EVGA

980 ti Hybrid CS:GO freezing issue

Author
billiam111
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/05/02 15:56:19 (permalink)
Purchased this card sometime last summer and ever since then have had a freezing issue that seems to be specific to CS:GO, and happens more so on a specific map. Usually when playing de_inferno ill experience a black screen and freezing in game usually 2-3 times in a 30 minute period. Sometimes its so severe that my computer locks up and i am forced to manually restart it. Once in a while i will get a driver stopped responding/working error but this is rare. I have reformatted, tried multiple drivers, each driver update i'm hopeful that it will be resolved but still nothing has fixed it. I play CS:GO competitively and this creates for a very frustrating experience. My questions is could this simply be a PSU problem where its not receiving enough power, or is it likely that the card is faulty? Temps are usually below 45c under full load. Also sometimes just when launching CS:GO my monitor will say "out of range" and i have to turn the monitor off and on again. I have tried display port and dvi. (benq 2430t)

Asus rampage iv extreme
3930k 4.4 oc corsair h100
12gb g skill ripjaw 
asus xonar xense soundcard
nzxt 1000w psu

5 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: 980 ti Hybrid CS:GO freezing issue 2016/05/02 16:46:57 (permalink)
    Does the problem occur when your cpu is running default clocks? Is your ram running the correct timings, voltage & frequency inside the bios? Have you tried doing everything listed here. How old is your psu?
    billiam111
    Re: 980 ti Hybrid CS:GO freezing issue 2016/05/02 19:37:54 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Does the problem occur when your cpu is running default clocks? Is your ram running the correct timings, voltage & frequency inside the bios? Have you tried doing everything listed . How old is your psu?

Yes ive tried with stock clocks and different bios. PSU is close to 4 years old. Ill go ahead and try that guide you linked, although seeing as this is such a specific issue with 1 game, and after reformats the problem still persists im leaning towards an issue with the card. I play many different video games and have 0 issues with all of them. H1z1, League of legends, Division, rust, arma 3 etc etc no performance hits or bugs of any sort. Thanks for the quick reply hopefully we can fix this.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: 980 ti Hybrid CS:GO freezing issue 2016/05/02 19:49:39 (permalink)
    billiam111
    Sajin
    Does the problem occur when your cpu is running default clocks? Is your ram running the correct timings, voltage & frequency inside the bios? Have you tried doing everything listed . How old is your psu?

Yes ive tried with stock clocks and different bios. PSU is close to 4 years old. Ill go ahead and try that guide you linked, although seeing as this is such a specific issue with 1 game, and after reformats the problem still persists im leaning towards an issue with the card. I play many different video games and have 0 issues with all of them. H1z1, League of legends, Division, rust, arma 3 etc etc no performance hits or bugs of any sort. Thanks for the quick reply hopefully we can fix this.

No problem.

Try running the card in debug mode and/or underclocking manually using msi afterburner to see if it helps resolve the problem for that one specific game.

Also...

Make sure the frequency, timings & voltage of your ram are set inside the bios correctly. The frequency, timings & voltage of your ram should match the jedec stickers on the sides of your ram modules...

Report back with your results after making adjustments/testing.
    billiam111
    Re: 980 ti Hybrid CS:GO freezing issue 2016/05/03 17:07:06 (permalink)
    Sajin
    billiam111
    Sajin

No problem.

Try running the card in debug mode and/or underclocking manually using msi afterburner to see if it helps resolve the problem for that one specific game.

Also...

Make sure the frequency, timings & voltage of your ram are set inside the bios correctly. The frequency, timings & voltage of your ram should match the jedec stickers on the sides of your ram modules...

Tried everything last night, took a while to reproduce the freezing as its random but its still there. 
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: 980 ti Hybrid CS:GO freezing issue 2016/05/03 17:55:00 (permalink)
    billiam111
    Sajin
    billiam111
    Sajin

No problem.

Also...

Tried everything last night, took a while to reproduce the freezing as its random but its still there. 

Try underclocking the card as far as you can using msi afterburner to see if it makes a difference.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile