Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Xavier Zepherious
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6746
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 16
2016/05/19 12:53:14 (permalink)
AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price – Launching Later This Year

AMD’s upcoming high performance 14nm Zen CPUs are set to compete with Intel’s Skylake microarchitecture based processors on performance power efficiency and specs. It won’t be just a value play with a cheaper product assirted AMD’s John Taylor, head of  Worldwide Marketing at the company. “Zen will compete with Intel on performance, power and specifications – not just price,” Taylor stated.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-zen-competes-intel-performance-features-price-launching-2016/#ixzz498Inxd5r

finally some competition ...maybe knock those 8 and 10 core i7's down a bit... $1500 for a 10 core??
should be 4core $400 that $100 a core - 6 core should be $600 - 8core $800 and 10core $1000

post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2016/05/19 12:59:19

Primes found     Affiliate Code:YN2AHK39LH

36 Replies Related Threads

donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15886
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/19 13:35:05 (permalink)
    Will have to wait and see it for ourselves if this is true. As for 10 cores costing 1k no... a consumer high end cpu should only one thousand dollars if its the extreme. A 10 core should be 700 none extreme, eight core 600, six core 400-500, four core 250-300 depending on specs.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/19 14:19:51 (permalink)
    Yes,

I am looking forward to see this. I won't buy this at first, I want to see the people put it to the test, and then I will decide. If it turns out to be as good as they say they are, I will go for it, and go to AMD CPU.

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    Viper453
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 630
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/19 15:23:19 (permalink)
    Who is planing on going amd setup vs broadwell e? I might switch i think :)

MIS 4090 Trio 
    i9 10900K
    EVGA 1600 P+
    G.SKILL TridentZ Series 3200 mhz cas 14 32gb
    OS drive 960 pro 2 tb
    2x EVO 860 4TB 
    Monitor ROG PQ32UQX / LG C2 "65

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/19 16:16:31 (permalink)
    Xavier Zepherious
    AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price – Launching Later This Year

AMD’s upcoming high performance 14nm Zen CPUs are set to compete with Intel’s Skylake microarchitecture based processors on performance power efficiency and specs. It won’t be just a value play with a cheaper product assirted AMD’s John Taylor, head of  Worldwide Marketing at the company. “Zen will compete with Intel on performance, power and specifications – not just price,” Taylor stated.

All talk at this point.
    Viper453
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 630
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/19 18:16:59 (permalink)
    It would be great if amd could balance back to what they were in the early 2000s :)

MIS 4090 Trio 
    i9 10900K
    EVGA 1600 P+
    G.SKILL TridentZ Series 3200 mhz cas 14 32gb
    OS drive 960 pro 2 tb
    2x EVO 860 4TB 
    Monitor ROG PQ32UQX / LG C2 "65

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/19 19:42:10 (permalink)
    Xavier Zepherious

The problem is, AMD has such a stigma right now they need to do better than just have parity. They need to be 15-20% cheaper than Intel and match performance in order to regain any market share. Just reaching parity isn't going to shift the balance enough. If they're the same performance, why would I pick AMD when Intel has better pedigree and track record?
    owcraftsman
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4754
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/19 21:20:38 (permalink)
    @ Brad
    There was a time when AMD was the latest and greatest (Athlon Opteron) and was the impetus to make Intel great. When Intel gained a slight lead many enthusiast made the jump for very little extra performance and buggy chipset drivers but a cheaper path and overclockability made it attractive. We all know how that turned out. We could have easily not done so and remained and AMD fan boy which had a proven track record at the time but where would we be today if everyone was like you Brad. For the same reasons I have supported AMD & Free Sync with my last few GPUs and monitors not because it was the absolute best rather to spur competition & innovation which has had the intended affect with DirectX 12, Vulkan & Nvidia's Vega on the horizon. Trust me I haven't suffered for my lack of Nvidia GPUs in my systems and I feel good about the results knowing I made a difference in my small way. The only reason I don't have an AMD proc build is they haven't been even close to Intel counterparts. If that changes I'll climb on board in a heart beat even if it's just a PC for the wife etc. I for one am tired of what Intel has trickled out to us because they have no competition if I can change that in anyway I will do my part and I pray I have a league of like minded enthusiast doing the same. 

5800X3D | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero w/EK-Q-M-Full | Trident Z Neo 4x8 3600 C16 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/EK-QV2-ABP +150 CC/+1000 MC | LG 34GP83A-B UW-QHD/2-Asus PB278Q  | EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 | Corsair 1TB MP600 (OS) & 970 EVO 1TB M.2 (Games) | Custom Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | NexXxoS UT60 1080mm Nova | 2x D5 w/BP-2D5TOPPEX-BK | Win-10-pro 21H2  RIG PICS
    EVGA Affiliate Code GMER9XL4N
    Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/19 21:47:36 (permalink)
    owcraftsman
    @ Brad
    There was a time when AMD was the latest and greatest (Athlon Opteron) and was the impetus to make Intel great. When Intel gained a slight lead many enthusiast made the jump for very little extra performance and buggy chipset drivers but a cheaper path and overclockability made it attractive. We all know how that turned out. We could have easily not done so and remained and AMD fan boy which had a proven track record at the time but where would we be today if everyone was like you Brad. For the same reasons I have supported AMD & Free Sync with my last few GPUs and monitors not because it was the absolute best rather to spur competition & innovation which has had the intended affect with DirectX 12, Vulkan & Nvidia's Vega on the horizon. Trust me I haven't suffered for my lack of Nvidia GPUs in my systems and I feel good about the results knowing I made a difference in my small way. The only reason I don't have an AMD proc build is they haven't been even close to Intel counterparts. If that changes I'll climb on board in a heart beat even if it's just a PC for the wife etc. I for one am tired of what Intel has trickled out to us because they have no competition if I can change that in anyway I will do my part and I pray I have a league of like minded enthusiast doing the same. 

LOL when did Nvidia switch to making AMD GPU's

I think you mean VOLTA coming after pascal 

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/19 22:51:13 (permalink)
    owcraftsman
    @ Brad

Not sure why you went off on a GPU tangent. What does Radeon Group's GPUs have to do with AMD Zen CPUs? Not even AMD treats their GPU division as the same company as their CPU division. So, to bring them both into a topic on Zen has me confused. Those of us that have been around long enough did do AMD CPU builds a decade ago. AMD hasn't been relevant in the CPU market for a long time now though. To get past that, they've got to do more than just achieve the status quo.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2016/05/19 22:55:21
    lehpron
    Regular Guy
    • Total Posts : 16254
    • Ribbons : 191
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/19 23:30:28 (permalink)
    Yeah, no, I'm certain Zen is around 25% behind Skylake's IPC, clock-for-clock per core, in scenarios that AMD won't advertise.

Xavier Zepherious
    AMD’s upcoming high performance 14nm Zen CPUs are set to compete with Intel’s Skylake microarchitecture based processors on performance power efficiency and specs.
    Here's the problem I have with this.  We all hope and hype based on our frustrations, and many times we will expect more than what is possible or promised.  I'm sure there are scenarios where Zen actually meets up with Skylake, but if *we* don't care about that, does that mean AMD exaggerated or even lied?  No, but no one is going to take responsibility for their own thoughts.  That's why I regard Taylor's quote as dangerous, it is going to be misinterpreted and people will want his head for it.  They can't afford that.

Viper453
    I was honestly serious considering Zen, until MS cut Win7 support from it, which sent me to Skylake.  That said, I have yet to install the programs that were OS restricted to Win7 on this system from my last system, but I hear the free upgrade to Win10 isn't reversible.  If I'm going Win10, yeah, there is no reason to stick with one or the other, both are better than what I had before.

Brad_Hawthorne
    If they're the same performance, why would I pick AMD when Intel has better pedigree and track record?
    That's a sign of true loyalty.  Question is, in the off-chance AMD has better performance than Intel, what parity is needed to disregard track record?
    post edited by lehpron - 2016/05/19 23:33:41

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
    seta8967
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1813
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/20 04:06:28 (permalink)
    lehpron
    Yeah, no, I'm certain Zen is around 25% behind Skylake's IPC, clock-for-clock per core, in scenarios that AMD won't advertise.

Xavier Zepherious
    AMD’s upcoming high performance 14nm Zen CPUs are set to compete with Intel’s Skylake microarchitecture based processors on performance power efficiency and specs.
    Here's the problem I have with this.  We all hope and hype based on our frustrations, and many times we will expect more than what is possible or promised.  I'm sure there are scenarios where Zen actually meets up with Skylake, but if *we* don't care about that, does that mean AMD exaggerated or even lied?  No, but no one is going to take responsibility for their own thoughts.  That's why I regard Taylor's quote as dangerous, it is going to be misinterpreted and people will want his head for it.  They can't afford that.

Viper453
    I was honestly serious considering Zen, until MS cut Win7 support from it, which sent me to Skylake.  That said, I have yet to install the programs that were OS restricted to Win7 on this system from my last system, but I hear the free upgrade to Win10 isn't reversible.  If I'm going Win10, yeah, there is no reason to stick with one or the other, both are better than what I had before.

Brad_Hawthorne
    If they're the same performance, why would I pick AMD when Intel has better pedigree and track record?
    That's a sign of true loyalty.  Question is, in the off-chance AMD has better performance than Intel, what parity is needed to disregard track record?

I cant speak for brad but for me to switch I would need them to allow evga to build morherboard or have 10% performance over intel extreme cpu (i know this isnt the case for zen as its mainstream) or have more than 40 lanes and multiple m.2 ssd support.
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/20 04:12:17 (permalink)
    stalinx20
    Yes,

I am looking forward to see this. I won't buy this at first, I want to see the people put it to the test, and then I will decide. If it turns out to be as good as they say they are, I will go for it, and go to AMD CPU.

I might...I have less problems with AMD CPU's than I do their GPU offerings.

I just hope they DO compete and make Intel up their game.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/20 06:21:48 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Xavier Zepherious

All talk at this point.

have to be optimistic. If Zen becomes "good", there might be a chance that Intel will lower their prices. Wishful thinking... but we never know.

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/20 06:30:06 (permalink)
    lehpron

And with actuality, that's my problem. While I do hope that AMD scores big with Zen, I risk my chances to have zero issues going from Intel to AMD and using an AMD motherboard. That moment you switch companies is the ultimate test to see what kind of issues you "might" have, and then whether or not you will be able to fix and resolve. Granted with EVGA motherboard and Intel, I installed, and had zero issues.
    post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/05/20 06:33:09

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    seth89
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5290
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/20 09:44:49 (permalink)
    Viper453

Would be dope to see a Evga board for this new AM4 stuff, my main rigs have always been evga/Intel.
    But I might give AMD/MSI a try for my 2017 build.

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/20 11:28:00 (permalink)
    seth89
    Viper453

Would be dope to see a Evga board for this new AM4 stuff, my main rigs have always been evga/Intel.
    But I might give AMD/MSI a try for my 2017 build.

That was my idea

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    owcraftsman
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/20 17:07:43 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    owcraftsman
    @ Brad

Not sure why you went off on a GPU tangent. What does Radeon Group's GPUs have to do with AMD Zen CPUs? Not even AMD treats their GPU division as the same company as their CPU division. So, to bring them both into a topic on Zen has me confused. Those of us that have been around long enough did do AMD CPU builds a decade ago. AMD hasn't been relevant in the CPU market for a long time now though. To get past that, they've got to do more than just achieve the status quo.

It's about the struggle of the underdog Intel was there and now they are not. We support the underdog to effect change not be safe. AMD GPUs are underdogs AMD CPUs are underdogs if they have zero support they just go away making it worth going out of your comfort zone.

5800X3D | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero w/EK-Q-M-Full | Trident Z Neo 4x8 3600 C16 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/EK-QV2-ABP +150 CC/+1000 MC | LG 34GP83A-B UW-QHD/2-Asus PB278Q  | EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 | Corsair 1TB MP600 (OS) & 970 EVO 1TB M.2 (Games) | Custom Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | NexXxoS UT60 1080mm Nova | 2x D5 w/BP-2D5TOPPEX-BK | Win-10-pro 21H2  RIG PICS
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/20 22:09:32 (permalink)
    Why does "40% more" in the first picture look like 500% more on the graph in the picture? I hate marketing wank.
    lehpron
    Regular Guy
    • Total Posts : 16254
    • Ribbons : 191
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/21 01:23:16 (permalink)
    stalinx20
    lehpron 
    And with actuality, that's my problem. While I do hope that AMD scores big with Zen, I risk my chances to have zero issues going from Intel to AMD and using an AMD motherboard. That moment you switch companies is the ultimate test to see what kind of issues you "might" have, and then whether or not you will be able to fix and resolve. Granted with EVGA motherboard and Intel, I installed, and had zero issues.

I'm about to be in a similar position as you, but on the graphics side, so it wouldn't affect my core usages.

I've been with nVidia through EVGA now 10 years from May 18, 2006-- Happy Anniversary to me, long GD time.

But by the random happenstance of purchasing a dream monitor, HP Envy 32 1440p, is says on the box (and wasn't stated on the listing) that it is AMD Freesync compatible.  I've had an interest in the whole refresh sync thing for a while, but never intended to choose a monitor for it.  But now I have an excuse to try AMD out, not that I have anything against nVidia, rather just curiosity-- but is that curiosity worth the experiment with what I do?  That is the unknown.

I may claim that because I don't play every new games that appears, usually one per year, that I may not run into trouble-- that isn't true, I just need the same games others have played and have problems with AMD hardware, but many I don't play.  So I'm hoping it isn't an issue.

I look forwards to the Zen reviews and fanfare, but I'm not going to ditch my platform since I'm about Windows 7.

For Intel processors, 0.122 x TDP = Continuous Amps at 12v [source].  

Introduction to Thermoelectric Cooling
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1910
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/21 18:27:17 (permalink)
    owcraftsman
    @ Brad

This is the exact type of thinking that reduced intel's sales and caused a fallout in their jobs. Hasnt AMD taken enough by dominating the console hardware market? All we can hope for are record breaking benchmarks on intels i7-6785R. Then we will know the kaby lake version with 4 more pcie lanes and compatibility with 3D Xpoint memory will be the best buy for gaming at least. And for when I dont want to use my brain for making a choice, I just remember AMD is the color red resembling blood, pain, and agony. Intel is the color blue like a beautiful sunny day with clear skies. Nvidia is the color green like cash and ganja. Makes things much more simple that way rather than dealing with technical specifications, benchmarks, and all the complexities. Besides:
    Sajin
    All talk at this point.

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
    Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
    Garlic is the Antichrist.
    Xavier Zepherious
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/22 06:43:29 (permalink)

AMD 7th Generation APU Lineup And Specifications Leaked – Flagship SKU Features 4 x86 Excavator Based Cores and 8 GCN 3.0 CUs

The flagship SKUs will have a total of 12 compute cores present on the package. Out of these, 4 will belong to the Compute side while the remaining 8 will form the Graphics side. The top end SKU will have 4 x86 Excavator based cores clocked at 3.7 Ghz (Turbo up to 4.2 Ghz) with 2 MB L2 Cache. This will be complimented by 8 GCN 3.0 CUs for a total of 512 Streaming Processors. The low power (35W) variant will be clocked at 2.9 Ghz (boost up to 3.8 Ghz).

http://wccftech.com/amd-7th-generation-apu-lineup-specifications-leaked-flagship-sku-features-4-x86-excavator-based-cores-8-gcn-30-cus/ 

post edited by Xavier Zepherious - 2016/05/22 06:45:50

owcraftsman
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/22 09:25:45 (permalink)
    boylerya
    owcraftsman
    @ Brad

This is the exact type of thinking that reduced intel's sales and caused a fallout in their jobs. Hasnt AMD taken enough by dominating the console hardware market? All we can hope for are record breaking benchmarks on intels i7-6785R. Then we will know the kaby lake version with 4 more pcie lanes and compatibility with 3D Xpoint memory will be the best buy for gaming at least. And for when I dont want to use my brain for making a choice, I just remember AMD is the color red resembling blood, pain, and agony. Intel is the color blue like a beautiful sunny day with clear skies. Nvidia is the color green like cash and ganja. Makes things much more simple that way rather than dealing with technical specifications, benchmarks, and all the complexities. Besides:
    Sajin
    All talk at this point.

Fact is there would be more tocks if AMD were more competitive on the compute front. Intel is not offering compelling enough reasons for enthusiast to upgrade to many ticks and not enough tocks. Adoption of new tech has stagnated because of this and is the reason why peeps lost there jobs not consoles. You can blame AMD because their Compute power is lame but not their integrated graphics which is better than Intel's and why they found their way into Consoles. On both fronts Intel chose their path. This highlights the fact that compute power has little to do with gaming there are tens of thousand of Gamers out there who are AMD fan boys for compute and are not suffering for FPS with powerful GPUs. 

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/22 12:02:55 (permalink)
    AMD has such terrible brand reputation though. I'd seriously considering buy a Macintosh before I'd buy an AMD product, and my last AMD product was less than 1 year ago.

Good luck, AMD. You'll need it and more.
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/22 14:27:34 (permalink)
    owcraftsman
    Trust me I haven't suffered for my lack of Nvidia GPUs in my systems and I feel good about the results knowing I made a difference in my small way.

This is the mindset I was referring to that I quoted and stated is the cause for a fallout of jobs at intel, not due to consoles. Which btw, what part of this makes u feel good when u buy AMD? Having a slower and cheaper product, or taking away the jobs of hardworking intel employees that now cant afford to buy little billy that prosthetic leg so he can know what it feels like to walk again.

Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/22 14:45:47 (permalink)
    boylerya
    owcraftsman
    Trust me I haven't suffered for my lack of Nvidia GPUs in my systems and I feel good about the results knowing I made a difference in my small way.

This is the mindset I was referring to that I quoted and stated is the cause for a fallout of jobs at intel, not due to consoles. Which btw, what part of this makes u feel good when u buy AMD? Having a slower and cheaper product, or taking away the jobs of hardworking intel employees that now cant afford to buy little billy that prosthetic leg so he can know what it feels like to walk again.

Little Billy is irrelevant when it comes to AMD matching performance to Intel, or vise versa. The only thing that owcraftsman did to make a difference was save money on his processor, and Intel is surely not hurt by it either. There is nothing he gained by going cheaper, and I'm not sure how he feels good. Maybe he "felt good" in hopes he could touch a fan-boy's mind by them hearing he has an AMD processor, I don't know... Nobody cares though. I however, am looking forward to Zen, because I'm looking into buying that processor. We'll see with the results though. If Intel strikes back (again) with their I7, I will be getting an i7, again.
    post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/05/22 14:49:45

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    owcraftsman
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/22 15:00:40 (permalink)
    boylerya
    owcraftsman

I have both 980ti and 290x just look at my sig. I paid 1/2 the price for nearly the same performance for my 290x cards and yes I feel good about that despite your demented opinion. Why should I pay double for 6 more FPS? There are millions of people out of work in our society and I feel sorry for everyone of them but tell me whose more likely to be loosing there job someone who works for Intel or AMD? For that matter who has the larger market share? The answer should be obvious to both questions. < INTEL > nuff said
    BTW I haven't bought an AMD CPUz for 10 years but I have bought literally 20 or more Intel procs in that time for my personal use so I helped pay for Billy new leg but I can't fix Intel greed.

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/22 16:45:20 (permalink)
    owcraftsman
    boylerya
    owcraftsman

I have both 980ti and 290x just look at my sig. I paid 1/2 the price for nearly the same performance for my 290x cards and yes I feel good about that despite your demented opinion. Why should I pay double for 6 more FPS? There are millions of people out of work in our society and I feel sorry for everyone of them but tell me whose more likely to be loosing there job someone who works for Intel or AMD? For that matter who has the larger market share? The answer should be obvious to both questions. < INTEL > nuff said
    BTW I haven't bought an AMD CPUz for 10 years but I have bought literally 20 or more Intel procs in that time for my personal use so I helped pay for Billy new leg but I can't fix Intel greed.

You're right. You have some major points you have brought, But the processor is not all about the FPS, but the beef it can handle. How much beef can the processor deal with before it just tanks to nothing? That's how we define a processor (in my eyes, anyways). Now i don't have any answers or sources but i feel that is why Intel charges more, because their processors can take a lot of heat/noise/beef (whatever you want to call it) more than what AMD's processors can handle.

BTW, sorry about my earlier post. Was totally being sarcastic, was at work, bored. lol

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/22 21:55:40 (permalink)
    stalinx20
    The only thing that owcraftsman did to make a difference was save money on his processor, and Intel is surely not hurt by it either. There is nothing he gained by going cheaper, and I'm not sure how he feels good. Maybe he "felt good" in hopes he could touch a fan-boy's mind by them hearing he has an AMD processor, I don't know... Nobody cares though.

owcraftsman

You two are really going to have to work harder at collaborating your stories, caring more about your evil cause, and stop buying from the competition if you r going to effectively sell AMD products on the EVGA forums.

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: AMD : Zen Competes With Intel On Performance, Specs & Features Not Just Price 2016/05/23 05:47:46 (permalink)
    boylerya
    You two are really going to have to work harder at collaborating your stories, caring more about your evil cause, and stop buying from the competition if you r going to effectively sell AMD products on the EVGA forums.

who's selling AMD?

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile