Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 12
Author
Spatalos
  • Total Posts : 43
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2016/06/12 14:57:27 (permalink)
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29616718&postcount=1460

This post makes my head spin for the second time this week.

Does this really mean EU retailers get supplied earlier then EVGA customers because the ammount of orders are lacking in the EU?

MB: MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming
CPU: Intell I7 3770k @ 4.6Ghz, 1.136V
GPU:  EVGA GTX 1080 ACX
Cooler: H110i
PSU: Coolermaster V850
Case: Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX
JPS2K5
  • Total Posts : 74
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/12 15:02:51 (permalink)
You're probably reading too much into it. I see nothing about pre-orders, only about stock.

Lokius81
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/12 15:13:08 (permalink)
Stock is stock.... it seems like the first cards that arrive in the EU are going directly to the their partners....
I hope that that means not including the pre orders... but i would think he would mention that.
Nostyke
  • Total Posts : 34
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/13 00:51:59 (permalink)
Meh, any clarification on this? 
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/13 02:08:02 (permalink)
I can't give you any clarification because at this time there is no GTX 1080 FTW stock in Europe to my knowledge. I am hopeful there will be stock within 2 weeks. However demand will probably be high so the stock won't last long. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Lanzus
  • Total Posts : 33
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/13 02:12:29 (permalink)
I asked saturday about preorder directly to EVGAsupport EU.

This is the answer:

thank you for contacting the EVGA Customer Service Team. My name is Jan Wyroda and I will answer your question today.

Your Answer:

Hello,

thank you for your message.
We do expect the first cards to arrive next week and we will of course ship the cards as soon as they arrive.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us again, if you have further questions.

Kind regards

So is pretty much clear that for preorder they are going to ship THIS week.

Lokius81
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/13 02:31:12 (permalink)
rjohnson11
I can't give you any clarification because at this time there is no GTX 1080 FTW stock in Europe to my knowledge. I am hopeful there will be stock within 2 weeks. However demand will probably be high so the stock won't last long. 

You literally offered no clarification on stock vs pre orders but thanks :)
Spatalos
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/13 02:38:29 (permalink)
The thing we want to know is.

Do EVGA store Pre-orders get priority over the big retailers in EU? I myself and I think many others don't want to wait longer then necessary if we can get the card faster via a retailer then via the official store
post edited by Spatalos - 2016/06/13 02:46:13

KolaNokka
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/13 14:10:37 (permalink)
Spatalos
The thing we want to know is.

Do EVGA store Pre-orders get priority over the big retailers in EU? I myself and I think many others don't want to wait longer then necessary if we can get the card faster via a retailer then via the official store

I was just about to ask the same thing? All they have said is following:
"Unfortunately I cannot give you an exact date, but you can expect us to be able to ship your order within the next 1-2 weeks."

But the problem is this: IF big retailers get their cards before us who preordered directly from manufacturer, why bother pre-ordering when you can buy faster from retailer...

Last time I checked (I work in a quite big logistics company which ships few hundred thousands shipments per month) they should know the date they will get cards to their own stock. But no confirmation one way or another, can't say that I'm happy but what can you do but wait...

Hopefully they ship us pre-order ones before anything else.
mwickings
  • Total Posts : 15
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 08:04:50 (permalink)
I contacted EVGA about this, apparently their customer service has taken a massive dive, or maybe they only care about US customers?

Hi EVGA,

Please can you comment on this;

In particular;

Originally Posted by Ben @ EVGA 
Hi guys

Just to make things a little clearer for you here. 

1) We have not outputted yet any GTX1080 FTW cards bar a few units for review sites which arrived with reviewers last week.
2) In the US the EVGA store is a popular place for the consumer to shop, in EU and especially the UK we dont have many customers shop at the EVGA online store.
3) With this in mind in the US first stocks are allocation to the EVGA store but in EU and especially in the UK our first stocks are shipping directly to our big partners. So first stocks in Europe will come to the likes of Overclockers.
4) We should get stock at the same time as the US, although then I have 3-4 days shipping to the UK so usually a couple of days behind them.

I am in Germany this week and Taiwan resumes after Dragon Boat holiday so should get a clearer picture and then place updates here Monday/Tuesday night. Stock into the UK will be poor this week due to the holiday last week in Asia but the following week w/c 20th June this should really start to improve.

First SC cards are still due with clients on Monday (tomorrow) though so we will start to fulfill some backorders.

Hope this helps as ever.

Ben

I have been a loyal customer of EVGA and i pre-ordered through your direct shop, i also have multiple EVGA cards all with 10year extended warrenties.  Please tell me that people that have ordered from other suppliers will not get proritised over those who have pre-ordered from you directly.  Especially considering that in this thread;

On your own forums you have stated that;

EVGATech_ChrisB
Thank you everyone for your feedback.  I assure you that we are expecting shipments to start coming in later this week and the beginning of next week.  All Preorders have 100% priority over any other re-seller or distributor.

We appreciate all of our customers and thank you for your understanding and patience throughout this Preorder process.

Please do not hesitate to email us at  if you should have any questions or concerns as we are here to help.

So please can you confirm your stance on this, do you value your UK/European customers as much as you state you value your US customers and that people who pre-ordered their cards from your store directly will be the first cards shipped, or will you be sending the cards to other retailers first and leaving the loyal customers who trust the EVGA brand to wait till last?

Thanks,
Mark

The EVGA responce was;

Hello,

unfortunately the last info we got it might take 1-2 weeks till the first custom cards are available. Regarding the priotising of other suppliers over the webstore customers we have no information regarding that matter. 

Kind regards,

So for europe (I'm in the UK), cards will not be around for another 1-2 weeks and it *seems* like they will go out to other retailers first rather than website preorders, which once you factor in that they will be coming from germany.... it will probably be more like 3-4 weeks before we see ours

I do not have the words to discribe how disappointed i am, i have been with EVGA so long due to their customer service and 10 year warrenty... As the customer service seems to be gone, do any other manufactures offer a 5+ year warrenty?

Spatalos
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 08:09:30 (permalink)
mwickings
I contacted EVGA about this, apparently their customer service has taken a massive dive, or maybe they only care about US customers?

Hi EVGA,

Please can you comment on this;

In particular;

Originally Posted by Ben @ EVGA 
Hi guys

Just to make things a little clearer for you here. 

1) We have not outputted yet any GTX1080 FTW cards bar a few units for review sites which arrived with reviewers last week.
2) In the US the EVGA store is a popular place for the consumer to shop, in EU and especially the UK we dont have many customers shop at the EVGA online store.
3) With this in mind in the US first stocks are allocation to the EVGA store but in EU and especially in the UK our first stocks are shipping directly to our big partners. So first stocks in Europe will come to the likes of Overclockers.
4) We should get stock at the same time as the US, although then I have 3-4 days shipping to the UK so usually a couple of days behind them.

I am in Germany this week and Taiwan resumes after Dragon Boat holiday so should get a clearer picture and then place updates here Monday/Tuesday night. Stock into the UK will be poor this week due to the holiday last week in Asia but the following week w/c 20th June this should really start to improve.

First SC cards are still due with clients on Monday (tomorrow) though so we will start to fulfill some backorders.

Hope this helps as ever.

Ben

I have been a loyal customer of EVGA and i pre-ordered through your direct shop, i also have multiple EVGA cards all with 10year extended warrenties.  Please tell me that people that have ordered from other suppliers will not get proritised over those who have pre-ordered from you directly.  Especially considering that in this thread;

On your own forums you have stated that;

EVGATech_ChrisB
Thank you everyone for your feedback.  I assure you that we are expecting shipments to start coming in later this week and the beginning of next week.  All Preorders have 100% priority over any other re-seller or distributor.

We appreciate all of our customers and thank you for your understanding and patience throughout this Preorder process.

Please do not hesitate to email us at  if you should have any questions or concerns as we are here to help.

So please can you confirm your stance on this, do you value your UK/European customers as much as you state you value your US customers and that people who pre-ordered their cards from your store directly will be the first cards shipped, or will you be sending the cards to other retailers first and leaving the loyal customers who trust the EVGA brand to wait till last?

Thanks,
Mark

The EVGA responce was;

Hello,

unfortunately the last info we got it might take 1-2 weeks till the first custom cards are available. Regarding the priotising of other suppliers over the webstore customers we have no information regarding that matter. 

Kind regards,

So for europe (I'm in the UK), cards will not be around for another 1-2 weeks and it *seems* like they will go out to other retailers first rather than website preorders, which once you factor in that they will be coming from germany.... it will probably be more like 3-4 weeks before we see ours

I do not have the words to discribe how disappointed i am, i have been with EVGA so long due to their customer service and 10 year warrenty... As the customer service seems to be gone, do any other manufactures offer a 5+ year warrenty?

This just starts getting better and better.

Lanzus
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 08:17:01 (permalink)
And why then support EU to me said that they are going to ship this week ? Makes no sense at all ... 
Lokius81
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 09:05:09 (permalink)
Dutch retailer is reporting they are getting SC versions this week.
Not many though.
Avolate
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 134
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 09:07:14 (permalink)
Most of the EU FTW cards were going to EVGA first, but because not alot of people preordered from the EVGA EU site they are going to send the cards they get to other retailers.   I think that means they will fill the few small preorders from EU EVGA they did get and send the rest of the cards off to fill other orders.
Lokius81
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 09:16:17 (permalink)
Avolate
Most of the EU FTW cards were going to EVGA first, but because not alot of people preordered from the EVGA EU site they are going to send the cards they get to other retailers.   I think that means they will fill the few small preorders from EU EVGA they did get and send the rest of the cards off to fill other orders.

I really hope you are right about that.
Spatalos
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 09:25:39 (permalink)
Lokius81
Not many though.

4 launch?

Convict5937
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 10:00:39 (permalink)
For the past two generations I've not ordered from the European EVGA store but instead from the retailers, for this exact reason. I preordered one 1080 FTW on Scan and one on Overclockers - it'll be interesting to see which will arrive first. My bet is on Overclockers, they've always had the best availability in the past.
Lokius81
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 10:01:51 (permalink)
Spatalos
Lokius81
Not many though.

4 launch?

Yes
Spatalos
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 10:29:03 (permalink)
Lokius81
Spatalos
Lokius81
Not many though.

4 launch?

Yes

Put an pickup order in just incase they get it earlier in stock then my FTW is going to be send.

sethleigh
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 796
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 10:30:09 (permalink)
I think they shoulda held off launch for an additional 2-3 weeks until they can build up enough stock to avoid this kind of hyperventilation. As adults in the real world we eventually learn to temper our desire to have everything we want right now and learn a little bit of patience. It's one of the things that distinguish functioning adults from children.

The cynic might say that they release like this just so that these little tempests in a teacup generate the appearance of something really earthshaking and important going on. It makes the 1080 release seem more of a big deal than it really is. Don't get me wrong, it's a massive upgrade, and reminds me of the level of one-step performance improvement that we saw back when the Geforce 8800gtx was released. I got one of the first of those cards off the boat, and it sure is fun, so I understand. But seriously guys, take a deep breath, relax, and just accept that you're going to get your new video card about as fast as it's possible to get it based on manufacturing and market realities.

Also remember that even though you think you are the center of the world because you snuck in a pre-order, there are plenty of other paying EVGA customers around the world who want a card too, and EVGA has a business to run. How do you think those who pre-ordered from EVGA's partner sites in Europe feel about you claiming that all the American customers should be satisfied before they are, just because they happen to be in Europe? EVGA is doing what they think is the best they can to satisfy all of their customers.

Yeah, I too keep refreshing nowinstock.net's 1080 stock tracker, and checking my email for all of the notifications I'm expecting from EVGA, Newegg, and anyone else who I can sign up with. I'll get my 1080 FTW. Might take another couple of weeks than I'd like, but that's not the end of the world.

Happy EVGA customer.  Affiliate Code: 0Y7-1VU-ATW2

GigaByte X570 Aorus Master, AMD Ryzen 5900x under Optimus Foundation block, 32gb G.Skill DDR4 @ 3800 MHz 14-14-14-28, EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra under Optimus block, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, EVGA Supernova G6 850W PS, ASUS 34" 3440x1440p 120Hz ultrawide, Lenovo 24" 1080p secondary monitor, Win 10

mwickings
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 11:17:45 (permalink)
sethleigh
I think they shoulda held off launch for an additional 2-3 weeks until they can build up enough stock to avoid this kind of hyperventilation. As adults in the real world we eventually learn to temper our desire to have everything we want right now and learn a little bit of patience. It's one of the things that distinguish functioning adults from children.

The cynic might say that they release like this just so that these little tempests in a teacup generate the appearance of something really earthshaking and important going on. It makes the 1080 release seem more of a big deal than it really is. Don't get me wrong, it's a massive upgrade, and reminds me of the level of one-step performance improvement that we saw back when the Geforce 8800gtx was released. I got one of the first of those cards off the boat, and it sure is fun, so I understand. But seriously guys, take a deep breath, relax, and just accept that you're going to get your new video card about as fast as it's possible to get it based on manufacturing and market realities.

Also remember that even though you think you are the center of the world because you snuck in a pre-order, there are plenty of other paying EVGA customers around the world who want a card too, and EVGA has a business to run. How do you think those who pre-ordered from EVGA's partner sites in Europe feel about you claiming that all the American customers should be satisfied before they are, just because they happen to be in Europe? EVGA is doing what they think is the best they can to satisfy all of their customers.

Yeah, I too keep refreshing nowinstock.net's 1080 stock tracker, and checking my email for all of the notifications I'm expecting from EVGA, Newegg, and anyone else who I can sign up with. I'll get my 1080 FTW. Might take another couple of weeks than I'd like, but that's not the end of the world.

When you are parting with such large sums of money and you are choosing to with a certian brand because that brand installs confidance and a level of customer service you are well within your rights to demand a great service.  This type of attitude you are trying to point to may be valid to a child who wants something from their parents - but when you pay for a product from a company, no matter the product you expect and are fully entitled to expect the level of services associated.  If you bought a flight with easyjet or ryan air you know you are cheaping out and dont expect very good service, i have a couple of times from these companies and due to the way they treat you and the bad service they give i now never use them.  Now i fly with BA and it costs more, but i get great customer service and miles better comfort - that is what i expect for the extra money i am paying.

I work very hard for the money i earn and if i am paying more money for a superior customer service (as that is why we use EVGA, right? customer service and warrenty) then you expect that great customer service.  If we wanted the cheapest product, we would go elsewhere and pay less.  If we wanted the fastest best product we would get an ROG STRIX which is factory clocked at nearly 2ghz.

We go to EVGA beacuse of customer service and warrenty and when they do not deliver it hurts that brand and we have the right to express our dissatisfaction with the service - as that is what we are paying our hard earned money on.

It winds me up no end when people try to defend a company like you have, if everyone worked your way there would only be RyanAir's around and we would only have bad service as brand would not matter.
sethleigh
SSC Member
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 12:02:10 (permalink)
MWickings, step back for a second and think seriously about this situation. We have some folks who pre-ordered on the EVGA site. We've also got folks in Europe who have attempted to buy as quickly as they can from the outlets EVGA is able to reach them at. These are all EVGA customers. Their money all smells the same. They are people too. We now have some folks who ordered from the EVGA site in the USA complaining that EVGA customers in Europe might be getting their video cards at the same time as US customers are getting them. That's what's really going on here. You've got folks all wound up because their sense of entitlement and privilege isn't matching up to what the business realities of EVGA as a global brand have required.

But go with your scenario. Your a British EVGA customer, and you've put down your hard-earned money in order to get the best service from EVGA possible, just like these guys here on this thread. Should you not expect to get a fair crack at the earliest shipping cards? If not, why not? Why are those who pre-ordered from the EVGA site supposed to get all of their cards before EVGA's business partners, who cater to EVGA's customers in other parts of the world, get any of their cards? Can you explain this?

What we're really seeing here is a US-centric sense of privilege and entitlement running into the realities of a global company with a global customer base, trying to keep everyone satisfied to the best of their ability. And it's a zero sum game, because for some of these folks in the US to get their cards a few days sooner, someone in Britain or Ireland or Germany has to get their cards few days later. But that's OK, think the folks in this thread, because why? Because their money is somehow better? Because they're more loyal customers? Because they happen to live in the US and so ordered off the US website, rather than have to depend on EVGA's local partners for their pre-orders?

By the way, this is why many companies refuse to sell directly, and ONLY sell through partners. It greatly simplifies relationships. For years and years and years partners have hated direct competition from the OEMs, and this is one example why: people always expect that if they go straight to the OEM they will get preferential treatment.

GigaByte X570 Aorus Master, AMD Ryzen 5900x under Optimus Foundation block, 32gb G.Skill DDR4 @ 3800 MHz 14-14-14-28, EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra under Optimus block, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, EVGA Supernova G6 850W PS, ASUS 34" 3440x1440p 120Hz ultrawide, Lenovo 24" 1080p secondary monitor, Win 10

mwickings
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 12:13:08 (permalink)
I think you are missing the point...I am complaining about customer service.

I have asked EVGA on two occasions and get nothing of value back, we hear but have not had confirmed that the cards in europe that were pre-ordered on the site will go out after the pre-orders from other retailers and could be 1-2 weeks later than their cards (potentially 3 weeks later than USA EVGA site orders).  I asked for comment and conformation on when we can receive the cards, i got nothing back.

Yet people asking these questions in the USA get replies to tickets and even on the forums to peoples concerns or quiries, there is still no responce on this thread from EVGA as to when EU website ordered can be expected, this is bad customer service.

Now secondly they have said that in the US EVGA are giving priority to their pre-oders on the EVGA store, but in Europe they have said on a 3rd party forum the opposite is true, meaning that customers who go directly to them in Europe are not receiving the same customer service as those in the USA.  In the USA EVGA supply suppliers such as newegg who are many orders of magnatude bigger and more important to EVGA than overclockers.co.uk who only serve the UK.  So why is there this inequality in the customer service offered based on region.  We should be able to trust in the EVGA brand, globally.

If these people ordering from other retails were as loyal customers and we know from history (at least in the US) that EVGA prioritises their EVGA webstore customers, then those people would of ordered form the webstore.  But they did not, because they were loyal to overclockers or whichever other retailer they choose, maybe they get all the compontants from them and that is why the used them?
sethleigh
SSC Member
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/14 13:35:45 (permalink)
Ok, you're right. EVGA's customer support and product folks fumbled a little on this one. 

Now what? Are you going to cancel your orders over it? Are you going to demand they give you something for what you've suffered? It's your move. 

Realmlist
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/15 01:01:54 (permalink)
Canceling your order just to get your <insert other brand> GTX 1080 a day or two earlier is just plain stupid.
I really don't get it why some people have absolutely no patience.
Lanzus
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/15 01:58:14 (permalink)

Realmlist
Canceling your order just to get your <insert other brand> GTX 1080 a day or two earlier is just plain stupid.
I really don't get it why some people have absolutely no patience.

The problem is that we do not know for sure if is going to be "a day or two" or "a WEEK or two". The lack of communication this time is unacceptable. We are talking about a company that is selling a PREMIUM product for a PREMIUM price. At least i want know WHEN they are going to deliver. This have nothing to do with patiance. 
post edited by Lanzus - 2016/06/15 02:23:58
Hergul
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/15 02:11:50 (permalink)
I dont know if im supposed to post this or not but what harm can it do : 

I ordered my ACX3.0 Evga 1080 on the 27/5 roughly 15min past release got told they all sold out at that time so no cards to deliver... now the shop i ordered it from Komplett.se priced it at 6599 SwedishKR (roughly 650 euro/dollars) ... ive been in contact with both EVGA and Komplett about my order and how its coming along... 2 days ago i received a phone call from Komplett.se saying that EVGA called them and told them to ship the EVGA SC cards instead of the stock card i ordered for the same price... so a card that costs 7199 Skr (720 euro/dollar) being shipped and costing 650 euro/dollar instead... im not complaining at all im very satisfied with EVGA and the way the handled the situation.. basicly anyone who ordered the standard stock speed ACX 3.0 is receiving the Super clocked instead... im extremly happy to be honest and im receiving the card today ... so EVGA is basicly selling the SC for the price of the Stock Founder speed acx 3.0 cards... so stop crying about EVGA this or that.... i only thought id find this many cry babies on World of warcraft forums about Warrior nerfs
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/15 02:17:27 (permalink)
I am forwarding this thread to EVGA EU. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Realmlist
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/15 02:31:38 (permalink)
Hergul
 i only thought id find this many cry babies on World of warcraft forums about Warrior nerfs

Ha!
GeneralUranus
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: 1080 FTW shipments EU 2016/06/15 02:40:50 (permalink)
People here making me anxious.... I don't mind waiting for my card. It's a pre-order and demand is high, but I would be very dissatisfied when EU retailers receive the cards before the EU customers who pre-ordered directly from the EVGA store. That wouldn't make ANY sense at all and a major kick in the testies.
I would sincerely appreciate some clarification on the matter and an estimate on when EU pre-order cards are expected to ship. If it takes longer than two weeks I will curl up under the shower and suck my thumb for the time being.
Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 12
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile