EVGA

970 forgets theres 2 monitors

Author
sparky07a
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/08/31 11:53:16 (permalink)
Ok so I am using 2 insignia 32" 1080i TVs for monitors... due to a CPU heat sink issue, I reformatted, and reinstalled windows (I have ALOT going on in my life)

All of a sudden after the reinstall,  my 970,  seems to forget that there are two monitors attached.  It will usually revert to the mini HDMI first, completely ignoring the DVI?  the larger plug...

I have tried order drivers new drivers ect.  as soon as the computer hits standby and resumes, BAM!  I mu manually reconnect each monitor in the order in which I want them displayed.

windows 7 all updates.
970 newest drivers.

This wasnt a problem prior to reinstalling windows...  this is so annoying I am ready to reinstalling windows AGAIN!

thoughts?

1 Reply Related Threads

Tony1324
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 970 forgets theres 2 monitors 2015/09/06 14:56:25 (permalink)
    I have the same problem with two HP 2310m monitors connected to a GTX970 FTW. Not quite sure what the issue is but found turning off the power to both monitors prior to the computer going into standby and then turning them on again when i need to use the computer just before logging in with my password seems to circumvent the problem. This happened in Windows 7 and even after upgrading to Windows 10. Yes it is a bit of a hassle since the computer runs 24/7/365 but just turning the monitors back on before using the computer is a lot less of a hassle then the things you have to do to get everything back to normal after you lose one monitor. I figured eventually someone will come up with a fix. Still waiting since March. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile