card because it is a AMD motherboard.

Of course i sended a email to support@evga.com but until now i don´t get a  answer and even a new bios that works with my motherboard.

What is happen? Why only AMD motherboard owners are been negligencied by EVGA?
    I would really appreciate an official response from EVGA about what happens.

I had this problem, the only thing it affected it is it prevented me from viewing the correct vendor in GPU-Z and didn't show the "classified" emblem in Precision X.

I emailed support and they sent me the fix (for AMD motherboards) for the classy 1080. (both BIOS's)

You never said what card you have.  If it was the classy I'd of posted the file up for you already.

Let me know and i'll post the file, or email support and if you get someone who isn't 'new' they should understand the problem and provide you an updated BIOS you can flash.

raphaelcarizzi
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/17 16:36:27 (permalink)
    nrpeyton

I had this problem, the only thing it affected it is it prevented me from viewing the correct vendor in GPU-Z and didn't show the "classified" emblem in Precision X.

I emailed support and they sent me the fix (for AMD motherboards) for the classy 1080. (both BIOS's)

You never said what card you have.  If it was the classy I'd of posted the file up for you already.

Let me know and i'll post the file, or email support and if you get someone who isn't 'new' they should understand the problem and provide you an updated BIOS you can flash.

My card is the 1070 FTW DT 08G-P4-6274-KR and I need the 86.04.50.00.72 version for this card.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/17 17:02:31 (permalink)
    raphaelcarizzi
    They just sent me another email, this time, with the real attachment, but guess what: original (wrong) version. I want the post-overheating problem bios (86.04.50.00.72 version)... I'm just tired... so simple thing and I can't get it, I just want to update my gpu bios, why this become so comlicated and frustrating?

I would recommend contacting support and reference this thread and the information you have posted.  If what you are saying is correct, someone is being incompetent and needs you to keep poking at them.  Their less incompetant brethren should get you all taken care of and should also straighten up the black sheep among them.
    http://www.evga.com/support/ticket/support.aspx

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

raphaelcarizzi
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/17 17:20:27 (permalink)
    ty_ger07

I would recommend contacting support and reference this thread and the information you have posted.  If what you are saying is correct, someone is being incompetent and needs you to keep poking at them.  Their less incompetant brethren should get you all taken care of and should also straighten up the black sheep among them.

About 1 hour ago I sent an email asking for the file with another account that I have, this time with gmail. And they reply me with the same ctrl+c, ctrl+v answer with no attachment.

I guess I will, one more time, submit a support ticket explaining everything again. Who knows this time they send me the correct file? I'm hopeless, I'm just don't know what to do anymore...
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/17 17:22:17 (permalink)
    raphaelcarizzi
    ty_ger07

About 1 hour ago I sent an email asking for the file with another account that I have, this time with gmail. And they reply me with the same ctrl+c, ctrl+v answer with no attachment.

I guess I will, one more time, submit a support ticket explaining everything again. Who knows this time they send me the correct file? I'm hopeless, I'm just don't know what to do anymore...

Call evga instead of sending a e-mail. http://www.evga.com/about/contactus/
    raphaelcarizzi
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/17 17:25:37 (permalink)
    Sajin

Call evga instead of sending a e-mail. 

I'm live in Brazil. There's no call support here in my country. Sad!
    raphaelcarizzi
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/18 08:55:15 (permalink)
    Look what I receive in my email right now:

EVGA
    Hi Rafael, 

The version that you were sent (ORIGINAL VERSION WITH OVERHEAT PROBLEM) is the correct version for your card on an AMD platform. The other BIOS update is only for, and will only flash on an Intel platform. 

Please contact us with any further questions. 

Regards, 
    EVGA Support

In other words: "congratulations, are you an AMD chipset user? Too bad for you, we don't support that kind of people."

Now, I don't know how they did send a AMD bios to Almostpilot (topic creator) user and refuse to send me:

Almostpilot
    First i´d like to say thanks to EVGA for the quickly answer.

I received the new bios for AMD motherboard and I could apply it without any problem. Even was cited in support email my message here in the forum.

Again, thanks a lot EVGA.

My BIOS number version now is 86.4.50.0.72.

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/18 09:16:01 (permalink)
    raphaelcarizzi
    Now, I don't know how they did send a AMD bios to Almostpilot (topic creator) user and refuse to send me:

@ raphaelcarizzi, The (OP (Topic Creator)) is not refusing you, he is following the Rules.
    You should do the same by Opening a Support Ticket for your Registered Card http://www.evga.com/support/ticket/Support.aspx
    It is a very Simple Process unlike ASUS or MSI where you have open a support ticket to Open a Support Call.
    This way you have an official request on records. 
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/02/18 10:53:59

nrpeyton
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 257
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/18 23:08:59 (permalink)
    EVGA do have the compatible BIOS's for AMD motherboards.

It just depends which support guy reads your email:

Here's my the emails with them with problem with my AMD motherboard.: (which is now fixed)

full size: http://cdn.overclock.net/8/8b/8b77a5b5_1.jpeg

full size: http://cdn.overclock.net/9/9f/9fd46b97_2.jpeg

post edited by nrpeyton - 2017/02/18 23:20:44

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: AMD motherboards new bios. When ???????? 2017/02/19 08:22:04 (permalink)
    It seems to created a Support Ticket is just to much work for some users to do and work through and process.
    Not one of my Support Tickets ever went un-answered or not solved to my satisfaction.
    Now when you talk about ASUS I cannot say the same, each time I used their support it took Two Support Tickets to open One Support Call.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile