2016 Camaro (6th Gen) Testing on the Nurburgring 

Sounds like a beast!

50 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/13 21:37:11 (permalink)
    Should've shown it's debut as a stop light cam catching it... :-)
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/13 21:41:56 (permalink)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/13 21:55:43 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    Should've shown it's debut as a stop light cam catching it... :-)

I just pray that it doesn't come out looking like this.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/13 21:59:13 (permalink)
    It's headlights look like it mimics Asian style vehicles. I like the look of the Camaros, but I can't get comfortable in the driver's seat... I am also not a fan of the newer Model Mustangs. I do like the styling, generally speaking...
    moose517
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6259
    • Ribbons : 33
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 06:56:40 (permalink)
    I've been holding off getting a camaro for the 6th gens and the more pictures that leak and when that video showed up a couple weeks ago i think i'm more and more impressed.  Especially if it packs the LT1 that its rumored to be getting.  Going SS minimum.
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 07:11:10 (permalink)
    What's with all the graphitti on the track surface?
    moose517
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 07:24:32 (permalink)
    Just people wanting to leave there mark, honor people who have died on the track etc.  Of course some of it is probably straight up vandalism.
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 08:30:48 (permalink)
    Was recalled right after the video was shot. =P

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

moose517
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 08:39:39 (permalink)
    Psssht, GMD might be recalling a lot of vehicles for things but IMO i'm glad to know they aren't hiding it(anymore) a nd honestly the whole ignition thing is still silly IMO, but hey, maybe it will bring push start with keyless entyr!
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4805
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 09:08:02 (permalink)
    moose517
    Psssht, GMD might be recalling a lot of vehicles for things but IMO i'm glad to know they aren't hiding it(anymore) a nd honestly the whole ignition thing is still silly IMO, but hey, maybe it will bring push start with keyless entyr!

There not hiding it because they got caught for it silly. Also its because people complained.

Anyways the Camaro is not worth going into debt for. Really any car IMO that is over 30K is not worth going into debt for. I can agree with 40K at tops with a truck though because you can do so much more with a truck than a car.

srtie4k
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1589
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 09:40:11 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne

The Nurburgring is actually built around a town, and some of the track is actually public road when not hot. I assume that a lot of it being public is the reason why there is so much graffiti.

Gaming Rig:
    Corsair Vegeance C70, Swiftech H220, Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz (1.24V), Asus Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX860, 16GB Corsair Vegeance DDR3-1600 CL9 1.35V, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Dell 2408WFP, Corsair K70 Cherry Red, Corsair M65, Logitech Z-5500 5.1
    Steambox/HTPC:
    Lian Li PC-Q01A, AMD A10-7800, ASRock FM2A88X-ITX, Seasonic ST30SF, 8GB Samsung DDR3-1600 @ 1866, Samsung 840 Evo 250GB MSATA SSD

Affiliate Code: KKDMX98FNV
    kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 09:55:35 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/graffiti.php

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

moose517
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 09:58:34 (permalink)
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    moose517

There not hiding it because they got caught for it silly. Also its because people complained.

Anyways the Camaro is not worth going into debt for. Really any car IMO that is over 30K is not worth going into debt for. I can agree with 40K at tops with a truck though because you can do so much more with a truck than a car.

Thats quite subjective, i have absolutely 0 use for a truck of any sorts, and while yes a camaro or a higher end mustang or challenger is going to cost a pretty penny if it makes you happy who cares.
    -ZS-Carpenter
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1547
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 10:12:15 (permalink)
    moose517
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    moose517

Thats quite subjective, i have absolutely 0 use for a truck of any sorts, and while yes a camaro or a higher end mustang or challenger is going to cost a pretty penny if it makes you happy who cares.

yea, very subjective. I have no use for a personal truck and if something comes up I have a company truck. You can add another dozen cars to your list too. If you can afford it and it makes you happy do it.

Main rig: gaming/folding
    Z68 FTW 2600k@4.2  980 Ti sc+
    Dedicated folders
    x79 Classy/4820k 3x 970
    Q9550/780i 2x 770
    Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2232
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 10:42:46 (permalink)
    Not found of GM products.  They could produce the greatest car for the next 50 years and I would say BLAH.  Style is a personal choice and so is the ability to part with a large amount of cash or go into a large amount of debt.  Seems that we will find some sub-standard production item and large recall like most of their products build since the bailout.  Just seems like the people who bailed these yahoos out should have gotten more than a commercial that said we were paid back we were not and most likely never will be.  I know many will blast this, but its an opinion. just as your talks and rants back are just the same, opinions.  The facts are their quality and recall records are atrocious.  Stock for this company might go up a few point then down many after the recalls start rolling in.  29,000,000 cars recalled this year.  Need I say more.  Good luck gambling with your hard earned cash.  I hear there is still one working Pontiac Fiero still on the road.  That way your assured no more depreciation, as it is like worth pennies even in good working order.  Hey, what ever happen to the many liability claims that got shoved under the rug that they are not responsible for.  The many lives impacted and never compensated for even the hospital or injury claims.  Just a shady deal.  Just a shady company and I cannot support such a shady group that they would sell their sole for the future.  I understand the bailout saved many jobs, but these executive are the worst.  Have been for a while.  Generous Motors, Government Motors, Garbage Motors, etc, call it what you want.  In my opinion it is bad management and bad operations.  Oh and I live in a state that has more GM plants than most any other.  So don't say that I have no clue what their economic impact is or can be.  FYI, most of these facilities are now vacant and becoming eye sores that the local governments now have to deal with.  What do these guys not step in and do the right thing, as they took all tax credits while they operated the plants.  Wrong in so many ways.  Oh and the Camaro, nice car if you just park it your garage.

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 14:28:23 (permalink)
    Grey_Beard
    Not found of GM products.  They could produce the greatest car for the next 50 years and I would say BLAH.  Style is a personal choice and so is the ability to part with a large amount of cash or go into a large amount of debt.  Seems that we will find some sub-standard production item and large recall like most of their products build since the bailout.  Just seems like the people who bailed these yahoos out should have gotten more than a commercial that said we were paid back we were not and most likely never will be.  I know many will blast this, but its an opinion. just as your talks and rants back are just the same, opinions.  The facts are their quality and recall records are atrocious.  Stock for this company might go up a few point then down many after the recalls start rolling in.  29,000,000 cars recalled this year.  Need I say more.  Good luck gambling with your hard earned cash.  I hear there is still one working Pontiac Fiero still on the road.  That way your assured no more depreciation, as it is like worth pennies even in good working order.  Hey, what ever happen to the many liability claims that got shoved under the rug that they are not responsible for.  The many lives impacted and never compensated for even the hospital or injury claims.  Just a shady deal.  Just a shady company and I cannot support such a shady group that they would sell their sole for the future.  I understand the bailout saved many jobs, but these executive are the worst.  Have been for a while.  Generous Motors, Government Motors, Garbage Motors, etc, call it what you want.  In my opinion it is bad management and bad operations.  Oh and I live in a state that has more GM plants than most any other.  So don't say that I have no clue what their economic impact is or can be.  FYI, most of these facilities are now vacant and becoming eye sores that the local governments now have to deal with.  What do these guys not step in and do the right thing, as they took all tax credits while they operated the plants.  Wrong in so many ways.  Oh and the Camaro, nice car if you just park it your garage.

I am also excited for the new Camaro.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/14 14:45:51 (permalink)
    Interesting, glad I asked. That story seems more interesting than the car.
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/15 08:18:35 (permalink)
    -ZS-Carpenter
    moose517
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    moose517

yea, very subjective. I have no use for a personal truck and if something comes up I have a company truck. You can add another dozen cars to your list too. If you can afford it and it makes you happy do it.

I understand what you and Moose are saying about the happiness thing. Also if you can "afford it" that is subjective too in itself. But I see it in a very conservative money management saving way. The reason why I look at the way I do is because your vehicle is a BIG investment. With that said all that money you spent and invested on that vehicle can be gone in a second by you having an accident weather it be some one hitting you or you hitting them. I know some of you maybe like thats why you have insurance Hazman. Well do you honestly think your insurance is going to pay you at least half of what you spent on your car. Also what if the other person in the accident or accidents does not have insurance? And after said accident your insurance payments are going to go through the roof and in the longer run you will be saying damn it. Another thing is even if you did not have an accident, having an expensive sports car like that Camaro will be pretty hefty with insurance payments regardless. (Of course your driving record is taken into account). But with the whole afford it thing does not mean you should just blow money out the blue just because you can. Be wise and spend it on something that will benefit you. Hey just because you can afford it now does not mean you can afford it in the future. Things could happen like you losing your job or you getting some injury that cost thousands on your medical bills, or maybe your property gets burned up in a home fire. Well as you can see I think of ALL these things when it comes to considering in making a BIG purchase.

My four favorite quotes when it comes to living within your means and being frugal:

“Frugality is one of the most beautiful and joyful words in the English language, and yet one that we are culturally cut off from understanding and enjoying. The consumption society has made us feel that happiness lies in having things, and has failed to teach us the happiness of not having things.”
    ― Elise Boulding

“I have learned to seek my happiness by limiting my desires, rather than in attempting to satisfy them.”
    ― John Stuart Mill

“There is no dignity quite so impressive, and no independence quite so important,  as living within your means.”
    ― Calvin Coolidge

“The way to wealth is as plain as the way to market. It depends chiefly on two words, industry and frugality: that is, waste neither time nor money, but make the best use of both. Without industry and frugality nothing will do, and with them everything.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

To be the best you have to learn from the best

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/15 12:02:27 (permalink)
    So what you are saying is lower your expectations and buy a Ford?

Back to the OP: The new Camaro looks promising.
    moose517
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/15 14:24:27 (permalink)
    All i can say to what hazman said is YOLO.  Why sit on a lump of money, live a little, have some fun ;)  There is no such thing as a solid investment no matter how you look at it.  Houses can just as easily be damaged as a car
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/15 14:40:24 (permalink)
    Just wanted to add

AWESOME!!!

LOL!!!

That is all.
    post edited by kram36 - 2014/10/15 14:43:32
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/15 15:01:14 (permalink)
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/15 15:18:16 (permalink)

Man you should all read the comments on the video down below. All these people are getting so emotional on and offensive over which car is better.  One dude did make a point. He said this is Ford's first year with the new Mustang so expect it to be not so good. He explained as if it was the 2010 version(which was the face lift of the 2007) and when 2013 hit that model Mustang had most of its cons eliminated that the 2010 had. Basically expect more power as it progresses through its life cycle just like any other sports car.

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/15 15:30:38 (permalink)
    24 years is hard to beat. Let's see if GM can beat that.
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/15 18:09:41 (permalink)
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

Man you should all read the comments on the video down below. All these people are getting so emotional on and offensive over which car is better.  One dude did make a point. He said this is Ford's first year with the new Mustang so expect it to be not so good. He explained as if it was the 2010 version(which was the face lift of the 2007) and when 2013 hit that model Mustang had most of its cons eliminated that the 2010 had. Basically expect more power as it progresses through its life cycle just like any other sports car.

Nice vid, pretty much what I expected. The Mustang isn't bad in performance, even being it's first year. I just can't get pass the awkward look of the car, just doesn't do it for me personally. You see that center section of the Mustang's rear bumper bulging in and out? Ford needs to address that big time. I just may pony up for the Camaro SS with the 1LE package, it's so perfect in every way to me.

post edited by kram36 - 2014/10/15 18:26:11
    Viper97
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5208
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/15 18:23:11 (permalink)
    I suppose my Yugo is going to take a beating now.

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/15 19:53:29 (permalink)
    Wow, I love that 1LE package!!  285's at all 4 corners, and what seems to be perfect damping rates.........Ford needs to take notes.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/15 20:00:52 (permalink)
    lol, ran into this video.

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro caught on camera 2014/10/15 20:23:52 (permalink)
    kram36
    lol, ran into this video.

lol, oh the 80's were a terrible time!!!  lol, .5 hp per cubic inch bwahahahaha.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile