EVGA

770 sc EVGA support

Author
steve3194
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/08/28 04:58:18 (permalink)
Hi, I have the gtx 770 sc with acx cooler. The cooler rattles at certain fan rpms because of this and I have setup an RMA.

When I first contacted support I was told that as I had just gotten my card I would be entitled to a prepaid shipping label. I was then told that my case was being fowarded to the European support team as I live in Ireland. I added my details for RMA and recieved an email the following morning confirming it's acceptance.
The problem is the email has an attached label which says its up to me to pay for shipping. I don't think this is fair as the card had problems straight out of the box and I don't think I should have to pay the post when I paid full price for the  faulty card just over a week ago.
I have tried contacting two members of support in regards to this since receiving the RMA confirmation and neither have yet responded, which is odd as my original query to support received a response within a couple of hours

The main reason I went with EVGA is because of the great things I heard about their support. Unfortunately so far I've been a bit disappointed

Could someone please advice me on what to do next?

Thanks   

5 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: 770 sc EVGA support 2014/08/28 05:23:38 (permalink)
    I hate to say have patience, but you may need to, just a little longer. You said you contacted two members of support. Did you contact them directly or through the support ticket that was already open?

I suggest to check the open support ticket for replies, just in case they have not come through your email.
    steve3194
    • Total Posts : 9
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 770 sc EVGA support 2014/08/28 05:31:20 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    I hate to say have patience, but you may need to, just a little longer. You said you contacted two members of support. Did you contact them directly or through the support ticket that was already open?

I suggest to check the open support ticket for replies, just in case they have not come through your email.

I contacted them directly by email. I don't mind being patient however the RMA number has been issued and it is only valid for a certain amount of time.
    I may just try contacting through the contact support option instead.

I would have no problems being patient if I was guaranteed a reply. How long can it take someone to reply to an email? Or at least to acknowledge they are looking into the problem?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it says that evga aim to respond to all emails within 1 business day. Obviously there are exceptions to this but still.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: 770 sc EVGA support 2014/08/28 06:12:44 (permalink)
    It can take as long as necessary, as sad as that sounds. Through the support ticket, you get many people looking at the ticket... Through direct email, you don't know if the person is on leave, sick, fired, or anything... That is what the support ticket is for, so send your emails through there for the quickest response.
    NordicJedi
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 12570
    • Ribbons : 77
    Re: 770 sc EVGA support 2014/08/28 13:04:14 (permalink)
    It can take up to 24-48 hours for an email to process and get answered.  It's usually faster to call in at (888)881-EVGA (3842), as tech support is there 24/7.  I'll forward this along to support to see if they can take a look.

6012mhz on L/N2 
    5321mhz on L/N2
    5091mhz on air
    The Lightsaber
    The Emperor Reborn
    andrewc513
    • Total Posts : 30
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: 770 sc EVGA support 2014/08/28 17:59:13 (permalink)
    Steve, does it happen to sound like this?

If so, I wish you all the luck in the world. I'm on my 4th card and still it does the same thing. (Yes, I have RMA'd or returned 3 times between EVGA and Amazon) All do the same thing.  Currently waiting on a callback from an tech support manager because this is pure exhausting.

There's lots of posts/threads about rattling, and now I saw another guy posts pics of an less-than-great thermal paste job from the factory.  Not sure if ACX or EVGA is more to blame, but there's been way too many problems lately, it seems.

EDIT: Well, I guess I *was* going to get a callback an hour later. It's been like 5 hours. Pretty sure they forgot about me.
    post edited by andrewc513 - 2014/08/28 19:42:04
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile